The biggest problem with PoE is not what you think.

"
"
yungwhiz wrote:
I don't know if they are trying to compensate for shortcomings in their personal lives like having trouble making friends or growing up in a bad home, trouble at work etc. but it seems to me that a good portion (wouldnt say majority but a decent chunk) of online gamers seem like they have a insatiable thirst to feel superior to somebody else. I've never understood it myself but some games encourage it. I think PoE's "hardcore" branding attracts such people. People who crave recognition and approval from strangers and need a reason to feel like they are better than someone elLe. Look at the way this community scoffs at D3 and people who play it. They convince themselves and each other that just by choosing to play one mindless hack and slash dungeon crawler over another they are superior to a couple million people who choose to play another. Look at every thread where someone voices a complaint. There is always handful of people saying "x complaint is easy. You must be doing something wrong. Look at me everyone I'm awesome". And those type of people are who he game is catered too and balanced around. Because god forbid some starnger with and ego complex says a hack and slash game is easy.

I believe it is called "Competitiveness".

I think you are reading too far into things/self-projecting a little too much here in this rant, buddy. Just sayin.

Iv'e never seen an olympic gold medal winner call the silver a scrub. I've never seen a professional basketball/football/hockey team call college teams casual. There is a difference between wanting to win and wanting to beat and degrade.
"
yungwhiz wrote:
"
"
yungwhiz wrote:
I don't know if they are trying to compensate for shortcomings in their personal lives like having trouble making friends or growing up in a bad home, trouble at work etc. but it seems to me that a good portion (wouldnt say majority but a decent chunk) of online gamers seem like they have a insatiable thirst to feel superior to somebody else. I've never understood it myself but some games encourage it. I think PoE's "hardcore" branding attracts such people. People who crave recognition and approval from strangers and need a reason to feel like they are better than someone elLe. Look at the way this community scoffs at D3 and people who play it. They convince themselves and each other that just by choosing to play one mindless hack and slash dungeon crawler over another they are superior to a couple million people who choose to play another. Look at every thread where someone voices a complaint. There is always handful of people saying "x complaint is easy. You must be doing something wrong. Look at me everyone I'm awesome". And those type of people are who he game is catered too and balanced around. Because god forbid some starnger with and ego complex says a hack and slash game is easy.

filthy casual types paragraph about a straw man to make himself feel better about being a filthy casual

Welp. Way to prove my point and OP's

Woosh

the joke

your head

Beautiful strawman though in that wall of text, I'm sure it helps you sleep at night.

Ironically, you have to be pretty miserable to type something like that in the first place.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Sep 27, 2014, 3:10:59 PM
"

Woosh

the joke

your head

Beautiful strawman though in that wall of text, I'm sure it helps you sleep at night.

Ironically, you have to be pretty miserable to type something like that in the first place.

Damn man. You got me. Here i thought you were trying to insult me. But if you were just jk I guess its cool. I really wish i was as smart as you so i could get jokes and stuff.

Edit: Messed up the quotes. Such a casual forum user
Last edited by yungwhiz on Sep 27, 2014, 3:51:04 PM
dont worry I doubt anyone got any of that lol

that dude must be on meds
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
"
"

Tried. It missed me, or so it said with some of its admittedly strange voices. The GF still gives me shit for coming back, but accepts I'm ultimately a weak willed idiot who cares too much about nothing, and finds the approval of strangers online illogically nourishing.

The community is the biggest problem, but my absence won't fix that. My presents, however, occasionally bring a little light to the gloom. :)

Profoundly delusional.

No, not at all. As a matter of fact, you are wrong. We do genuinely miss Charan. Haters be gone please. ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ-̫͡-ʔ
The Gemling Queen favours 'NotACuckRoach'.

Ethaereal │ Exaltreal │ Cherrubim │ Erremes │ Khainne │ Kaelous │ Balzael