Ended

"

Well in general, I'm not trying to prove anything. My main goal is the spread of information on these mass wealth accumulating techniques and why pricing is wrong for corrupted items and 6-links.

Well I guess what I'm trying to ask by posting here is... what exactly do you want the "average Joe" to do about that?

The average Joe doesn't have the means to guarantee their 6L. The average Joe is at the mercy of the free market completely.

In the case of common uniques like cloak/coil/belly etc. Yes, people can be very foolish in overpaying for 6Ls of those items. But that's entirely their fault. You aren't "exposing" anything other than people's stupidity if those are the kinds of items you're jabbing at.

Now I'll admit I just read the OP and didn't go through the entire thread, but this all sounds like a free market economy running its usual course.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
Last edited by EconomySpoiler on Oct 22, 2014, 7:03:09 PM
"
As things stand, if I were to apply the word 'stupid' to everybody who has (imo) overpaid for a 6-link, I'd have to include everybody who has ever paid more than 'a unique's value + 3 exalts' for a 6-linked version of said item. Needless to say, this would probably encompass almost everybody who has ever purchased a 6-link, including myself. It would be silly to do this.

The system is unbalanced and people are ignorant. There has never been a 'preacher' for these methods before me. Hopefully I can start the change.

Ugh I'm sleepy and want to respond to everything in your post, but it's 11 pm here and I'm a working dude.

This paragraph is easy to respond to though. Until the Forsaken Masters patch, there has NEVER BEEN a set price on 6L anything. But now with vorici, it is absolute nonsense to pay any more than market value of (x unique item)+(350 jewelers)+(1,500 fusing) for said 6L unique item.

That said, I think that the vast, vast majority of people playing are the "incapable average player". Talk to the average person in your guild, or in global, or whatever and ask them "what if they doubled the drop rate of exalts?".

Most would respond with glee, under the impression that higher numbers equals greater wealth, regardless of inflation. Forget about the actual functionality of exalts, that's niche at best.

Consumer economy, through and through.
Long live the new Flesh
Last edited by EconomySpoiler on Oct 22, 2014, 7:03:13 PM
corrupting Stone of Lazhwar seems to be commonly practice too
"

Using all of the information above, we can pretty easily see that there is a 25% chance to end up in the worst category. So there is only a 1 in 4 chance that a player will not be successful when they craft with a 50% buffer. Thus, it's utterly unfair to say 'on average, you will get hit by a bad rng spree'. No, the truth of the matter is 'on average, you are going to successfully craft an item'. And of course, to land in the worst category twice in a row would be a 12.5% chance. (3 times as 6.25 | 1 in 4, 8, 16, 32, etc. down the line)

it would be 1 in 4, 16, 64, 256

or 6.25% for twice in a row

which actually supports your point more

i think you might've brainfarted and used the 50% buffer number
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
"
We can use: http://poestatistics.com/rampage/300.html and see that the average character level is 87.

Just wanted to point out that these refer to only the top 15000 characters, not the entire Rampage. While most of your arguments are compelling, I'm rather sure that it's those outside the ladder rankings that fail to meet your "capable average Joe" standards, and also not know how to generate wealth for themselves effectively.

Though there are altoholics outside the ladder rankings that know how to generate wealth, but I'm not sure what's a reliable estimate of these numbers.
Lets say we assume that the numbers here are completely accurate.

It all takes tons of time. As you spend more time the accumulation of your results would approach the expected values. Those of us with less time would prefer more reliable approaches even if we have to pay a small upcharge for getting exactly what we want.

Time is the main reason I've been playing in Standard recently. I've been able to create long term projects for characters I'd like to improve upon within my schedule.
You better have some deep ass pockets when RNG doesn't go your way. You do realize it's possible not to 6 link even after 10,000 fuse? Or buying 20/20 arcs for 1ex and not seeing a 21/20 after 50ex spent?
Git R Dun!
"
I'm sorry JahIthBer89 if this is taxing :p. You don't have to respond today, I'll be here for a few weeks.

"
That said, I think that the vast, vast majority of people playing are the "incapable average player". Talk to the average person in your guild, or in global, or whatever and ask them "what if they doubled the drop rate of exalts?".

Most would respond with glee, under the impression that higher numbers equals greater wealth, regardless of inflation. Forget about the actual functionality of exalts, that's niche at best.

Consumer economy, through and through.

I'm sorry but I can't seem to find the correlation between people thinking that doubling exalt drop rate would increase their individual wealth and this thought process implying they are incapable average players.

Could you please clarify? Or were they not meant to be related?

I'm just saying that most people can't be bothered to think about things beyond just wanting more stuff. That results in the the other types of people, the ones that come up with clever money-making schemes like you're describing, being able to take advantage of others' ignorance.
Long live the new Flesh

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info