i have a hard time getting maps to drop

It's simple:

If you believe in map god, they will drop!

Honor your map god and all will be good.
Here is my method. I'm a solo player and I dont always run out of maps, and RNG Jesus is my enemy.

Till lvl 80: no high level maps, max lvl 72, meanwhile I trade and gear up -> lvl 80-86 doing lvl 70-75 maps -> lvl 86, buy high level maps (77,78) -> run them, till I run out (meanwhile some currency or some items drop, at the same time I'm leveling gems to 20q them and sell) -> do some lvl 73-76 maps that dropped from 77-78 I usually only alc these maps, sometimes throw 1 chaos -> buy 77-78 maps.
Circle is complete.

here's my high lvl maps, currently I'm runnig out but I have saved some currency to buy new ones. I always chisel them:
"
Antnee wrote:
"
Arthikas wrote:
The rates are completely related to your char level from what I've seen. Why then do drop rates plummet after you hit 80-81, and the real wall hits around 85-87 where many people give up on a toon they've tweaked and perfected for countless hours already? Grinding months to get a single 74 map drop? That sounds fun.

*Rolls up newspaper*

SMACK!!!

NO! BAD!

Map drop rates are not affected by the following:

IIQ/IIR on your gear
The amount of people in your party
The position of Neptune relative to Venus
Your char level
What you ate for lunch that day
ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE MAP IIQ

For fucks sake, why is this so hard to accept?

I enjoyed your rant, do you have a newsletter I could subscribe to for more entertaining content?
(1.2)Puncture/Ice Shot duelist - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1078942
(2.0)The Party Crasher - Hardcore viable Ice Crash Duelist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1335704
I don't care about high level maps this league and I have a stash full of them lying around from all the master grinding in low level maps
Me too OP. Until i got lucky and found catagraphers SB. Found 3 of them last week and now have 16 78 maps.

What I do in dry spells (happened all the time) is buy them. Many people sell them on the main party board in merciless.

This game sucks in that u must trade to play, on maps at least, but nothings perfect.

Trade corrects poor RNG until you can recover the other way like I did. Use it.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 22, 2014, 7:05:50 PM
"
Antnee wrote:
"
Arthikas wrote:
The rates are completely related to your char level from what I've seen. Why then do drop rates plummet after you hit 80-81, and the real wall hits around 85-87 where many people give up on a toon they've tweaked and perfected for countless hours already? Grinding months to get a single 74 map drop? That sounds fun.

*Rolls up newspaper*

SMACK!!!

NO! BAD!

Map drop rates are not affected by the following:

IIQ/IIR on your gear
The amount of people in your party
The position of Neptune relative to Venus
Your char level
What you ate for lunch that day
ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE MAP IIQ

For fucks sake, why is this so hard to accept?

For fuck's sake, Einstein, maybe in your not so infinite wisdom you can explain why my drop rates (and everyone else in the game I know) plummet after 80'ish. Try to leave the condescending humor schtick and fanboyism out this time.
"
Arthikas wrote:

For fuck's sake, Einstein, maybe in your not so infinite wisdom you can explain why my drop rates (and everyone else in the game I know) plummet after 80'ish. Try to leave the condescending humor schtick and fanboyism out this time.

Did you seriously just use Einstein as an insult, to point out how right you are for adhering to superstition???

My frustration stems from the fact that so many people just can't accept that map IIQ is the only factor that needs to be taken into consideration. It's not just you, its hordes of people. It's maddening.

Oh, but you wanted an explanation. Explanation: dry streaks happen, and since you are more likely to be spending time in maps during your 80's, you are also more likely to associate dry streaks with being in your 80's.

A dry streak during your 70's isn't going to last long, because you being in the 70's isn't going to last long. I hope that makes sense to you.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
Did you seriously just use Einstein as an insult, to point out how right you are for adhering to superstition???

My frustration stems from the fact that so many people just can't accept that map IIQ is the only factor that needs to be taken into consideration. It's not just you, its hordes of people. It's maddening.

Oh, but you wanted an explanation. Explanation: dry streaks happen, and since you are more likely to be spending time in maps during your 80's, you are also more likely to associate dry streaks with being in your 80's.

A dry streak during your 70's isn't going to last long, because you being in the 70's isn't going to last long. I hope that makes sense to you.

It's not going to make sense to him, because despite the explanations put forth by others, he chooses to subscribe to confirmation bias as proof that he is correct.

"
Antnee wrote:
It's not just you, its hordes of people. It's maddening.
This in particular is why he feels so righteous about it, since if "enough people say so (even if they just so happen to be the vocal minority in the grand scheme of things) then it must be real."

Can't win using logic, because it's either they see it or they don't. He's choosing not to see it, so it won't make sense to him.
Last edited by consca on Oct 23, 2014, 11:14:52 PM
chisels and luck. Luck can't be quantified....it's almost like things in this game are completely random and driven by a deranged lord of RNG.

Either you are lucky and maps drop or you aren't.

I've been on both sides of this one and when I'm having an unlucky streak it sucks balls big time and it doesn't seem to matter what you do to your maps. So..... go buy a few maps, problem solved. When I'm on a lucky streak and maps are raining down from the skies I stash about 20 of them and sell the rest.

Ebb meet flow.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
Thx for the tips guys. I may be the victim of a long dry streak. Little map drops and no sign of the map boxes.

Might buy some maps and see where it leads me. In order to afford buying maps i need to host map runs. Don't like doing that so much though. Prefer solo mapping.
Last edited by kompaniet on Oct 24, 2014, 1:47:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info