Ended

It has been a week since I first created this post and as such, it's time for my final decision.

I have wiped out all of my posts in this thread and will no longer be using this account. I hope that some people learned something new. I have learned a lot about player reactions for sure.

I have decided not to followup this thread with a better explained version as I believe there won't be significant results.

Thanks to everybody that partook in this discussion with me! Best of luck becoming rich in the future :)
Last edited by EconomySpoiler on Oct 22, 2014, 7:07:36 PM
this post is laughable at best.

1/10 tabula getting +1 gems. xD

and whoever buys 6link chests for 20+ ex unless they are super rolled rares is just stupid.
i bought my 6link cloak for 13 ex and thats how much it should reasonably cost.
Last edited by EconomySpoiler on Oct 22, 2014, 7:00:37 PM
Wow so you created new account to write a bunch of random ideas and assumptions, ending it with
"
Though I'll be honest, I'm not really too well versed in the practicality of this.

Linking for profit is known process, profit depends on fusing:ex ratio.

Your example with corrupting Tabula is total bullshit, odds of getting +1 gems are 1/48 (12 possible corruptions, 4 possible outcomes, assuming all corruptions have the same probability). How is that remotely profitable?
"
Right now, as the economy currently is, you have the capacity to craft most items yourself for roughly the same price that they are sold for. This is probably the single most important thing I can put into this post

This is absolutely not true.

Also, what happens when you buy 10 Tabulas for 10ex, corrupt them and don't get a single +1?
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Im pretty sure you couldent sell a +1 tabula for 10 ex if you wanted to. Its still a useless unique once you start maps.
just to clarify some things 6l ratio isnt around 1:900 because sometimes it takes 15 fuses, sometimes 3000 isnt enough (i know a guy who got his windripper 6l'ed after using ~3.2k fuses). there are different types of people so if someone uses vorici to 6l their stuff, they arent weird
"Individuation ends when emptiness and form become one" Carl Gustav Jung
Last edited by EconomySpoiler on Oct 22, 2014, 7:00:45 PM
i did that with cloaks and my experiences are a bit different
getting a 5-link usually takes less than 80 fusing (altho 1 of them took about 400, some took like 10)
getting 6 sockets varies way more, averaging around 250 jewellers a piece
buying an already 6-socket cloak was also a way to go!

in the end you lose 0 on a 5-link and you earn 18 ex on a 6-link

i've made about 12 5-links when i finally got my 6-link
funny thing is incinerate didn't gain much from it so i sold it at the end ^^

p.s.: This only works on lowcost highly seeked uniques such as queen of the forest/belly/cod.
Last edited by Flutt3r on Oct 15, 2014, 10:34:06 AM
You completely ignored the idea of paying extra for a 100% guarantee of getting what you want. However well you can play the odds, RNG is RNG and you still face risk. As a buyer you're effectively paying the cost of eliminating that risk. And then some for the effort, I guess.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info