[1.2.4] Tendril Lock: The lightning and ice witch (updated)

"
atheyd wrote:
What would you use for your 6th gem in a 6-link?

Con eff or lightning pen. For me I like huge aoe, so lightning pen.

"
Floleb7 wrote:
What about the bandits ?

Normal +40 base Life
Cruel +4% Cast Speed
Merciless 1 passive skill point
Why not just use herald of ice? When I use it with crit im shattering everything the exact same way.
"
NachoWeasel wrote:
Why not just use herald of ice? When I use it with crit im shattering everything the exact same way.

I think u're trying to ask why go thru the trouble to convert with three dragon and pyre where it can shock and freeze with Lightning tendril + Herald of ice?

I had tried HOI with LT support by Added cold. I still couldnt get blue pack to freeze, especially mob that have high life and cold resis

Lv20 HOI add 53-70 to spell. Multiple it by 1/4 because of LT damage effectiveness of 25%

" If the duration would be below 0.3 seconds, the freeze effect is not applied; at base this is equivalent to 3.00% of the target's effective maximum life. "

How much is ur criti multiplier to freeze those blue cold res mob like Colossal Bonestalker or Chimeral with avr 15 cold dmg from HOI?
Last edited by xiwen on Oct 28, 2014, 11:28:58 PM
"

"
NachoWeasel wrote:

I think u're trying to ask why go thru the trouble to convert with three dragon and pyre where it can shock and freeze with Lightning tendril + Herald of ice?

I had tried HOI with LT support by Added cold. I still couldnt get blue pack to freeze, especially mob that have high life and cold resis

Lv20 HOI add 53-70 to spell. Multiple it by 1/4 because of LT damage effectiveness of 25%

" If the duration would be below 0.3 seconds, the freeze effect is not applied; at base this is equivalent to 3.00% of the target's effective maximum life. "

How much is ur criti multiplier to freeze those blue cold res mob like Colossal Bonestalker or Chimeral with avr 15 cold dmg from HOI?

Hmmm fair point. Ive never really taken the time to check and see if one thing gets frozen when another doesen't. But most of the time I 1 shot everything and it all just shatters. Albeit this could just be b/c of the damage of Herald of thunder and LT itself and the shatters are just a bonus.
lightning pen is a best damage support, it should be already in your setup.
IGN TylordRampage
Hi,

have a question, i try your build. Is very funny to play. Now i have the Three Dragon Helm, but when i use it - The herald of thunder dont work also the Warlords gem. I test it two times, when i use a other help the Thunder also the Curse Gem workds. Why?

regards
"
seba28 wrote:
Hi,

have a question, i try your build. Is very funny to play. Now i have the Three Dragon Helm, but when i use it - The herald of thunder dont work also the Warlords gem. I test it two times, when i use a other help the Thunder also the Curse Gem workds. Why?

regards

Hi, I cant really understand your English. But I'm guessing you have trouble keeping herald of thunder constantly activated?

You need to wear Pyre ring and run Herald of Ice. Pyre ring will convert HOI cold damage to fire, which will shock enemy (because of three dragon helmet), thus keeping herald of thunder running constantly. Herald of Thunder will then curse all the enemies with Warlord's Mark, which will give you mana and life when you hit them.
Hi,

nice build. At the moment I'm trying it for my witch. It works really well, even with "only" 4B Linked Armor.

Spoiler

Even with this "not so good" armor, i reach about 13k of DPS. (Respec to your build is in progress)
My CoD waits for RNG to be 5 or 6L.

I for my self want to know, what are your current stats? Even when its not finished yet.
Do you plan to add a leveling progress guide for this build? (20, 50, 70, 100 points)

And at least, thank you for sharing your build! :-)

ps: Sorry for my english
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Interesting take, but as others mentioned spell echo is not so comfortale with tendrils, instead conc effect (somewhere recommended) is probably a better option because:

1. You do more damage per hit, meaning you'll be able to penetrate the tresholds easier.

2. you wont be locked in place insanely long, safing you for a lot of deaths not only, BUT, also increasing your clear speed since you dont waste time shooting blanks.

3. Conc effect is also a bigger pure dps multiplier, since both spell echo and conc end up at 69% more, while spell echo has a 10% less to it too. Since you already use increased AoE, I dont think you'll have such bad time losing that bit of AoE.

for the rest, I really wonder why you dont go crit. you already use double divinarius, and you open up 10 passive points of which you can put 4 immediatly into power charges, 3 into assasination and 3 into annihilation. not only will your freeze and shock be way more potent, you'll also be able to shock and maybe freeze rares, and do a lot more damage. you'd moreover are able to slot in increased critical instead of elemental proliferation giving you even more increased damage. you'd really only need to dual curse for the use of assasin's mark (or have a secondary skill to generate charges) but its pretty easy to slot that in and use windscreams (which give a bit of elemental damage too).

Im also not to fond about picking up excesive cast speed btw, and you planned into a whopping 80%, at which your faster casting gem gains extremely reduced efficiency. (at 21/20 thats 50% increased I believe, which is an effective increase of 230/180 =~ 125.5%, meaning that lightning penetration would always be better at that point.

This last point on cast speed holds regardless of whatever.
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
"
leary93 wrote:
Interesting take, but as others mentioned spell echo is not so comfortale with tendrils, instead conc effect (somewhere recommended) is probably a better option because:

1. You do more damage per hit, meaning you'll be able to penetrate the tresholds easier.

2. you wont be locked in place insanely long, safing you for a lot of deaths not only, BUT, also increasing your clear speed since you dont waste time shooting blanks.

3. Conc effect is also a bigger pure dps multiplier, since both spell echo and conc end up at 69% more, while spell echo has a 10% less to it too. Since you already use increased AoE, I dont think you'll have such bad time losing that bit of AoE.

for the rest, I really wonder why you dont go crit. you already use double divinarius, and you open up 10 passive points of which you can put 4 immediatly into power charges, 3 into assasination and 3 into annihilation. not only will your freeze and shock be way more potent, you'll also be able to shock and maybe freeze rares, and do a lot more damage. you'd moreover are able to slot in increased critical instead of elemental proliferation giving you even more increased damage. you'd really only need to dual curse for the use of assasin's mark (or have a secondary skill to generate charges) but its pretty easy to slot that in and use windscreams (which give a bit of elemental damage too).

Im also not to fond about picking up excesive cast speed btw, and you planned into a whopping 80%, at which your faster casting gem gains extremely reduced efficiency. (at 21/20 thats 50% increased I believe, which is an effective increase of 230/180 =~ 125.5%, meaning that lightning penetration would always be better at that point.

This last point on cast speed holds regardless of whatever.

Lightning pen could be better choice than echo. Definitely not Conc effect, Aoe is really important in freeze prolif build. Before I use COD, I can freeze the whole freeze with Carcass jack. Clear speed is really bad if I use Conc eff with 30% reduced Aoe.

Regarding echo's lock in place, it was brought up before. I dont really mind being rooted for a third of a second for the huge dps boost. My dps is 19k, 12k without echo. It is a freeze build anyway, I dont get hit often, even when rooted.

Good point on Crit. Currently I got a flat 15% chance to freeze or shock. One thing Im not sure is whether the chance is per cast or per hit (LT do 8 hit per cast with echo). I know Crit is per cast, which mean if I dont crit the first hit, the remaining 7 hit will not crit as well.

I think lightning tendrils scale really well with cast speed because of the 25% Damage effectiveness. I dont know what you mean by faster casting gains extremely reduced efficiency. Can you explain? Maybe Im not aware of the mechanic. Thanks!

Last edited by xiwen on Oct 30, 2014, 1:21:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info