The biggest problem with PoE is not what you think.

The biggest problem by far is the community, so far over the past I wanna say 2 weeks of frequenting the forum I noticed something. The amount of hate, elitism, and only caring about the market is just insane, its almost like the people on the forums don't actually play the game they just come here to make an arguement. Its not as bad as the LoL community but it pretty close.

It seems like each community member is known by what they hate or who they troll, etc. not "hey this guy is really nice and skilled" no its "hey this guy is an elitist/scammer/etc."
That's the very reason I don't come to the forums very often.
"
blademyth wrote:
The biggest problem by far is the community, so far over the past I wanna say 2 weeks of frequenting the forum I noticed something. The amount of hate, elitism, and only caring about the market is just insane, its almost like the people on the forums don't actually play the game they just come here to make an arguement. Its not as bad as the LoL community but it pretty close.

It seems like each community member is known by what they hate or who they troll, etc. not "hey this guy is really nice and skilled" no its "hey this guy is an elitist/scammer/etc."
I agree. It makes things more difficult than they need to be. There's still good in this community however but i understand the way things are right now leaves a lingering distrust in the air.
What do you expect? It's a competitive ladder / race game of profits & who's owning a bigger e-deek. Scamming is part of the game, the whole trade-centric design makes it so. Elitism is also part of the game, competitive ladder "look at me how wealthy I'm" (tradecentric desing!) makes it so.

There is nothing wrong with people.

(also there's plenty of people known for being nice & skilled)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Sep 26, 2014, 7:20:05 PM
"
morbo wrote:
What do you expect? It's a competitive ladder / race game of profits & who's owning a bigger e-deek. Scamming is part of the game, the whole trade-centric design makes it so. Elitism is also part of the game, competitive ladder "look at me how wealthy I'm" (tradecentric desing!) makes it so.

There is nothing wrong with people.

(also there's plenty of people known for being nice & skilled)

Competitive doesn't automatically = being a dick to everyone. Gather your wealth, be #1, a majority of people don't care about that and rather just have fun because they know they won't achieve it.
"

Devs not being transparent shouldn't make the community be at each other's throats, [Removed by Support] Yes, I know that is not what that thread is about, but that is how people are acting in it.
Last edited by Bex_GGG on Sep 26, 2014, 7:48:41 PM
Hard to play game when I'm at work. easy to post even looks like work.

Honestly I blame forums and streamers for making ppls expectations too high. Thats where at least 90% of the complaints originate from. drops rates, economy and what not. Before internet comparing you'd never know and just play a game and have fun.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 26, 2014, 9:10:53 PM
The Comunity is a result of frustrated players caused by the economy, desync and unnecassery nerfs to build that dont deserve it,
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
Pfft, look at the OP. Does not have 15 lvl100 HC, less than 1000EX on Beyond. Total noob, casual, knows nothing, casual skum. What would your casual casual know about casual anyway, casual?

No, I have also said that the community is pretty bad. It is like the Blizzard official forum was back in DII. That was a cesspool! Too many gamers these days act like immature jerks online, hence why I stopped playing multiplayer. I only solo-play these days because I want to enjoy myself, not put up with constant, inane abuse.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info