Where does the exalts in economy come from?

If there is a hidden recipe for exalt, of course I dont expect it to be revealed by people that know it; but apart from bot theory, a recipe that is used by few is the only reasonable explanation to me.

People may claim all they want that exalt drops are high. If you played that much that league I am pretty certain amount of exalts in your stash/used is much higher than the number you found personally.

Also I call this "people need chaos, they sell exalts for it" thing a BS. There is a reliable and easy farm method for chaos, where as exalt is pure luck and odds are damn so slim.

If there is a recipe I hope it gets data mined, if it is the bots.. well what can you do, hope they get banned faster.
Last edited by symban on Oct 21, 2014, 3:34:04 AM
I've gotten 9-10 Exalts this league and 3-4 Divines. Compared to 0/0 in Domination and 0/0 in Ambush. It's funny how the game is more fun to play when you actually get some good drops. I've quit both Domination and Ambush after a few weeks.
"
Boem wrote:

I put them in my stash to attract the dust. They don't serve another purpose really.

Peace,

-Boem-

Map mods :)
"
_Elminister_ wrote:
Compared to 0/0 in Domination and 0/0 in Ambush.. .. I've quit both Domination and Ambush after a few weeks...

2+2=4?
"
Antigegner wrote:
- 2 years 3 exa for me

- standard was flooded with bot generated currency.

rip standard

"
I've gotten 9-10 Exalts this league and 3-4 Divines. Compared to 0/0 in Domination and 0/0 in Ambush. It's funny how the game is more fun to play when you actually get some good drops. I've quit both Domination and Ambush after a few weeks.

:( rng is weird i just started in ambush got 11 there..this season 1.

1 or 20 a season tho makes no differnce compared to hackers aand bots generation. one video showed a guy getting 50 a DAY from anarchists boxes before mod took it down
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 21, 2014, 5:11:49 AM
Since nobody actually uses the exalts, if 100k players in a ladder all found 1 exalts apiece you would have 100k exalts. Which would be a an extremely high amount, it's all within context.

If it takes 1-2k exalts to craft a perfect godly weapon/item, and we use the scale like above that (everyone trades up usually until the richest people accumulate to make an item). That would mean dozens of "perfect bis" weapons/Armour would be crafted within a season.

The exalts that you traded from someone else, could had existed since the dawn of OB never used and still traded.

If we changed it to an "average player" gets 1 exalt drop a month, within 1 year there would be 1.2 million exalts within the game.

What the hell would the general population do with 1.2 million exalts? Anything else less then perfect or good would be worthless.

Exalts/Mirrors/Eternal orbs are a mistake in any long term league, they should only exist in ladder (with much buffed drop rates) and removed from the game when your character transferred into standard.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 21, 2014, 6:01:29 AM
"
symban wrote:
Where does all that exalts come from?

Whether recently found or traded for, all exalted orbs have the same origin. The Balladeer relates this tale that he claims to have found in Anuncia's Journal of Dreams:

Long before Kitava was ever old enough to scowl, the Elder Beings quarreled and bickered over which aspects of reality they should control. In the times before recorded time, Mithena, patroness of the hunt - She who had dominion over jealousy and retribution was arguing with her brother Ranumgen - He whose right hand embodied chaos and his left hand order.

Mithena's delicate hand swept out to indicate four amorphous golden things that undulated from one shape to another like blobs of quicksilver, "Have you seen my latest work, the Amal?"

Ranumgen nodded in approval. "Inchoate," he held up the hand of swirling green and violet cloud. "And yet finite," he held up the hand of purest diamond. "You have done well sister."

Both of Mithena's heads smiled. "I skimmed the glittering sunshine off ocean waves and smelted the residue with the fire of my own passion," her left head said. "I intend to mold a race of golden beings who will be the pinnacle of all that worship us," her right head explained.

Ranumgen shook his head. It disturbed him that immortal beings should concern themselves with the thoughts of lesser things. Ranumgen's two rows of spider like eyes betrayed no emotions, but the great spirals of his ibix like horns seemed to uncurl a bit. "I notice that your Amal do not move randomly, but to east and west, and to north and south." Purple tendrils of lighting began to arc about Ranumgen. "Where are my zephryn and my sinistrals?" Ranumgen looked at his sister as if he already knew. "What have you done with Septenrion and Gerontogeon?"

