[Beyond] K19's CI Crit Ice Spear - Perma Freeze Bosses (10k+ ES)

I'm using similar build on Rampage, currently 93 lvl. Gear:

Totally endgame viable, I've done -max double overlord piety, -max megaera , temporal chains palace dom and other scary shit. Only avoiding ele reflect, half regen(doable with swapping cold pen to mana leech), no regen and blood magic. Oh, and successfully touched four big red tits over 15 times.
"
SrrL wrote:
I'm using similar build on Rampage, currently 93 lvl. Gear:

Totally endgame viable, I've done -max double overlord piety, -max megaera , temporal chains palace dom and other scary shit. Only avoiding ele reflect, half regen(doable with swapping cold pen to mana leech), no regen and blood magic. Oh, and successfully touched four big red tits over 15 times.

Yeah, Map mods don't really matter when everything is frozen!! :D
IGN - Kinespear
more videos
IGN - Kinespear
"
k19 wrote:
Crit multi is pretty much where damage is scaled off for this build, as assassins mark also multiplys your multiplier by 1.4 at lvl 20.

I agree crit multi >>> cold pen. But also Frostbite/Ele Weakness > Ass Mark.

At all times Ass Mark is a 1.4x damage multiplier.
At minimum Frostbite/Ele Weak is a 1.39x damage multiplier, however against high resist mobs it scales up to much much more than that. Reducing a monsters cold resist from 75% to 36% = 65% damage increase.
IGN: Dmillz
"
Dmillz wrote:
"
k19 wrote:
Crit multi is pretty much where damage is scaled off for this build, as assassins mark also multiplys your multiplier by 1.4 at lvl 20.

At minimum Frostbite/Ele Weak is a 1.39x damage multiplier, however against high resist mobs it scales up to much much more than that. Reducing a monsters cold resist from 75% to 36% = 65% damage increase.

Don't forget that you can't curse everything, hexproof monsters/maps exist, and curse effectiveness is reduced by 60%-70% for map/act bosses. AFAIK cold pen is not affected by either of those things.
"
icemltr wrote:
"
Dmillz wrote:
"
k19 wrote:

Don't forget that you can't curse everything, hexproof monsters/maps exist, and curse effectiveness is reduced by 60%-70% for map/act bosses. AFAIK cold pen is not affected by either of those things.

Assassin's mark I mainly run solo for keeping power charges up, if I really need to freeze stuff, I use frostbite.

If i can't freeze bosses with GMP, I use cold pen - so the curse vs cold pen is irrelevant in this case. and meh to hexproof mobs they aren't that common.

I'm not really disagreeing that cold pen is better, It is in alot of cases. But what happens when you get to a boss and you want to swap out GMP? oh a green socket, added cold/culling strike - not even close to the dps of a 20/20 crit multi. and freezing bosses is why I do this build.
IGN - Kinespear
"
k19 wrote:
Assassin's mark I mainly run solo for keeping power charges up, if I really need to freeze stuff, I use frostbite.

If i can't freeze bosses with GMP, I use cold pen - so the curse vs cold pen is irrelevant in this case. and meh to hexproof mobs they aren't that common.

I'm not really disagreeing that cold pen is better, It is in alot of cases. But what happens when you get to a boss and you want to swap out GMP? oh a green socket, added cold/culling strike - not even close to the dps of a 20/20 crit multi. and freezing bosses is why I do this build.

Good point, I don't like having to cast curses in general and like to be more of a jack of all trades type so that's why I always run cold pen. I think it's good to share options/ideas.

On that note, for freezing bosses with 2 greens, theoretically you can swap crit mult in for echo.
Echo gimps freeze time by 10% and it also increases time between crits when you double cast a non crit - how much difference this makes on permafreezing will depend on character stats and boss hp.
Naturally DPS takes a big hit but freeze would be improved.
"
icemltr wrote:

Good point, I don't like having to cast curses in general and like to be more of a jack of all trades type so that's why I always run cold pen. I think it's good to share options/ideas.

On that note, for freezing bosses with 2 greens, theoretically you can swap crit mult in for echo.
Echo gimps freeze time by 10% and it also increases time between crits when you double cast a non crit - how much difference this makes on permafreezing will depend on character stats and boss hp.
Naturally DPS takes a big hit but freeze would be improved.

but that still leaves GMP in the link? making you do 50% less damage

If you want to swap out echo, then maybe you can put added lightning in (if you have enough damage to shock boss). I often swap Added light for Ele prolif myself
IGN - Kinespear
No the two greens are added cold - cold pen, then ice spear - faster cast - crit damage. That's the best freeze, for duration and time between crits, for 5L that I can think of; I think +3 empower instead of added cold would be slightly better but that's less realistic.

When do you like to switch in added lightning?
"
icemltr wrote:
No the two greens are added cold - cold pen, then ice spear - faster cast - crit damage. That's the best freeze, for duration and time between crits, for 5L that I can think of; I think +3 empower instead of added cold would be slightly better but that's less realistic.

When do you like to switch in added lightning?

its something you just have to test, if you can shock the boss for long enough ie - long enough to stay shocked till the next hit then it worth using, as 50% more damage is pretty insane.

But usually someone in a 4+ group is already shocking, so its not necessary
IGN - Kinespear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info