[1.2.4] Tendril Lock: The lightning and ice witch (updated)

There's "The Winter-Arc Crit" build which has a Lightning Tendrils version as well: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1121562/

But I chose to do something with this build, as this is a bit more defensive with Elemental Proliferation and the use of Cloak of Defiance. And I was interested in this build already in 1.2.

I took a max area scion LT tree from ZenocideGenius' stream, and modified it to witch.

Level 87 tree:

Not sure if this is how optimized, for example the Mental Rapidity wheel could possibly be switched to spell/lightning damage.

Gear + links:
Spoiler

I first used Warlord's + Assassin's Marks in the Curse on Hit, but found it too unreliable for life leech especially in parties. Changed Warlord's to a bit more defensive Temporal Chains to increase freeze durations and slow opponents in general. This required using Life Leech in 5L CoD. If the CoD was 6L the final link would be Lightning Penetration.

DPS is 18k with current gems, around 21k with 5 power charges. This is enough to freeze + shatter mostly everything in maps up to level 76, higher ones not tested yet.

For single target bosses the Increased AoE + Elemenental Prolif can be changed to Concentrated Effect + Increased Crit Damage/Faster Casting for 39k DPS (46k with charges).

The Flame Totem is for utility. 2.7k DPS per flame and efficient shotgunning with GMP. It crits and stuns quite well itself, and can be used for bosses, lightning resistant rares, blinding attackers and ranged safety. It's not even required to use Pyre, if you're ok to shock with the totem and then kill the monsters for Herald of Lightning effect (effect doesn't trigger if the totem does the kill).

Life is 3.5k currently, and 800 unreserved mana. My gear could be much improved in this sense, but with so much freezing and proliferation this is quite safe.

Reflect maps can be done but I really don't recommend it. Mana keeps draining empty from damage and turns Arctic Armour off constantly. I think I turned Herald of Thunder off and cursed manually Warlord's + Assassin's. Ripped to a crit from Lightning Warp near a box, then linked Life Leech to that as well...

Atziri? Maybe if you just DPS it carefully. The main defence of the build obviously can't be used as Atziri does not freeze.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info