[1.2.4] Tendril Lock: The lightning and ice witch (updated)

"
xiwen wrote:
"
schitschi wrote:
Do you think this build will work in beyond?

yes. you probably have to pick up more life node before dmg. And play carefully, there are chance to die to double ele ref with the ice herald explosion and LT.

Beyond is not hardcore

@schitsi, I wouldnt recommend Lightning tendrils as a skill at all in beyond. It locks you too long into place and basically any beyond unique would wreck you, especially na'em and ofc mister itself, abaxoth. Unless you reach around 40-50kish dps of course in which case you would wreck them before they wreck you. I dont see that happening unless you go crit with Conc. Its why incinerate is so popular in beyond, its mobile (fast LW), has resilience (block+LgoH), and does tons of dmg (3k tooltip (Which is ez mode) delivers 45k shotgun).
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
Last edited by leary93 on Nov 1, 2014, 12:04:11 AM
"
leary93 wrote:
"
xiwen wrote:
"
schitschi wrote:
Do you think this build will work in beyond?

yes. you probably have to pick up more life node before dmg. And play carefully, there are chance to die to double ele ref with the ice herald explosion and LT.

Beyond is not hardcore

@schitsi, I wouldnt recommend Lightning tendrils as a skill at all in beyond. It locks you too long into place and basically any beyond unique would wreck you, especially na'em and ofc mister itself, abaxoth. Unless you reach around 40-50kish dps of course in which case you would wreck them before they wreck you. I dont see that happening unless you go crit with Conc. Its why incinerate is so popular in beyond, its mobile (fast LW), has resilience (block+LgoH), and does tons of dmg (3k tooltip (Which is ez mode) delivers 45k shotgun).

So you need to have 40k dps to play in beyond?? I think most Lv 8x or even 9x cant kill abaxoth seriously...

I think LT can dps down beyond mob without prob, especially when they spawn in pack, they get freeze instantly. Anw im doing about 20k dps with lightning pen and ele weakness now, I think that is decent end game dps
Last edited by xiwen on Nov 1, 2014, 12:37:01 AM
"
xiwen wrote:

So you need to have 40k dps to play in beyond?? I think most Lv 8x or even 9x cant kill abaxoth seriously...

I think LT can dps down beyond mob without prob, especially when they spawn in pack, they get freeze instantly. Anw im doing about 20k dps with lightning pen and ele weakness now, I think that is decent end game dps

You dont NEED 40k dps, but you do when you are close range. IF you ever tried mapping in beyond, its a pain in the ass if you arent full ranged, and very very mobile. Regardless of any other freeze mechanics you may have. LT can dps down a mob, but you actually have to aim for them at that point you know, and you usually dont with LT. Trust me, or dont, and try it out, but dont say I havent warned you, rampage is whole a lot different than beyond, whole a lot. And not being able to kill abaxoth is fine, but not being able to survive when he spawns is not. LT locks you in place pretty severely, and this would be fine if you are in full range, like with arc, but you arent, unless you are clearing insanely inefficient. Have you seen how fast willy got bursted down?
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
Hmm well, im trying anyway. I wanna see how far i can get ^^
I'm giving this a go too (In Rampage). Levelling has been a breeze, but I'm about to hit the crunch point - I'm level 58 and have got to A3M, I've had builds before that have fell apart here!
I should get a big boost once I can equip my end game gear though, I'm going to try using Carcass jack, and have a pair of divinarius lined up, although I might go with a shield - I have been using one anyway in Merciless as I needed the resists

I could go with Rathpith later (I also like being able to swap in Saffels if needed) and maybe grab some block nodes instead of the dual wield cast speed - depends on survivability. I don't seem to have much life at the moment, got more nodes to grab and better gear to equip (I'm just on levelling gear - still wearing briskwrap!)
I'm not planning on using incinerate - I will probably use conc effect (Carcass Jack should cover the downside) or maybe just swap it in for bosses. Although vaal spark has been a revelation, I've only ever used it half heartedly without any links. In a 4 link on a lightning spec character it is like an old school shoot'em up smart bomb. It's one shotted every boss (Or at lease one phase for Merveil/Dominus) and bandit leader so far.

Still worried about survivability though (though of course freezing helps). Not a huge amount of life, no armour (Having endurance charge up helps a little) and only a bit of evasion and no MoM if I stick with Carcass. Was considering lightning coil until I worked out how many chromes I would need to get the right links (I'm having enough trouble colouring Windscream!).
I'll do an update once I'm geared up and hit maps (Probably tonight)
But definitely a fun and interesting build - I like the interesting use of the mechanics.
"
Carlovski wrote:
I'm giving this a go too (In Rampage). Levelling has been a breeze, but I'm about to hit the crunch point - I'm level 58 and have got to A3M, I've had builds before that have fell apart here!
I should get a big boost once I can equip my end game gear though, I'm going to try using Carcass jack, and have a pair of divinarius lined up, although I might go with a shield - I have been using one anyway in Merciless as I needed the resists

I could go with Rathpith later (I also like being able to swap in Saffels if needed) and maybe grab some block nodes instead of the dual wield cast speed - depends on survivability. I don't seem to have much life at the moment, got more nodes to grab and better gear to equip (I'm just on levelling gear - still wearing briskwrap!)
I'm not planning on using incinerate - I will probably use conc effect (Carcass Jack should cover the downside) or maybe just swap it in for bosses. Although vaal spark has been a revelation, I've only ever used it half heartedly without any links. In a 4 link on a lightning spec character it is like an old school shoot'em up smart bomb. It's one shotted every boss (Or at lease one phase for Merveil/Dominus) and bandit leader so far.

Still worried about survivability though (though of course freezing helps). Not a huge amount of life, no armour (Having endurance charge up helps a little) and only a bit of evasion and no MoM if I stick with Carcass. Was considering lightning coil until I worked out how many chromes I would need to get the right links (I'm having enough trouble colouring Windscream!).
I'll do an update once I'm geared up and hit maps (Probably tonight)
But definitely a fun and interesting build - I like the interesting use of the mechanics.

If you worry about survivability you could swap the nimbleness nodes and the other 3 cast speed nodes from the shadow start - with fingers of frost. ive been doing that with great success. Sure, youll miss out some casting speed, but you dont really notice that later on.
Last edited by aitalar on Nov 3, 2014, 7:37:01 AM
Great build, I approve.
Damn, now I can't stop shatter mobs... Very addictive build :D Survivability and clear speed is great, however I have some troubles with stronger bosses like Dominus. Currently at 83 level I have 17k DPS and about 4k HP, my gear:
Spoiler

It's definitely #1 spellcaster build for me.
Can someone update this build, with new league,can i beat atziri with this build?
I'd be interested in an update as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info