When will MoltenStrike | Tornado Shot will be nerfed?

Cyclone only received buffs, same for reave.

What you smoking bro, give me some!
Didn't say it was. reading comprehension fail.
Git R Dun!
"
StormHunter wrote:
They did nerf cyclone?

Nope, at least not directly and even then it's debatable if it was a nerf, it doesn't work with multi strike now.

Upside much less noticeable desync
downside a bit less damage(but really with the addition of heralds you won't even notice)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Oct 17, 2014, 3:31:49 AM
"
Nerf everything! Then buff it! Then nerf it again! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lol +1
"
Alea wrote:
Game life is 3 months; standard is clueless: 90% of players are doing new leagues.
10% remain are weirdos sitting on legacies thinking they are doing it right :D

So finally nerf or not, yo-yo balance or not, all that doesnt matter anymore.

Hey look I actually agree with you

YEYYYY
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Alea wrote:
Game life is 3 months; standard is clueless: 90% of players are doing new leagues.

Do you have some reason to write such stupid sentence ? If you enjoy playing temp leagues, go ahead and leave the rest of the players alone without your bullshit please...
1st Hideout of the week: view-thread/1059888
Gears & Builds history: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1062423
"
Nerf everything! Then buff it! Then nerf it again! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

+1. this is by far the funniest post i've seen on forum. hahaha.

"
Metronomy wrote:
When did reave get nerfed? Also, many things get nerfed/buffed all the time so I wouldnt really be surprised, in fact tornado shot was already adjusted at least once if you didnt realise. But why do you think molten strike needs to be nerfed? Im not saying that it wont be nerfed but it doesnt feel all that overly powerful to me.

reave gets nerfed when they reduced the aoe... sucks really.

many rangers still are saying tornado shot is OP even after the skill update. and to me, yes they are still OP. nothing personal intended here.

In pvp, if a ranger is smart, they will just sit in a corner and shoot those tornado shots and most players will definitely lose (except for reflect physical builds maybe).

for molten strike, the tool tip only showed the damage being done by the melee attack and not the total damage... if only the system were clever enough to show it, i think every 1h player will be using molten strike..
Race? Season points? Nah. Not my thing.
Last edited by SicariusOblente on Oct 17, 2014, 4:44:22 AM
It really bugs me when people are crying about/ calling for a skill to being nerfed, without knowing what this word actually means.

It refers to the Company NERF which builds toys by covering them in Styrofoam. Styrofoam swords etc.

When a skill gets nerfed it gets "covered in Stryofooam" i.e. getting totally unusuable as a damaging skill.

When it comes to the "nerfing" in the history of PoE, there haven't actually been all that many skills that fall into this category. Most skills have been adjusted to the changes made to Skilltree. For example the Arc "nerf" of the skillgem, which made many people cry, turned out to be a buff to the skill, because many lightning damage nodes have been buffed or added to the skilltree. Arc was rebalanced in a way that made unskilled Arc weak but increased the power of builds that committed to certain skillpoints greatly.

Please try to think of the reasons why some skills are being rebalanced, instead of crying about nerfs. A simple reflection on the matter saves you a lot or embarrasement on the forums.

I can agree that Tornado Shot is pretty strong in it's current state, though. However, the questions that come to my mind are: Why is it so strong? Is it a consequence of bows having an increased flat damage base? Or is it due to all bow builds being critbased, thus being extremely powerful because of critical damage multipliers? Or is it actually the skill having a too high damage effectiveness or citchance?

Maybe a rebalance of Tornado Shot would result in a buff to other skills or skill nodes that would improve the damage output of skills that are less lowerful.
"
Alea wrote:

- While it is true that standard players are sitting on legacies, most of top ladders in 3 month leagues are sitting on Rmt trades to get to 100 first.

There is as much interest in playing a 3 month ladder plagued by cheaters than a league full of Bis uniques.

At least standard players already Rmted their shit long ago, while the main rmt market is now the temp leagues. Not even talking about popular Streamers getting free shit... how is that even playing fair? I don't know.

I hope you enjoy playing the useless challenges of what is the 3 month leagues ladder .

-about the nerf hammer on skills, I think it is fair to say tornado shot is way too op considering it is a ranged skill.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Oct 17, 2014, 5:44:47 AM
"
Alea wrote:

what this guy said. I do not care if they nerf Tornado Shot at all. Regards a ranger that uses Tornado shot :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info