Fun Fact; Masters levels 1-7 is less than 33% of level 8

It seems the frustration around master levelling stems from masters not being account-wide but league-wide (if you know what I mean).

It would be a good idea to investigate the possibility of carrying over experience gained from one league to the next.

Another interesting idea would be that daily missions can be saved up. This would mean that for all the days of the league (which can be capped of necessary), you'll get back all the daily missions you missed (and therefore all the bonus exp) which is better than nothing :) !
Looking at the amount of exp required to get level 8 makes me wonder why they even bothered nerfing spawn rates in places like tidal island, at around 2.5k exp per master the 900,000 needed to level would take 360 runs per master and each run for me took me a few minutes(can't help but kill stuff)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
Mivvi wrote:
It seems the frustration around master levelling stems from masters not being account-wide but league-wide (if you know what I mean).

It would be a good idea to investigate the possibility of carrying over experience gained from one league to the next.

Another interesting idea would be that daily missions can be saved up. This would mean that for all the days of the league (which can be capped of necessary), you'll get back all the daily missions you missed (and therefore all the bonus exp) which is better than nothing :) !

The problem with carrying over the masters is that it would pretty much destroy the idea of leagues being a fresh start, which is most of their appeal. It's a pretty big advantage for players to just start with 7 level 8 masters from the get-go, especially given how crucial they are early in the league to make good-enough weapons.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
"
TheTenthDoc wrote:
"
Mivvi wrote:

The problem with carrying over the masters is that it would pretty much destroy the idea of leagues being a fresh start, which is most of their appeal. It's a pretty big advantage for players to just start with 7 level 8 masters from the get-go, especially given how crucial they are early in the league to make good-enough weapons.

Make then unlock after a week or two and be Act 3 merc, any masters farmed in the meanwhile adds to the total xp ranking.
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
"
TheTenthDoc wrote:
"
Mivvi wrote:

Make then unlock after a week or two and be Act 3 merc, any masters farmed in the meanwhile adds to the total xp ranking.

If the ladder is supposed to have the slightest amount of legitimacy, then fuck no. The entire point of ladder leagues is that everybody begins on equal footing.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
thats not fun at all
I dont understand why they dont use the xp penalty system they already have for low level masters instead of giving you nothing. If you are lvl 28 doing a master in a lvl 28 zone you should get full xp. If you are lvl 68 doing a master in a lvl 28 zone you should get 2% or whatever it is. That way when I am making new characters instead of respecing (as ggg intended derp) I can get something for them instead of running right by.
I think there is no point in such a tedious lvl 8 cap, there will always be that one person who will do it, and then everyone will just pay some small price for master service (without really experiencing the power of highest lvl masters). I don't really see the point in that, it would be much better if it would be more accessible to everyone, or make it harder but more rewarding, because this is just annoying and simply put a time sink.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DaidelosGaming/featured
"
Like level 8 isn't really well a big deal maybe the Elreon thing which well is understandable but the ability to remove a mod should be like at fucking 6 not 8 -.-

The ability to remove a mod at level 7 instead of 8 would be awesome.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
I think it is by design, the progress is exponential - like all other aspects of the game such as leveling, items, etc'.
I never got a character above level 85, not going to get a master above level 7, 6L is level 7 - good enough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info