just beat Shock And Horror

I'd like to meet the GGG employee responsible for this boss fight.
ask him, did he really think this was a good idea?

the endless spawn that Storm-Herald your face off when you kill them, are "fair".
but what's even more "fair" was that auto-target laser. the one which always hits and melts you in seconds. pillars? didn't get to any. there were 4 of them, in completely opposite corners of the room. tiny ones. move one pixel out of place and you are toast.

the only reason I won - on my last portal - is the cheesiest of off-screen puncturing.
just mindlessly shooting, dodging storms, and hoping the thing dies. because each time I got into eye-contact with it, I got laser-melted.

this fight needs an overhaul.
it's ridiculous, and not in a good way.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Ah, another jonhKeys rip/almost-rip, another qq thread.

This fight is quite easy. You bring a topaz and you use the pillars. One does need to have a spacial awareness and stay CLOSE to pillars during the fight, so once she starts lasering you are not 'in completely opposite corners of the room', but very close to them.

Totems are annoying but with some movement from pillar to pillar they can be managed.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Oct 24, 2014, 10:42:24 AM
"
Odoakar wrote:
Ah, another jonhKeys rip/almost-rip, another qq thread.

This fight is quite easy. You bring a topaz and you use the pillars. One does need to have a spacial awareness and stay CLOSE to pillars during the fight, so once she starts lasering you are not 'in completely opposite corners of the room', but very close to them.

Totems are annoying but with some movement from pillar to pillar they can be managed.

Too complicated. Much easier to remove the boss from the game so JK can level in peace.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
I used to fear this fight like crasy. The problem is that you need get a grasp of the whole chamber topology to understand the mechanic. And you must NOT kill the totems. Once you know this, it's actually fairly easy.

With melee dagger and incinerator: don't kill anything except for the monsters near the entrance, wait near a pillar for the laser to come and hide behind (as said above), then rush the boss at melee range. She should be down in a few seconds.

With archer: run around her and puncture, that's all folks.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
this fight needs no overhaul. You learn and adapt and then it´s more than doable.

Also, in case you didn´t notice yet : after every laser beam there´s a 20 second cooldown before she shoots the next one. Just stay close to the pillars til the first beam, break it by running behind a pillar and then get in her face to take her down.

It´s amazing how you come up with these posts on an account that´s over 2 years old. Did it take you that long to reach level 72 maps ?
Hug pillars as if you're in a WoW arena and you're good. One of the better designed boss fights imo. If you can't hug pillars, L2P!
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Easiest boss of my life

Both MELEE and RANGE

LOL Hug a pillar that's it THAT'S ALL you have to do and pop a lightning flask when you take out a batch of annoying spawn

Oh oh.. wait JOHNKEYS ripped here what a surprise man this is old.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Oct 24, 2014, 2:26:44 PM
"
Easiest boss of my life

Both MELEE and RANGE

LOL Hug a pillar that's it THAT'S ALL you have to do and pop a lightning flask when you take out a batch of annoying spawn

Take this guy into Vaal temple the 79 map or give him a free atziri and see how he goes from there.
I love teddy bears.
"
Stygian_Doll wrote:
"
Easiest boss of my life

Both MELEE and RANGE

Take this guy into Vaal temple the 79 map or give him a free atziri and see how he goes from there.

Man if he dies to fucking shock and horror hes likely to die from blue mobs off Apex of sacrifice lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Oct 24, 2014, 2:31:31 PM
This fight is one that you can't help but die to the first time. Nowhere in the game does it tell you how the mechanic works.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info