When will MoltenStrike | Tornado Shot will be nerfed?

"
The most important thing that needs to be nerfed is desync. It could kill this game alone. This is the most stupidest design decision I've seen in a game, by far.

Spoiler
most stupidest
Spoiler
most stupidest
Spoiler
most stupidest
Spoiler
most stupidest
Spoiler
most stupidest
Spoiler
most stupidest
Spoiler
most stupidest
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
molten strike is def not OP as it stands but tornado shot is just insane. I didn't believe my friends telling me how OP it was until I actually tried the damn thing.
"
VixTrader wrote:
Although it's fun to play, Tornado shot is far worse than Split Arrow so I have no idea why you'd think it would get nerfed.

Link Tornado Shot to GMP (or LMP at least), and say that again!
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I guess someone finally figured out crit builds do a lot of damage.
"
Antnee wrote:
"
The most important thing that needs to be nerfed is desync. It could kill this game alone. This is the most stupidest design decision I've seen in a game, by far.

Spoiler
most stupidest
Spoiler
most stupidest
Spoiler
most stupidest
Spoiler
most stupidest
Spoiler
most stupidest
Spoiler
most stupidest
Spoiler
most stupidest
Not everyone around here speak english natively ;)
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
Nubatron wrote:
I'll admit, there is one thing with molten strike that needs to be nerfed. The damn sound effect.

That's the real issue here!
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
fact is something will always be at the top. nothing will ever be 100% even and fair and equal. so when one thing rises to the top because of other uniques or mechanics being introduced into the game, or just clever manipulation of features etc, then people demand its OP and needs a nerf.

now, i haven't used tornado shot much so i can't really say how it compares to other things, but this isn't about tornado shot, its about any skill which is currently sitting at the top of the ladder.
cyclone, spectral throw, tornado shot, whatever.

so when tornado shot is nerfed into the ground and players adapt and make another amazing build using clever mechanics with another skill gem, then THAT skill gem will become the flavour of the month, and thus be deemed OP and demand a nerf etc. there really is no end to it. we could keep bumping this thread every 2 months and change the title to whichever the new gem is each time.
"
xMustard wrote:
fact is something will always be at the top. nothing will ever be 100% even and fair and equal. so when one thing rises to the top because of other uniques or mechanics being introduced into the game, or just clever manipulation of features etc, then people demand its OP and needs a nerf.

now, i haven't used tornado shot much so i can't really say how it compares to other things, but this isn't about tornado shot, its about any skill which is currently sitting at the top of the ladder.
cyclone, spectral throw, tornado shot, whatever.

so when tornado shot is nerfed into the ground and players adapt and make another amazing build using clever mechanics with another skill gem, then THAT skill gem will become the flavour of the month, and thus be deemed OP and demand a nerf etc. there really is no end to it. we could keep bumping this thread every 2 months and change the title to whichever the new gem is each time.

there is a difference between being clever and using 'clever mechanics' and being a monkey and using a tornado shot. TS is so strong that it works regardless of skill and 'mechanics'. skill that can shotgun and is as good vs groups and vs single using ONE LINK SETUP is not 'clever'. it is OP

fun stuff, noone claims that burning arrow requires a nerf, havent seen 'heavy strike is OP' or 'sweep is the king'

coincidentally it is always about skills that are simply over the top. tornado shot is over the top and creating false impression that it is due to 'being clever' is cheap. any first time player cannot do wrong selecting tornado shot and picking few crit nodes.
The damage effectiveness of the skill is a bit to high that's about all I would change really. But honestly it's not that much better then split arrow or ice shot.
"
Reave got nerfed.
Cyclone got nerfed.
Ground slam got nerfed.
Lightning arrow got nerfed.

None of those have been nerfed unless you're going back to closed beta(lightning arrow). some actually got buffs so premise of topic is completely off.

Tornado shot is not really an issue, splitarrow is actually preferable at higher gear levels. Molten strike is pretty unique and doesn't invalidate other melee skills.
Last edited by kasub on Oct 19, 2014, 5:01:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info