i have a hard time getting maps to drop

"
Antnee wrote:
"
Arthikas wrote:

For fuck's sake, Einstein, maybe in your not so infinite wisdom you can explain why my drop rates (and everyone else in the game I know) plummet after 80'ish. Try to leave the condescending humor schtick and fanboyism out this time.

Did you seriously just use Einstein as an insult, to point out how right you are for adhering to superstition???

My frustration stems from the fact that so many people just can't accept that map IIQ is the only factor that needs to be taken into consideration. It's not just you, its hordes of people. It's maddening.

Oh, but you wanted an explanation. Explanation: dry streaks happen, and since you are more likely to be spending time in maps during your 80's, you are also more likely to associate dry streaks with being in your 80's.

A dry streak during your 70's isn't going to last long, because you being in the 70's isn't going to last long. I hope that makes sense to you.

Just wait untill he hits 91-92 , I suspect quick uninstall .
R.I.P 4.B.
"
Antnee wrote:
Explanation: dry streaks happen, and since you are more likely to be spending time in maps during your 80's, you are also more likely to associate dry streaks with being in your 80's.

A dry streak during your 70's isn't going to last long, because you being in the 70's isn't going to last long. I hope that makes sense to you.

It isn't just "dry streaks", but a consistent lowering of total map drops I've noticed in the 80s as compared to high-60s through 70s. And it's not from spending less time in those lower levels. The other night I ran 6 or 8 maps, I lost count. Not a single map dropped. Nothing close to that ever happened at below 80-81. "Coincidence"? A mere "dry spell"? I think not.

But do continue with the propaganda. Perhaps if you repeat a falsehood or fallacy long enough some people will believe it.
Last edited by Arthikas on Oct 27, 2014, 3:06:15 AM
"
Arthikas wrote:
But do continue with the propaganda. Perhaps if you repeat a falsehood or fallacy long enough some people will believe it.

Yeah, you do just that. Irony at its best.
I had a good bit of luck, got up to like 20 or so 74/75 maps. I saved them for awhile dicking around in 72/73 maps. Today I ran them all back to back in a marathon and all 20 dropped 66-69 maps. It was shocking to say the least. I've gotten more 74 map drops in 72 maps than in 74+ maps. Map dropping is so inconsistent and rather infuriating. Isn't it such a great feeling to clear 3 80% iiq necropolis in a row and have a promenade and a grotto to show for it? -.-
Last edited by Astealoth on Oct 27, 2014, 6:31:07 AM
"
consca wrote:
"
Arthikas wrote:

Yeah, you do just that. Irony at its best.

Of course! We are to believe the GGG propagandists/fanboys, not our own lying eyes.
"
Arthikas wrote:

It isn't just "dry streaks", but a consistent lowering of total map drops I've noticed in the 80s as compared to high-60s through 70s. And it's not from spending less time in those lower levels. The other night I ran 6 or 8 maps, I lost count. Not a single map dropped. Nothing close to that ever happened at below 80-81. "Coincidence"? A mere "dry spell"? I think not.

You can't 'notice' statistical trends. Don't be dumb. 6 or 8 maps is nothing. Sit down and catalogue 500 maps and what drops you get from them. 6 maps may as well be 1; making observations about a sample size that low is pointless.

You need 30-40 maps of a particular level, sometimes more, to protect yourself from streaks of bad luck.
@UnfairMonopoly
"
ZiggySobotka wrote:
You can't 'notice' statistical trends. Don't be dumb. 6 or 8 maps is nothing. Sit down and catalogue 500 maps and what drops you get from them. 6 maps may as well be 1; making observations about a sample size that low is pointless.

You need 30-40 maps of a particular level, sometimes more, to protect yourself from streaks of bad luck.
It is close to impossible to explain statistics to people who do not wish to see it.
Sure, let's use faux knowledge of "statistics" as a convenient excuse. Actually, a sample size of at least 1200 or so would be needed to be considered statistically significant. But no one needs that many to see what's blatantly obvious in this game, so have fun running 30-40 or 500 low-level maps to get a very few decent level ones.

"
kompaniet wrote:

anyone else struggling?

yes. never thought i would actually get to the point in this game where the shitty map drops would be the most annoying thing about it.

the game is effectively done for most of my toons at about 87/88.

"
Arthikas wrote:
Sure, let's use faux knowledge of "statistics" as a convenient excuse. Actually, a sample size of at least 1200 or so would be needed to be considered statistically significant. But no one needs that many to see what's blatantly obvious in this game, so have fun running 30-40 or 500 low-level maps to get a very few decent level ones.

Go ahead and use your faux "blatantly obvious in this game" argument, while I have fun running my 77s and 78s.

Seeya!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info