i have a hard time getting maps to drop

"
kompaniet wrote:
Thx for the tips guys. I may be the victim of a long dry streak. Little map drops and no sign of the map boxes.

Might buy some maps and see where it leads me. In order to afford buying maps i need to host map runs. Don't like doing that so much though. Prefer solo mapping.

I'm leveling a new char this league, just to test some stuff. Started mapping at 68-70 with low (66-69) maps and started building a decent 70 map pool. Then I started running them, went up to level 75 maps. Started running all top maps and hit a large dry streak in which I basically went back to farm several 71-72 maps just to recover. Today I'm sitting on a couple of 75 and some 77-78. Mind you, all this happened while leveling from 68 to 85.

There are good streaks, and bad streaks. Also, 71/72 are not expensive. Farm Piety/Dom, each time you go back you will have a MINIMUM (selling all rares, picking up 0 currency) of 4-5 alts, and in current rampage league that's nearly half chaos (10-12 : 1).

Having a decently geared/built character helps in all this process of course.

Edit/Add: Just in case, you can if you organize your stash properly just do chaos recipes with Dom drops. I just prefer the fast alt way, I'm probably losing potential currency this way, but I prefer to id+sell+run again.

"
Arthikas wrote:
It isn't just "dry streaks", but a consistent lowering of total map drops I've noticed in the 80s as compared to high-60s through 70s. And it's not from spending less time in those lower levels. The other night I ran 6 or 8 maps, I lost count. Not a single map dropped. Nothing close to that ever happened at below 80-81. "Coincidence"? A mere "dry spell"? I think not.

But do continue with the propaganda. Perhaps if you repeat a falsehood or fallacy long enough some people will believe it.

Yesterday I did 8 maps with 0 map drops.
Today I did 10 maps and not only recovered but also got extra maps of above levels.
All this done 80+ . Also got a very dry streak during 77-80.

You're telling others about faux "statistics knowledge" but you seem to lack ANY understanding of RNG , %s , chances or whatever you want to call them. You CAN and WILL do 8 maps with 0 drops and 8 maps with LOTS of drops. It's such a small number that's it's like tossing a coin and saying that the % is 100% or that the coin has only HEADS, just because of "that one toss"
Last edited by daemmon on Oct 29, 2014, 1:10:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info