Where does the exalts in economy come from?

Most high lvl players have 1-2 stacks of exalts in their stash, and some of them even used some exalts taking them out of game economy. But average exalt drop rate per player is so much below that number.

Considering there are some tycoons with full stash with stacks of exalts, and have blowed hundreds on crafting GG gear..

Where does all that exalts come from? Is there an unknown recipe that select few are using to generate them?
when you break into the high end maps, and start getting tons of Chaos recipe rares, you end up buying everyones exalts. Take into consideration the average player gets an exalt every 2-3 weeks at best when hitting end game, some more some less, and you have well over 100k players in the game, there will be a decent number of exalts to use. Especially since most lower grade mid tier uniques for for 20-30c instead of exalts.

You need chaos to buy uniques, not exalts, only top of the line uniques go for pure ex. Buying doryani belts? all c. Buying rats nest, lioneyes, kaoms primacy, etc? Most of the decent build enabling uniques are chaos range, not exalts, so people are willing to sell their ex for c to buy since most traders dont want to have to haggle over what an ex is worth and give change.
'It is good to contact a moderator if you feel someone is being a twat' Charan, Forum Moderator

Sometimes, we have to cross a ditch.
Sometimes, we have to cross an ocean.-Rhys, GGG
Last edited by Zalm on Oct 20, 2014, 9:24:54 PM
lol op is new :x
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Past lvl 70 my experience is the opposite. Chaos is not even considered as currency by sellers, every trade is based on pure exalts. And pre 70 I dropped only 2 exalts on one char, none on the other. And what I heard from others about exalt drop rates are pretty inline with that.

So comparing what I contributed to exalt market, and what I am taking out (or rather sitting on in my stash) I am absolutely taking out of the economy a few times of what I put in. Considering this is true for most people I met in game, there must be some unknown exalt supply.
white roas drop them.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
I'm one of those people that buy your ex for chaos. Not everyone plays like you and not everyone plays like me. There are some people that once they hit 70, they pretty much just make a new char and start over, since leveling becomes much more difficult, time consuming and painful to complete. So they make a new build, get it to map level, enjoy it for a bit, then move on to another build, all the time, looking for that perfect build that can rekk maps with little trouble, then they stick to that build and try to save up ex for its end game gear.

Some people only make a few builds in total, and just keep playing those builds in an attempt to max it at like 95. People like that usually end up seeing alot more chaos drops to sell to ex dropped players who dont want to cash a whole ex and argue with others about price of an ex when they go to buy their maligaros gloves. Because they usually dont get to see many chaos drop, they dont have the ability to buy a 20-30c item, but they might get lucky and see an ex they can drop for some chaos so they can buy their items.
'It is good to contact a moderator if you feel someone is being a twat' Charan, Forum Moderator

Sometimes, we have to cross a ditch.
Sometimes, we have to cross an ocean.-Rhys, GGG
Last edited by Zalm on Oct 20, 2014, 9:42:45 PM
Its definitely not all the bots that they do a piss poor job of catching.
"just for try, for see and for know"
If you see a rainbow and follow it til you get to one side..
"
Zalm wrote:
when you break into the high end maps, and start getting tons of Chaos recipe rares, you end up buying everyones exalts. Take into consideration the average player gets an exalt every 2-3 weeks at best when hitting end game, some more some less, and you have well over 100k players in the game, there will be a decent number of exalts to use. Especially since most lower grade mid tier uniques for for 20-30c instead of exalts.

You need chaos to buy uniques, not exalts, only top of the line uniques go for pure ex. Buying doryani belts? all c. Buying rats nest, lioneyes, kaoms primacy, etc? Most of the decent build enabling uniques are chaos range, not exalts, so people are willing to sell their ex for c to buy since most traders dont want to have to haggle over what an ex is worth and give change.

lol I must not be an average player. In 1600 hours of gameplay I have had 3 exalts and 1 Eternal drop. Have leveled 17 characters to atleast 80 and countless more to atleast 70.
Me.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info