The biggest problem with PoE is not what you think.

People are too used to all these dumbed down games coming out today, a game like PoE makes them feel the opposite of the way they feel when they beat the Call of Duty campaign on easy and a Mtn. Dew, 500$ and a bunch of sick gun skins pop out of the XBOX1.

Leads to venting and denial that they may not be that "ultra l33t gamer that knows everything."
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Sep 27, 2014, 2:10:20 AM
Biggest problem with PoE is clearly Jeweler's Orbs..
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
"
Perfect_Black wrote:
Biggest problem with PoE is clearly Jeweler's Orbs..

OooO, I am going to have to disagree here.

I believe the most serious problem is the noise the Avian Retches make when they start vomiting on you.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
trying to fit people into boxes, is a bigger problem than people who actually fit into a specific box.

@Swagtrain, I believe the average PoE player is over the age of 25, and some are well over 40.
that means people who know what an old-school, hard-core game looks like.

PoE isn't "hardcore". it's hard on occasion (depending on your gear), and it's just punishing most of the time.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Sep 27, 2014, 2:36:02 AM
True story. I also think it's ultimately GGG's fault. Might be unfair of me to think that but in my opinion a developer has to 'groom' its community. I can't describe it better with my limited vocabulary.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
When I think about the type of game this is and the general forum dweller of the Internet at large, it really isn't that surprising to me. The people who are invested in the game the most are likely the people posting here a lot (and of course with PoE that investment could be a financial thing as well, as some have supported with a lot of money).

I personally am not a big forum user other than with PoE and maybe a couple others. I started using it by reading about the game, to learn about the game. Then I just started posting a lot while at work on my phone.

I have lost my shit a little bit here and there, about various things, so I can see where it comes from. I think people mostly just don't think before they post shit. I don't think most people are malicious or anything, maybe some. I think most posters just take the game very seriously, hence their regular presence here.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Sep 27, 2014, 3:01:26 AM
"
StormHunter wrote:
The Comunity is a result of frustrated players caused by the economy, desync and unnecassery nerfs to build that dont deserve it,

Simply this. The people (and therefore forums) just reflect the game.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Being negative about the community is still being negative.

I actually like the forum community. Yes, it sometimes gets rough, and yes, we sometimes disagree and are cheeky or downright polemical, but it is a more vibrant, more alive community than many games have.

It is also largely unfiltered, and a whole lot more flies here than anywhere else. I prefer this over homogenized, restrictive, and forcefully "happy" communities. At least we're real here, which doesn't only mean bitching and complaining, but also good, meaty exchanges of thoughts, and a sense of familiarity.

<3 you guys.
"
morbo wrote:
What do you expect? It's a competitive ladder / race game of profits & who's owning a bigger e-deek. Scamming is part of the game, the whole trade-centric design makes it so. Elitism is also part of the game, competitive ladder "look at me how wealthy I'm" (tradecentric desing!) makes it so.

There is nothing wrong with people.

(also there's plenty of people known for being nice & skilled)

i will never understand how ppl can think they are elite or something like that shit in a KI bashing game. you are top 10 ladder? gz you have no job and no friends to go out on weekend.

srsrly how can someone be proud of that? and what do you earn by hitting number one in ladder?
a lot of fame? no, a lot of shame, everyone can see you have no life.

if you want show skill to others, play a real pvp game, not a trashy wannabe pvp KI bashing game like this.
"
chack wrote:
i will never understand how ppl can think they are elite or something like that shit in a KI bashing game. you are top 10 ladder? gz you have no job and no friends to go out on weekend.

Man, its all relative. You laugh at some sitting in their dark room, playing Path of Trade-sim Grinder on weekends, while you are out with your frieds in a pub. Then someone else comes around and laughs at you sitting in a pub, inhaling second hand smoke, while you should be doing sport activity instead. And someone else will laugh at all us loosers, that should be rather working our second job on weekends or doing something more constructive, like learning.

And fyi, PoE is more PvP than you think. Economy / trading is the biggest PvP arena in this game. And comeptition is very harsh.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Sep 27, 2014, 4:35:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info