Herald of Thunder

has the damage effectiveness of Herald of Thunder been changed, that is to say, can additional elemental support gems work better than before. I was under the impression damage effectiveness was at 40% or so, yet just recently looking at the skill gem ingame it would appear as this might not still be the same
"
desertrosedr wrote:
If I link a Curse On Hit to Herald Of Thunder, does it casts the curse every time I hit with a attack/spell that has its lightning damage increased by Herald Of Thunder, or does it only apply the curse on hits with its on-kill effect?

I see no one has answered your question yet, Vipermagi's snide response notwithstanding, so I will. Because the support gem is "curse on hit," it will only apply to the on-kill effect (the added damage is not a "hit").
Wash your hands, Exile!
I have another awesome looking character but unfortunately Herald of Thunder seems to be good choice, Which means I have these disruptive balls again. :( Please give us option to hide it.
Bug found when used with Romira's Banquet, it should give a power charge on non-critical hit. But it doesn't.

Lightning bolts should keep attack from the second you activate skill
[img]http://i.imgur.com/5Ena4Uv.jpg[/img]
[post]http://i.imgur.com/5Ena4Uv.jpg[/post]
[attach]http://i.imgur.com/5Ena4Uv.jpg[/attach]
FIX SIGNATURE IMAGING
"
Visca wrote:
Bug found when used with Romira's Banquet, it should give a power charge on non-critical hit. But it doesn't.

bump
Any chances to make Herald of Thunder, or any Herald of... skills don't show the graphic animation on the left hand (right if you're a Templar) when wielding a shield?

I ask this, because it looks kinda ugly to see the FX of these skills clipping through the shields...
The skill base damage is way too high. Since The Writhing Jar and Grand Spectrum introducing things just went out of control.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
I do not understand fully, which damage increases affect HoT's added Lightning damage (the passive damage, not the thunderbolts on kill).

The wiki says:

"Elemental Damage: Elemental and lightning damage modifiers affect both the on-hit and on-kill effects of Herald of Thunder. Added damage from support gems such as Added Cold Damage Support and Added Chaos Damage Support only applies to Herald of Thunder's on-kill effect.
Casting and Spell Interactions: Because Herald of Thunder is a cast and not a spell it is not directly affected by items, support gems or passive skills which specifically modify spells. However, such spell modifiers will affect Herald of Thunder's added on-hit damage if the skill that damage is added to is a spell. Being a cast, Herald of Thunder benefits from items, support gems and passive skills which modify cast (e.g. faster casting). Faster casting increases the cast speed of the Herald of Thunder buff itself, but does not affect any other aspect of the skill."

Is it correct that the passive damage is increased by

- %Lightning damage
- %Elemental damage

- %Spell damage if added to a spell
- %Area damage if added to an aoe skill
- %Projectile damage if added to a projectile skill
- %Attack damage if added to an attack skill
- %Melee damage. if added to a melee skill

Edit: I assume Traps do not benefit from HoT or the damage boosting Auras (Wrath, Hatred, Anger), right?
Last edited by Denneval on Dec 26, 2016, 6:09:15 PM
"
Denneval wrote:
Is it correct that the passive damage is increased by
- %Lightning damage
- %Elemental damage
- %Spell damage if added to a spell
- %Area damage if added to an aoe skill
- %Projectile damage if added to a projectile skill
- %Attack damage if added to an attack skill
- %Melee damage. if added to a melee skill

Correct. It simply adds to the base Damage of your Attacks/Spells, and is scaled as any other Damage would be :)

"
Denneval wrote:
Edit: I assume Traps do not benefit from HoT or the damage boosting Auras (Wrath, Hatred, Anger), right?

Traps, Mines and Totems use your offensive stats. As long as you are affected by a +Damage modifier (Aura, gear, passive, Jewel, whatever), your proxies benefit from it.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 26, 2016, 8:00:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info