As a former game developer, I am appalled

"
Acrovic wrote:

When this kind of stuff happens, the death of a game is bound to happen at some point, when the playerbase wakes up and moves to a better game.

True, but there is no better game in sight so we stick around :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Acrovic wrote:

When this kind of stuff happens, the death of a game is bound to happen at some point, when the playerbase wakes up and moves to a better game.

you mean there is no better freemium game :)
tell me one arpg with this amount of skill diversity, theory-crafting potential, online-based and which I haven't played yet, and I give you 1 ex on standard lel (I'm poor). Idc if it's freemium or not.
"
Xarxos wrote:
tell me one arpg with this amount of skill diversity, theory-crafting potential, online-based and which I haven't played yet, and I give you 1 ex on standard lel (I'm poor). Idc if it's freemium or not.

Theorycrafting potential means nothing when one builds are not viable for you due to desync, others - due to insane gear requirements.

You can play with diversity for a long time, but suddenly you realize that massive AoE is the only way to play PoE. Life leech (prefferably instant) is another.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
insane gear requirements are just a matter of time if you play standard. I'm neither a powertrader not a flipper. I don't have shav's, acuitys or a mjolner, but I have gear + currency on my characters and in stash which I could easily sell today for 150-200ex. At some point I'll have my shav's, acuitys or whatever item I need for the fun-looking new flavour of the month build I want to try out on a new character.

Sorry to hear that you found budget builds unviable. I played double totem with different setups, different summoners, different kind of melees and also most of the spellcaster archetypes that looked fun to me in the guide section. Non of them had crazy requirements, many of them didn't have leech. Yes, all of them had some kind of AOE but come on. It's a game where you kill packs of monsters, obv. you want AOE.

And I was always able to reach highest maps and have some fun there. Now that I've accumulated some currency I'm able to build some mid-budget builds (up to 30-50ex). e.g right now I'm into rangers where I rolled into physical first, now playing elemental with windripper and 4 auras. I've bought Voll's Protection 6L, so now I'm able to invest into some other melee critbuilds or CoC-builds when I get bored with my windripper ranger. After that I'll maybe go for shav's, don't know yet.

For me, the diversity is working. And more stuff gets added more or less regularly, so the meta shifts. Maybe there is not much OVERPOWERED-BETTER-THAN-EVERYTHING diversity at the top, but I've had my share of different builds over the period of time I've played this game. I can't think of many games which offered this to me.
"
fates_eye wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Acrovic wrote:

you mean there is no better freemium game :)

No, I mean there is no better game.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Can't wait for people to stop complaining about a basic networking issue present in every online video game ever to have existed and calculated things serverside in realtime.

You even has /oos. I seriously don't understand why you think PoE's desync is unusual.
Take help from "S2 Games"! the coding in their game "Heroes of Newerth" is beyond Blizzard quality.
"
whywhyhow wrote:
Take help from "S2 Games"! the coding in their game "Heroes of Newerth" is beyond Blizzard quality.

Not so sure it's an overly good idea, coding in HoN most likely resembles coding needed for PoE about as much as a duck resembles a bull - they're both farm animals. And the complexity of the problem roughly corresponds to the size of both animals, with HoN being a duck.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Ivory_vines wrote:
Can't wait for people to stop complaining about a basic networking issue present in every online video game ever to have existed and calculated things serverside in realtime.

You even has /oos. I seriously don't understand why you think PoE's desync is unusual.

Yeah, it's the basic issue for all games, but suddenly, almost all other games have this issue at (least) 10 times less level, than PoE.

It's a huge scale mismatch, bro, and GGG said nothing to explain it. The only reasonable explaination for me is that GGG made a broken engine for PoE, and released game to live when they should re-made engine a long before release, as most others developers do.

And yes, i know, GGG lacks experience, funds, developers, etc, etc, to remake engine. But it isnt what disturbs me most. What disturbs me most, is the fact that GGG continues their game development as if this issue NEVER WAS THERE. They made literally nothing for the game to reduce desync. They could reduce move/attack/cast speeds, they could remove clutter on the ground, they could remove or rework certain skills, they could widen doors, etc, etc. But nothing was done except stupid /oos command, which doesnt really help if you dont build around desync.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info