2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

i meant using a soultaker in offhand, and being able to drop BM from your cyclone links completely and be able to use like icenova, conc effect, or incaoe for a whole screen discharge.

sure the soultaker has lower crit, but you hit once per spin with each weapon, shouldn't be too low of a change and dropping BM should compensate more than the lower crit should?

feed back please
SPorkTots
"
B_L_3_E_D wrote:
i meant using a soultaker in offhand, and being able to drop BM from your cyclone links completely and be able to use like icenova, conc effect, or incaoe for a whole screen discharge.

sure the soultaker has lower crit, but you hit once per spin with each weapon, shouldn't be too low of a change and dropping BM should compensate more than the lower crit should?

feed back please

I've tested it with my soultaker from my other character. It works good and makes health management a breeze. It just lowers the number of procs. I think it's a safer way to run but it just slows your clear speed a bit. I'm still not sure which combination i like best between my different combos i've been trying. I've tried
8.5 crit can't evade dagger and shield (This is the most fun, it's like a machine gun)
8.5 crit can't evade dagger and soultaker(This is by far the safest)
8.5 crit can't evade dagger and 9.9 crit dagger(This does the most damage but i can't look away from my health)
9.9 crit dagger and shield(80%accuracy hurts my clear speed with this one)

I'm only 67 so I need another 10-15 levels before I'll have a good idea which one I like best in the end. I use vitality instead of purity of fire to offset a little of the BM health costs. It helps.

"
Gekiro wrote:
What is an appropriate level to transition from Static Strike to cyclone + discharge ? I have Mightflay ready but I don't think I can handle blood magic with cyclone yet, I'm on the right part of the tree at lvl 30.

You probably are higher level now but I'll post this for others

There is always Molten Strike+Multistrike COC option!! I've been leveling that way since I hit 35(Voll's Protector).

You can:
Craft a Poignard, try to get a 15%+ attack speed roll, regal then craft crit using Vagan.
Spoiler
crafting crit is the better option as you can get higher attack speed with alterations:

Attack Speed

Vagan mods: 8-11% & 12-15%
iLvl: 37 : 17 to 19 (of Acclaim)
iLvl: 45 : 20 to 22 (of Fame)

Crit is almost the same with Vagan craft

Vagan mods: 17-21% & 22-27%
iLvl: 30 : 20 to 24 (of Piercing)
iLvl: 44 : 25 to 29 (of Puncturing)

Or look for poe.trade for 8% crit 1.5 aps + daggers, your choice. (Don't forget to check poemods.com to learn suffixes and buy the ones that has room for crit craft.)

Mana issues:
About sustaining mana I'm wearing 3 elreon jewelries so, mana cost is 0 but I could sustain the mana without them.
I leveled my Molten Strike but keep it level 1 for lower mana cost.

Links are: (for 5L)
Molten Strike + Multistrike + Faster Attacks + COC + Discharge
I'd remove FA if 4L is all you got. You can replace FA with Life Leech/Lightning Pen/Increased Critical Strikes(or one of them for 6th link). I'm just saving the color for later, as I've got a stubborn Rat's Nest that wont get RRBG or RBBG.
Torment Shop : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1121704
Last edited by ta3boo on Jan 10, 2015, 12:47:37 AM
Thanks Mathil for an amazing build as I have just managed to get all the gear required apart from the Rats Nest which would be quite easy to grab hold of. I was wondering about what I should add to this dagger with Elreon multi mods as I was thinking that it should have lightning leech (like your dagger) and increased attack speed of course, but what would be the next mod? Crit Multi? or even +2 Weapon Range/Accuracy? as this is my first ever Discharger build.

Any feedback would be appreciated :)
Thanks for the BUILD Mathil, i just wanna share that i killed Atziri in just 7mins (1st try), died 2x. Here's the drop
. dagger used

Thanks and more power!
So this build is pretty awesome! I was thinking of dropping m shield for a Soul Taker so i dont have to use blood magic. Can anyone please tell me they're experiences or thoughts on using Soul Taker? My only problem with this build has been some survivabilty issues (not many). Currently i am lvl 82 with around 3600 health. Soul Taker just seems it will solve some problems but I know if use it my crit chance will drop and then I get less procs :(
Assuming a person could afford a Mjolner, how does this build compare to the usual cyclone Mjolner build?
Hi everyone,

I hit level 79 and feeling like lacking damage/critting less as I moved onto higher tier of maps. Any suggestions?
Is my chance to hit or crit too low?
Would you chance some points on tree? I could move some points to higher priority nodes.
Should I change links? Like crafting 1% lightning leech on dagger and removing Life Leech from my 5L.

Here is my setup

I use another dagger + evasion shield on weapon swap. And I sometimes use RF instead of that Portal Gem. All stat pictures were with Purity of Lightning/Fire & Grace without Power Charges
Saffell's setup
Eva shield setup

Evasion shield stats
Gear

Rest are the same.

Flasks
Passive Tree
Torment Shop : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1121704
Last edited by ta3boo on Jan 12, 2015, 5:06:15 PM
Hello i have one very important question for me... can someone answer me what is the best option in 5 link (lighning penetration or ice nova?) if i dont want use elemental equlibrium? ( i play diffrent passive tree without EE) Thank yoy for answer
"
ta3boo wrote:
Hi everyone,

I hit level 79 and feeling like lacking damage/critting less as I moved onto higher tier of maps. Any suggestions?
Is my chance to hit or crit too low?
Would you chance some points on tree? I could move some points to higher priority nodes.
Should I change links? Like crafting 1% lightning leech on dagger and removing Life Leech from my 5L.

Here is my setup

I use another dagger + evasion shield on weapon swap. And I sometimes use RF instead of that Portal Gem. All stat pictures were with Purity of Lightning/Fire & Grace without Power Charges
Saffell's setup
Eva shield setup

Evasion shield stats
Gear

Rest are the same.

Flasks
Passive Tree

hey, your chance to hit is REALLY low at 81%. I tried to stay between 87 and 88% during leveling up.. after a few levels without fixing my kit the chance to hit dropped to 84% and i was missing A LOT. no idea how your 81% must feel! Im 84 now with 87%. anywhere around 88 feels good.

You can get another 300~ acc on your neck, and another 150 on each of your rings.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info