[1.2.4] Tendril Lock: The lightning and ice witch (updated)

Changes:
-windscream (ele weakness for 2nd curse)
-swap faster casting with lightning pen for better dps

=======================================================================================

[1.2.4] Tendril Lock: The lightning and ice witch

Hello poe.
I made this build to play with the two new skills introduced in 1.2.4

The Idea
Is to keep the two heralds constantly activated, freeze lock and shock the enemy.
With three dragon
- lightning tendril will freeze (bigger hit, able to freeze lock most rare mob)
- Ice herald dmg is converted to fire with Pyre ring, which shock (keep thunder herald going)
- Thunder herald link with Warlock Mark curse on hit and blind (take care of life and mana leech)

Gameplay
Shipyard Boss Run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cuF1RowlUQ
Gorge Full Run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQWZU5lDqnU
near rip to double ele reflect xD, play it safe u should be fine!

Why play this build when we have perma freezer alrdy, like ice spear/freezing pulse build?
First thing first, IT IS FUN! And it is new!
The advantage of LT is, it got amazing cast speed and amazing AOE scaling, making it a very fast paced build. It is visually amazing too, with the thunder herald striking all over the place, and ice herald shattering explosion.

Offense
White and blue packs: Lightning Tendrils (100% freeze and prolif)
Rare mob: Incinerate
Unique boss: Vaal Spark

Defense
Because it is a perma freeze build, it is fairly safe if u know what u are doing.
I use Mind over matter and Arctic Armour as my defensive mechanic.

Skill

Lightning Tendrils

6th slot:

Vaal Spark

Incinerate

Herald of Thunder

Warp

Arctic armor

Aura

Gears

Passive
http://goo.gl/l7BGi2

Will update my dps when I got my skill gems leveled to max
Cheers!
Last edited by xiwen on Oct 31, 2014, 1:36:32 AM
Very interesting build. I was looking for a way to do this and hadnt thought of that ring. Also, it may be a matter of preference, but I'm not liking Spell Echo with this. It makes the skill repeat which causes it to hit 8 times (locking you in place). The 8 hits act as one meaning if you crit, you crit all 8, but if you dont, you dont crit at all.

I added Concentrated effect to really get that damage high at the cost of losing some AoE distance.

Out of curiosity, do you think proliferation is worth it? For the most part, if I shock something with the skill, it's going to shock everything it hits so I'm not sure if you really gain anything by using it. I suppose the cold portion would spread but with Herald of Ice, that is already a pretty large range.

I'm still learning the skill so you may have thought of these but figured I'd mention it.
Why are you taking cold damage nodes when you're dealing primarily lightning damage? Also, why are you passing on some very efficient damage nodes (like lightning walker)? If freezing is an issue, then the fingers of frost cluster would be more efficient; would it not?

Here's what I would do.
Last edited by thewrongthing on Oct 27, 2014, 4:58:25 PM
i would use a shield
ign: ALLRAUDER
Would Carcass Jack work nstead of Defiance?
Also do you have any leveling tips/gear? It would be my first time playin a witch :x
"
thewrongthing wrote:
Why are you taking cold damage nodes when you're dealing primarily lightning damage? Also, why are you passing on some very efficient damage nodes (like lightning walker)? If freezing is an issue, then the fingers of frost cluster would be more efficient; would it not?

Here's what I would do.

He's taking it for the chance to freeze.
"
Jaxom wrote:
Very interesting build. I was looking for a way to do this and hadnt thought of that ring. Also, it may be a matter of preference, but I'm not liking Spell Echo with this. It makes the skill repeat which causes it to hit 8 times (locking you in place). The 8 hits act as one meaning if you crit, you crit all 8, but if you dont, you dont crit at all.

I added Concentrated effect to really get that damage high at the cost of losing some AoE distance.

Out of curiosity, do you think proliferation is worth it? For the most part, if I shock something with the skill, it's going to shock everything it hits so I'm not sure if you really gain anything by using it. I suppose the cold portion would spread but with Herald of Ice, that is already a pretty large range.

I'm still learning the skill so you may have thought of these but figured I'd mention it.

Im not doing crit. I dont know how chance to freeze passive interact with multiple hit per cast. But atm I'm freezing 100% of the time on white and blues packs when mapping.

Spell echo did root me in position, but for maybe for like a third of a second (because of all the cast speed node on the tree). The mob are freeze in place too =) I guess it work out well for my build. And giving up spell echo drop my dps quite significantly, from 19k to 12k.

Con eff greatly slow down my Aoe clear speed. I got skill for single target dps, so LT dps is doing fine atm without con eff.

Prolif is definitely important for a perma freeze build

"
Agent_Wesker wrote:
"
thewrongthing wrote:

Here's what I would do.

He's taking it for the chance to freeze.

Yup, Im going for chance to freeze node.
I've updated the passive tree to 118 point tree. Previously was just 111 point tree which I left out those lightning dmg node. I think dps is not an issue without them, I'll focus on the health nodes before taking them.

"
i would use a shield

I dont have shield block nodes, so in my opinion using shield will be wasted.
It also means giving up 10% aoe, 60+% spell dmg(from divinarus) and 20% cast speed(from passive).

"
Ishamz wrote:
Would Carcass Jack work nstead of Defiance?
Also do you have any leveling tips/gear? It would be my first time playin a witch :x

I used carcass previously before switch to cod. I feel aoe is decent without carcass.
And also, huge physical hit might be an issue. Because u cant run Arctic armor and Mind over matter without cod

For leveling, LT is completely capable to run from Lv1 to end game. You might want to use flameblast earlier on because LT is quite slow on killing act boss without the supports.
Also getting the 5L Lightning Tendril and herald of thunder + warlord curse combo running up fast will make the build so much more enjoyable.
Gears wise, just typical leveling gear:
Spoiler

Last edited by xiwen on Oct 27, 2014, 7:29:49 PM
very nice. I gave three dragons a quick try on my build which has crit so figured i'd freeze more and it's so so.

WHat I ended up doing and could possibly work here is I use a doryani's with ice spear, gmp, pcoc (for my charges) and that provides a lvl20 prolif and global elemental leech. I may test dual wielding those but not sure. Anyhow it's an extra cast but I freeze almost everything while still keeping a high dps around 31K (before 2 heralds). But I have 6link, level 16 tendrils. Also, I don't have any more aoe increase than the 2 nodes in the witch area. I could (and just may once it's leveled to 19) swap a gem for AOE. RIght now dropping one gem brings to 26K
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
What about the bandits ?
What would you use for your 6th gem in a 6-link?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info