YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Hopefully tomorrow they don't also blow up my XFX 850w PSU.

I was gonna sell it first, but I didn't because I knew I needed a backup PSU.

And if that doesn't work at all then the motherboard is dead and I'll have to buy a new mobo and CPU doh.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Did you already mail off the old vid cards.... and doesn't your mobo have lights and noises that tell where in the boot it fails?
No I still have the old cards and the mobo is lightning up and the fans spin for less then a second then everything powers off.

Typical diagnosis for that is cabling problems or faulty PSU.

And the video cards are ruled out because I completely removed them and only connected the motherboard and CPU and still no boot.

I'll try again with the old video cards, but at this point its looking like I destroyed one of the highest end PSUs on the market that's only a month or two old.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
GG Gigabyte
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
LOL if anything it was their upside down power connectors that ruined my cables and boom.

Will fully diagnose in the morning (its around midnight now, sleep just wont take me away :().

- PoE TOS.
Ok, after more googling I tested one more thing, unplugged the CPU too, so only the motherboard was connected to the PSU, and it still wont fully power on so it must be one of those two got killed.

I got this thing in August, how can it already die? Its like the beastliest PSU you can get QQ

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=374

- PoE TOS.
Maybe you got one made on Friday or a Monday. Only buy things that were made on a Wednesday.
The bigger they are, the harder they fall.
I'm praying to all the gods that I don't even believe in that its NOT my legacy expensive Rampage III Extreme because I also have an I7 980 and neither of those need replacing for like forever QQ.

If I do need to replace them, then I go down to Z97 and the 4 Ghz I7 (devils canyon one, cant remember its number).

But I'll be very sad, R3E and I7 980 are still so uber duper super stronk, and I also have 6 sticks of amazing old school elipda ram modules in there (they do 1866 Mhz, 7-8-7 timings).

Do not want to replace, and the new board would only have 4 ram modules and 8 Gb not enough for me, need all 12 Gb and I don't want to lose my elipdas QQ T_T /sad sad waaah waaaah waaaaah!

- PoE TOS.
I'm just wetting myself all over those juicy 970 SLI reviews. Also my previous 680 SLIs used around 410 watts, and these only use 326 watts for two OMG.

No I don't even need a 1300w PSU, but it was on offer for £149 and I bought it because its also 94% efficient at 700 watts used.

- PoE TOS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info