[2.3.0] Tanky axe cyclone (2H) High dps/AoE - Hardcore / Atziri viable

Here is my review of this build, I hereby give permission to OP to quote this and post it on the build page.

I run exactly the same tree with almost identical gear: here is my gear:

I solved Int and Dex requirements with astramentis. For my 5L I went IIR/IIQ for killing bosses. I have about 85/34 IIR/IIQ when solo.

So in essential, I use two cyclones: 1 for dps ~ about 23k damage unbuffed. Another is MF cyclone ~ 11k unbuffed. I can always swap with curse on hit.

Merits of This Build:

-Great clear speed, very mobile.
-High DPS depending on your gem configuration
-Aztiri capable
-Able to handle vast majority of end-game map mods 75+ (I know it can't do non-regen maps)
-Easy to level
-Not heavy on the hardware (no frame drops).
-Party-friendly auras (not many people run vitality)
-Spare 4L/5L/6L (chest) that you could do anything you want with.

Drawbacks:
-Desync simulator 2014: yeah cyclone. I died a couple of times due to a 3-second desync.
-Spike damage is scary (Vaal smash for example)
-Phys. reflect hurts quite a bit in mobs.
-Expensive (6L Axe and 5L chest piece alone is 40 ex)
-Capping res. may be an issue (this is a problem with most 2H builds)
-Little defensive damage mitigation: 5 Endurance charges and immortal call, 5 seconds of immortality.
IGN: Amaranthen
Added mace and sword versions, updated to 1.3
The link for the skill tree isn't showing all points, is this just me?
"
mrmanlet wrote:

Copy the link to poebuilder and it will work.

OP, do you think you really need all the endurance charges? In my experince, the immortal call procs so often that I'm perfectly happy with three basic charges only.

I made my version of the 2h-axe tree. I needed 50 int, 100 dex and +16 % all res from the tree. This is what it looks like atm:

Gear
Swap
IGN: ManModeMara (gmt +3)
Last edited by H_E_P_T_A on Dec 9, 2014, 2:32:52 PM
Given the new 1.3.0 patch's addition of bleeding (physical damage over time nodes), I think we will see the axe put into more action.

Sadly, those nodes are closer to the duelist start than the marauder start. We would be wasting too many points just to reach them.
IGN: Amaranthen
"
H_E_P_T_A wrote:
"
mrmanlet wrote:

Copy the link to poebuilder and it will work.

OP, do you think you really need all the endurance charges? In my experince, the immortal call procs so often that I'm perfectly happy with three basic charges only.

I made my version of the 2h-axe tree. I needed 50 int, 100 dex and +16 % all res from the tree. This is what it looks like atm:

Gear
Swap

I like to be able to selfcast IC and make it worth the time selfcasting (10 sec phys immortality)

With high armour gear and a legacy kaoms i can see why you feel good without taking them, it does free up some points without sacrificing much survivabilty.
"
I like to be able to selfcast IC and make it worth the time selfcasting (10 sec phys immortality)

With high armour gear and a legacy kaoms i can see why you feel good without taking them, it does free up some points without sacrificing much survivabilty.

My bad, for some reason I thought your IC was only on cwdt setup. I agree that charges are worth it if you self-cast IC. Have you tried Vaal IC? I haven't seen too much discussion about it nor actual game experiences.
IGN: ManModeMara (gmt +3)
"
H_E_P_T_A wrote:
"

My bad, for some reason I thought your IC was only on cwdt setup. I agree that charges are worth it if you self-cast IC. Have you tried Vaal IC? I haven't seen too much discussion about it nor actual game experiences.
I've tried it, it's great for hard bosses like Maegara (doable without, choices are using conc and bursting her down before there are multiple firestorms, or inc aoe and kill her from a long range and strafe)

vaal IC really shines with the inc duration passives.

i personally don't use it because i don't feel like i need to, i rarely die to Maegara for example. it just takes some practice.
Just wanted to let you know that I'm currently lv 80 and the build working great so far! Only thing I'm lacking is a nice chest piece and Disfavour... lol. Other than that, very fun build and enjoying it! Also, would you recommend putting "Added Fire Damage" gem with Cyclone as the 6th gem?
Why not use Blood Magic on the tree instead of Blood Magic gem?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info