1.2.4 Patch Notes

"
If so, why the "plates of shit" parallel? And why even suggest basically blackmailing devs into doing what you want? I agree with your point, I just disagree with the means to reach it you have suggested here. As far as I have seen (not much, I admit), the community here is quite decent, which is a rare sight in online games. So try to keep it that way.

EDIT: I am just saying that there are less radical ways to let them know that you are upset. But on the other hand, I don't know much about what was happening since open beta until recently.

Ok so lets see where this goes:

1. Have you played Atziri yet?
If not it's an extremely fun map known as "Apex of Sacrifice". A player farms 4 Fragments of a "Sacrifice map" Dawn/Noon/Dusk/Midnight, Midnight being the rarest of the 4 pieces. This does take a considerable amount of time to farm up enough sacrifice fragments for a few Atziri runs. Being as how Corrupted Zones are not yet in maps, high level players (sometimes lvl 100) must farm for these fragments in lower level zones (lvl 100 farming in a lvl 60 zone probably feels like an insult). Most of the community, not just myself, is upset that every method for farming these fragments (in much lower level zones) is being removed from the game entirely. Lvl 100 is not something you can just "do over the weekend cause you're bored", lvl 100 (in my opinion) is a chore and should be respected by GGG and not insulted by being forced to farm for hours on end in low level zones.

2. How do you brush your teeth? Up to down, side to side?
The reason I ask is because each person has different ways of approaching things (I'm sure you already knew that part), my way of approaching this is with frustration (I'm sure you knew that too).

3. Do you want to be lvl 100 farming for maps in act 3 merciless again?
Because that's exactly what people are doing right now, lvl 90-100 grinding act 3 merciless for Sacrifice Fragments.

I don't mind getting Concordokkened and that doesn't make me a nasty or mean person.
never mind
I will rip the eyes from your head with glee
Last edited by StrangeObject on Dec 28, 2014, 5:29:04 AM
"
Improved the generation of corrupted side areas in the Archives area.

It's ok that you "removed" (yeah, there's a typo in logs) corrupted areas in the Archives because you've fixed an issue with desyncs and you're ready to add a new act to the game... oh wait, you're not.
In exchange you've made Atziri unplayable due to lack of corruped areas thus lack of sacrifices.
My bet is they are implementing something to solve this in Act 4, and rather than duct tape what's in place now and waste time creating a temporary fix (such as recoding maps to have corrupted zones) they'll have a completely new and challenging way to obtain the sacrifice pieces. I'm also guessing they'll introduce a completely new set with Act 4.

With that in mind, I do believe Act 4 will open the door for more options to obtain maps, sacrifice pieces, and maybe even new maps that will exceed the current map level cap - considering we'll have new zones to play around with in Act 4.

As it is, while they're creating the new content, they need to keep current content balanced along with it, even if we don't see their production until it's released.
New skin of Glowing Embers decoration is suck. I spend a lot of favour points to own them, and now beautiful decoration was complitly destroyed ((( Return the previous skin pls.
Any Infos about the Uniques?
ING: Pan_Samolodzik
"
annacloud9 wrote:
My bet is they are implementing something to solve this in Act 4, and rather than duct tape what's in place now and waste time creating a temporary fix (such as recoding maps to have corrupted zones) they'll have a completely new and challenging way to obtain the sacrifice pieces. I'm also guessing they'll introduce a completely new set with Act 4.

With that in mind, I do believe Act 4 will open the door for more options to obtain maps, sacrifice pieces, and maybe even new maps that will exceed the current map level cap - considering we'll have new zones to play around with in Act 4.

As it is, while they're creating the new content, they need to keep current content balanced along with it, even if we don't see their production until it's released.

If this were the case, it would have been more prudent to:

1) Mention this at the beginning
2) Wait until Act 4 was out to patch up Vaal Areas

Overall GGG has made alot of changes that balance the game from the top down which is something that most successful online games are learning to stay away from. GGG will never beat the players who are driven to break the game down to its finer points. And in all honestly it shouldn't be GGG's role to try to beat their players to begin with. Work with the players, find out the things the players consider fun, expand on those.

In essence, it doesn't feel like there are many GGG actually playing this game firsthand to understand our various criticisms about what's going on currently. The 1 divine to 2 ex issue was flat-out ignored by GGG which is fairly shocking - previously they were far more open to reason. We need more GGG who are actually playing the game, no access to any fancy testing gear or free things - just straight up players who can understand what's going on. Many online games tend to select groups of players to get feedback from and cycle these groups every so often so they get a wide range of feedback that they can directly relate to without sifting through the noise of the forums.
Last edited by I_AM_THE_LIQUOR on Oct 23, 2014, 4:23:25 PM
"
StrangeObject wrote:

My biggest gripe is that when Forsaken Masters came out, they basically removed corrupted zones from the game. The chance encounter is extremely low. I've seen maybe 5 since the expansion, whereas I used to find 5 in a day, if I played all day. They were a bright spot in the dullness of whatever it is you're doing in a non-map as a high level - farming, testing, leveling new gems, looking for recipe ingredients, whatever.

I have seem people saying they have only seen a hand full of corrupted zones since masters came out. I on the other hand, decided to do a run through A3 Merciless, from Normal to end of cruel, and before I got bored, I got 1x midnight, 4x normal apex pieces and a scattering of usual currency (Jews, alchs etc), so the zones are there.....

My guild wanted to know if I was running Archives to get that, and was surprised to know it was normal area running. (One member says he used to farm Ebony, but hasnt seen a zone since 1.2.4 patch).

I dont know, but I am seeing a better run of zones personally.
"
Improved the generation of corrupted side areas in the Archives area.

What does this mean?
i farmed the archives for corrupted areas a few hours in the last 2-4 days and i found at least ~5 areas in 1h. now i found 1 in ~5h. (i cant say if im just unlucky after 1 day, but its strange directly after the patch)

its not wanted to farm those areas there? oder what did "improve" in the generation?

i dont know, maybe i miss some information^^

Mia :)

to everyone saying archives was an exploit:

yes it was an exploit but u HAVE to use one in this game if ur not super rich and can buy a never ending supply of midnights...

the name is grinding gear games yet i see no way of grinding...

opening a new instance over and over looking at load times (which can spawn area OR master now so even that got kinda halfed in effectiveness) is an exploit too i guess so ud just run an instance over and over to get like 1 area every 20 runs and then get a 1% chance to drop a midnight...

if i have an area that 100% has a corrupted zone in it no matter how fucking hard it is even if every mob is atziri and i then have a 1% chance to get a midnight fragment in the certain corrupted area and i can run said zone over and over... THATS grinding to me

the way it is now it would be like clearing 20 minutes of trash mobs in a wow instance for example just to realize that the bosses arent spawned --> go outside --> reset --> repeat --> after 20 tries u get a spawned boss --> kill it --> didnt roll the 1% chance for ur item --> repeat the 400 minute ordeal

that is not grinding that is more like a factory job mindlessly doing the same shit over and over for 12 hours a day not getting anywhere...

and its not even that but maps are pure chance too (better have an mf culler as friend) i cannot get above lvl 71 maps after 700 hours of playing even if i only run pack/magic with a 6 man grp

uniques are random so u cant bank on that 1% soul taker chance but rather the 1% chance to roll 1 unique out of 200 or smth

at least enable us to grind the instance where we wont get the drop we need anyway instead of forcing us to "grind" for the instance that we'll never get that wouldnt drop the item that we need anyway...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info