Another plea for color blind mode.

"
"
pengant wrote:
Don't see an issue for gems, they all have different icons and you can hover the mouse over them to get the name and stats....

Socket colours I can see being a slight issue - do they all look the same colour or what? But again you could just get 3 different colour gems and try them in the sockets to see what colour they are. A bit annoying yes but nothing major.
Try rolling colors on your 5L or 6L item with that reasoning ;).

Or checking the 3links for RGB. Love how people state that this is not a problem, because the problem isn't their.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
In truth, GGG doesn't have to do a thing to fix this. The fix is already available with programs that allow you to change text and text background colors. Unless you are monochromatic (fully colorblind) you could customize specific drops to have specific color patterns.
I wonder how many blue maps I have overlooked thinking they were blue item drops. I also have trouble telling the difference between ID and Portal scrolls. The colors are too close for my perception. Though this isn't a problem considering how common they are.

The problem is, GGG has deemed such programs as against their Terms of Service.
I don't see why they couldn't just make red gems and sockets square, blue round and green triangle. As far as white sockets, pick a shape if needed. Maybe it's too time consuming to do, I don't know.
"
Xtorma wrote:
I don't see why they couldn't just make red gems and sockets square, blue round and green triangle. As far as white sockets, pick a shape if needed. Maybe it's too time consuming to do, I don't know.

The funny thing is, sockets used to have different notches in closed beta. Then some joker at GGG decided it's not cool enough (or something) and since then, I have great difficulties telling socket colours.

+1 for socket shapes or borders which help here.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
ghoulars wrote:
"
vaskov17 wrote:

I would agree if a major overhaul was required but as I see it the only areas in the game where color blind people might have a problem are gems and sockets. Both seem like they would be an easy fix that will help quite a few people.

If you have a condition making it impossible to play the game, find something else to do. I assume people with MS would not require the game to change because it's to heavy on the mouse use. Or that completely blind people should have audible ques to guide them. Or that... And probably the only person asking for this admittedly "was somewhat inconsistent" about the seriousness of his condition to get his point across.

How about quit being irrational. There is no reason not to have anything he stated to distinguish different colors. As he said only a few lines of code. I'm quite baffled that your against something like this.
This is something I have struggled with myself, and very very simple fixes would make it a world of ease.

With items: Make the rarity more noticeable? (add a single letter to the end for Normal, Magic, Rare, Unique items)

Gems, when moused over the letter appears RBGW
and in the item description, the word.

For sockets, mouse over and they say what color they are, or having distinguishable shapes.

Not only does this help people who are color blind, but it also makes things easier to distinguish if you are working fast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info