"Your winds were never more than playthings," Mithena right head began, "You can't possibly say that you will even notice they are gone," the left head finished. "There, you see," Mithena's right head nodded, as the four golden blobs began to rise up and take the shapes of mortal men and women. Mithena pointed to the faces emerging from the liquid gold, and her left head spoke, "Look at the perfection that is forming. These Amal will be praised above all other mortals, and each will have a gifted ability that they can bequest to their followers."

"Those winds were not just for amusement, my petty little sibling." Ranumgen brought his fists together and arcs of current spiraled out from them like a tornado made of lightning bolts. "Those four winds were responsible for maintaining balance in this world, and you have crippled them."

"Tut, they are not wounded, but in a more exalted form."

"Exalted? I will exalt them. I shall raise them up so high that their dazzling works of wonder will be seen by all,"

"And just what do you intend," Mithena snarled back.

"Only this," Ranumgen waved his fists outward and the vortex of lightning spun out toward the Amal. A moment later and the spinning lightning storm contracted. The four Amal tried to shriek, but the fierce tornado drowned out their voices as it lifted them high off the ground. Their arms and legs began to melt and droop as the funnel cloud of lightning grew towards the sky and carried them with it.

"Stop, " Mithena's right head pleaded "Please!," her left head cried. "Name your price, but do not eliminate them. If nothing else, they have some of my essence," Mithena wailed. She tried not to think of Elyse's pouting lips, of Jasmina's darting tongue. She tried not to let Ajaxis' rippling muscles or Maximillion's rugged jaw fill her mind. She tried not to think about the endless summers they had spent on sun drenched islands exploring flesh and soul.

The purple vortex of lightning grew tighter and hotter and soon all that could be determined were the four faces of the Amal whirling about each other.

Please I beg you," Mithena dropped to her knees and tears cascaded from all four of her eyes.

"Very well then," Ranumgen let the spinning storm dissipate, and the four faces of the Amal rose and fell from the molten puddle of gold as they struggled to retake their form.

Mithena's tears rolled across the floor like tiny crystalline orbs. When these orbs met the molten puddle of Amals, the blob shattered into a million golden spheres. Each had the four faces, but after a few minutes the faces stopped moving and were still.

Ranumgen picked one up and handed it to his sister. "The next time you wish to gift something mortal with the false hope of higher power, you need only use one of these."

Mithena took the orb and shuddered at the ghastly faces frozen in the gleaming metal. "And what will it do?"

"That depends on the whim of the zephyrn trapped inside," Ranumgen replied with a twisted smile. "The mortals will indeed praise these orbs as exalted above all others, yet they will ever curse the fabric of the universe when their desires are thwarted time and time again by my pets."

Ranumgen turned and walked towards himself, growing smaller and larger until the eye could see him no more and he vanished.

Mithena held up one of the orbs and looked at the faces. Each had been her lover for as long as she could remember. She held the orb and tried to recall their names. She could not. They had willingly sacrificed themselves while in their moment of greatest esctasy with her. Or had she drowned them when her own passions inflamed her?

"What have I done?" she sobbed. She could only remember how the taste of their lips became bitter when their devotion and surrender was rewarded by betrayal. She looked at the four faces on the orb again. Anguish and the exultation were both there. Both simultaneously frozen in their features.

She smiled. Her brother was correct of course. Mortals should be glad with whatever scraps they received. They certainly didn't have a right to hope for improvement of their lot in life. Mortal hope should only be granted after the most exhausting of efforts to please the Elder Beings, and even then only upon Ranumgen's fickle whim.

She let the orb fall to the ground and roll away. Whoever they had been, they were not worth any further effort. By tomorrow, she would not even remember that they existed. Mithena stretched her arms wide and sang in joy. Ranumgen was right to bring them all here. This plane offered so much more freedom than any they had ever known before.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Oct 21, 2014, 6:13:50 AM
I've had 8 exalts drop in rampage so far.
"
DalaiLama wrote:
Mortal hope should only be granted after the most exhausting of efforts to please the Elder Beings

It is known
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Oct 21, 2014, 7:01:26 AM
"
Antnee wrote:
Me.

^Him^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info