When will MoltenStrike | Tornado Shot will be nerfed?

"
VixTrader wrote:
Although it's fun to play, Tornado shot is far worse than Split Arrow so I have no idea why you'd think it would get nerfed. And Moltenstrike although powerful in certain situations, it has massive limitations so again, no need for a nerf at all.

I think theyre about 50/50. Split chain clears the majority of packs quicker, no doubt it is more effective against the majority of what you face. But Tornado is so direct, you can pinpoint damage where Split its chaining all over the shop, which is its advantage and disadvantage. Tornado is a better skill if theres something on the screen you want to prioritise killing.
I don't exactly get how is Molten Strike OP? When it's projectiles reach the ground I'm already clearing the 3rd pack. Fucking horrendous for clear speed.
IGN: Smegacore
"
battled wrote:
I don't exactly get how is Molten Strike OP? When it's projectiles reach the ground I'm already clearing the 3rd pack. Fucking horrendous for clear speed.

Maybe it's just not that noticeable on strong builds. However, I recently made a molten striker using goddess scorned for giggles, the build is stretched so thin molten is literally the only thing keeping it alive, it couldn't work with any other.

Its greatest strength is probably versatility, if properly modded it can work for single target and area. Also it's very cheap, making it a top tier melee skill for races.

Just try comparing it to infernal blow.
- better single target damage
- consistent area damage, unlike infernal which is situational
- easier to scale
- cheaper
- no weapon restrictions
- reflected area damage can be evaded/dodged/blocked and it's spread smoothly unlike infernal which has severe reflect spikes if used with splash

GGG really pulled all the stops on molten, we'll see what that new lightning touch will look like.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Oct 19, 2014, 7:33:40 AM
I've been extensively playing 2H melee builds, and it is true that molten strike is superior to infernal blow, however happily the two are more or less interchangeable in terms of skill tree & even gear. As others have commented, molten strike is incredibly powerful up to around L80 after which it becomes inferior to many other builds.

That being said, I don't think that any of the old-style 2H melee builds are very survivable past ~L73 maps anyway unless one spends dozens of ex on gear...
Last edited by Sir_Wulfrick on Oct 19, 2014, 9:32:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info