POE on console?

This game could never work on console and given how crappy their engine is, it would probably require a full rework of the game engine anyways. Basically it would be almost as much work as creating a new game for GGG.

Also I can't see console players enjoying this.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Let's be frank, the console audience is too dumb for Path of Exile.

Why do you think Blizzard simplified and cartoonized Diablo 3 so much? Because they wanted to cater to the mainstream console demographic as well.

You can see this trend with any PC-exclusive franchise that eventually has succeeding games come out on console as well.

The facts are that console gamers are younger and dumber.
"
Odissius wrote:

Source?
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Odissius wrote:

Source?

Do you need a source for a clear sky being blue, as well?
Last edited by Odissius on Oct 1, 2014, 2:52:48 PM
"
tackle70 wrote:
This game could never work on console and given how crappy their engine is, it would probably require a full rework of the game engine anyways. Basically it would be almost as much work as creating a new game for GGG.

Also I can't see console players enjoying this.

All i want is unreal engine replacíng whatever theyre using atm. I have played games with unreal and theyre epic shit. :)
"
Odissius wrote:
Let's be frank, the console audience is too dumb for Path of Exile.

Why do you think Blizzard simplified and cartoonized Diablo 3 so much? Because they wanted to cater to the mainstream console demographic as well.

You can see this trend with any PC-exclusive franchise that eventually has succeeding games come out on console as well.

Then tell me why Dark Souls II was released to console? Dark Souls II requires more of a brain than PoE does.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
mazul wrote:

Then tell me why Dark Souls II was released to console? Dark Souls II requires more of a brain than PoE does.

Well, that's wrong, but very rarely a game gets made for consoles that has depth.

Less than a handful each console gen.
If you take out keyboard and mouse from a game like this, then you'll find that your archer has to be played like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6zy0DjqI5k
As a hardcore PC gamer, I have to say POE would clearly be superior as a PC only title. Do you have any idea how much more skill and dedication you need to hold down right click instead of *scoff* holding down the A/X button. You must be a casual or something. Do you have any idea how hard it would be to implement a Final Fantasy X type skill tree on a console? You clearly dont know how video games work. Not to mention POE's 8 year old engine and total lack of modding support just plain make it an obvious choice for PC gaming. In short OP. I am superior to you in every way because I prefer to play video games on a computer.

Sincerly,
This thread

In all seriousness if GGG doesnt have enough money to rebuild the current engine and fix the issues they already have they definitely dont have enough money to port it.

How about that Alienware Alpha, the "steam" meachine. I'm sure people will do some modding to it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info