As a former game developer, I am appalled

It lends to the sense of nostalgia.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
adrislas wrote:
Stop freaking making stupid minor bug fixes and put top priority on this issue, god dammit !

You heard the former game developer. No more bug fixes until desync is fixed!
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Clearly "former" was caused by similar bad business decisions.
I'm sure it would have been fixed by now if it were feasible/possible. As such, your complaints are futile.
"
morbo wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
They made choices early in the design that made desync inevitable. You're asking them to remake their entire game. That's probably about $20,000,000 USD. Pony up.

If only there was a way to make sure that cash goes into fixing desync and not modeling taiwanese wildlife...

If you could come up with $20,000,000 for GGG, I'm sure you'd have some say over how it would be spent.
"
Toshis8 wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
They made choices early in the design that made desync inevitable. You're asking them to remake their entire game. That's probably about $20,000,000 USD. Pony up.

I know. GGG doesn't even give a hint that they are trying to do something about this problem. Are they doing anything about it at all? You know that pleasurous feeling when you invest a lot of time accumulating experience at high levels and desync takes everything away with "easy hand"?

edit:
If desync is going to stay here for a long time, atleast show us some mercy and reduce experience loss penalty

They already did reduce it. And it shouldn't/won't be reduced any further.
doesn't matter had sex
make your code public and players will fix the issue
At this point I don't think they even know how to fix the issue. I agree OP I have been following this game for years now, I too expected this issue to get fixed prior to final release.

People can make excuses all they want it still doesn't change the fact that this game has the worst sync problems of any game I've ever played. Also I used to play games on a 56K modem so that says alot. ;)

This game is just a placeholder because D3 sucked so bad, POE will last 1-2 more years tops. Once a big title ARPG comes along like Lineage Eternal or some other AAA Studio releases an ARPG with no horrible coding this player base will drop even more than it already has.

GGG needs to fix it for the game to last.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Last edited by lVlage on Oct 25, 2014, 2:35:32 PM
Desync seem to vary from location to location. For me in Greece, with every major patch, was getting worse. That's what kept me from buying a supporter pack even though i played alot, and i am talking about getting out of sync once every 10 secs -that bad. That's no hyperbole, and i have the best available connection in my country.

Anyway, for me the right thing to do is to stop development of PoE, and do PoE 2, with act4 being act1. Then they can adress all major balance issues, and of course deysnc.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info