2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

"
I'm running a vagan dagger now and hitting every time completely makes up for the lower base atk spd, crit chance, and spell dmg.

From this

To this

The dagger makes a huge difference in crit/sec vs rare and boss mobs. It also allowed me to spec out of berserking and starting atk speed nodes. I now have spell damage and barbarism, which makes up for the spell damage loss on dagger and brings me up to 4,464 hp.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABLMFtQx9DkgPqxB_EZYWvxo4Iuoj9iT9JpUnLyj6KU8qCypNLagwfDWSOuE8BTwtPydBh0rIS1dM_02STeNQQlFHUUxTNVVLXfJh4mNDaPJuqm-ecFJwVnDVcql2rHcHfVt_K4KbgseDCYV9hxOJ04w2jX2Nv5AbkFWSfZhvmK2aE5o7m7WcpKIAoi6mV6xHrY2vbLGQtfK3PrfWwGbA48M6xPbGnsauykrPftQj1orYvdtZ29TcI-Fz5c_nVOjW6hjsOO988B_xs_JF9zL56P4K_o__3g==

Edit: DING lvl 90 last night :D

I am working on that damn voll's devotion, then will be switching out of accuracy gear.

i think im gonna stick to this dagger rather than using VAGAN DAGGER, that SPELL CRIT gives huge DPS, it has high SPELL CRIT and APS.
"
I'm running a vagan dagger now and hitting every time completely makes up for the lower base atk spd, crit chance, and spell dmg.

From this

To this

The dagger makes a huge difference in crit/sec vs rare and boss mobs. It also allowed me to spec out of berserking and starting atk speed nodes. I now have spell damage and barbarism, which makes up for the spell damage loss on dagger and brings me up to 4,464 hp.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABLMFtQx9DkgPqxB_EZYWvxo4Iuoj9iT9JpUnLyj6KU8qCypNLagwfDWSOuE8BTwtPydBh0rIS1dM_02STeNQQlFHUUxTNVVLXfJh4mNDaPJuqm-ecFJwVnDVcql2rHcHfVt_K4KbgseDCYV9hxOJ04w2jX2Nv5AbkFWSfZhvmK2aE5o7m7WcpKIAoi6mV6xHrY2vbLGQtfK3PrfWwGbA48M6xPbGnsauykrPftQj1orYvdtZ29TcI-Fz5c_nVOjW6hjsOO988B_xs_JF9zL56P4K_o__3g==

I am working on that damn voll's devotion, then will be switching out of accuracy gear.

i think im gonna stick to this dagger rather than using VAGAN DAGGER, that SPELL CRIT gives huge DPS, it has high SPELL CRIT and APS.
Can i use mjolner for this build?
"
Gymiyaraniga wrote:
Can i use mjolner for this build?

Well, if you are serious about that Mjolner, you will need to spec out of critical nodes, reach out for resolute technique and get Romira's banquet. Then you can drop accuracy and crit chance on your gear and dump it into dps and/or survivability (a good bonus is being able to use a high level rare chest instead of Voll's).
"
MagnusPienna wrote:
"

From this

To this

No doubt, spell crit chance is an awesome bonus. If I had that dagger I probably wouldn't have put the currency into building a vagan dagger. Accuracy reliant build is totally doable with high acc on rings and glove.

I managed to sell off my 6L LC and acquired that voll's devotion finally. WOW. DPS is fucking insane now, boss kill speed with conc effect is incredible. I'm really bad at the 2nd and 3rd atziri encounters and I literally just brute DPS'd my way through the fights and used up 3 portals to get my first atziri kill.

I found that I could definitely run Maligaro's, but I don't really want to lose the life from gloves and I probably wouldn't be able to overcap for ele weakness maps like now. I might look for an atk speed/life/res piece then try to maximize on the rings.

Current gear/spec

gear

Thoughts on vaal pact anyone? I feel like I'm wasting leech regen/sec at some points when it caps, but that 40% effectiveness is a big hit to only 2% leech. With only 1.2% I think you would have to run high level warlords mark which brings you up to (6.9x.4)+(2x.4)=3.96%?

Reflect isn't bad with rumi's (61% spell block) and topaz + ruby (95% lr96% fr), but how much would it be improved with vp?
Last edited by SlainerOfNoobs on Jan 2, 2015, 2:16:23 PM
so I accidentally killed the broken bridge bandit in cruel... Is the 8% APS needed? I guess I'll bite the 20 regret if so.

bought my gear to build out. Except for chest piece so far, whats the DPS difference between 5-6L?

gear

Spoiler

Also, wouldnt it be better to go with a fire/ice damage on ring and 6L and subbing life leach for ice nova?
Last edited by ShockzzV13 on Jan 2, 2015, 5:53:18 PM
You should be ok without the attack speed, but if you feel its lacking pick up berserking or something else. Just hold off and pay the 20 regret whenever you have the spare currency.

6L is huge because you can run lightning pen + conc effect for bosses. This is needed to burn down high hp endgame bosses.

Use ice nova for trash - the freeze/chill mitigates alot of damage. When I forget to switch my ice nova back in I can always tell because I'm taking a lot more damage from enemies that expected.

The only reason that you might go LL gem is for VP, but your boss kill speed will be gimped.

Only use cold damage on the rings or gloves so your endurance discharge can benefit from EE too.
Could anyone give me some advice please?
I have a Duelist, Templar, and Marauder that are about level 70 with full resets. Would there be much of a difference in any of those classes vs rerolling as shadow? If not, which class do you think would have the biggest advantage (looks like atk speed vs spell dmg).

Thank you =)
"
nocent3 wrote:
I have a Duelist, Templar, and Marauder that are about level 70 with full resets. Would there be much of a difference in any of those classes vs rerolling as shadow? If not, which class do you think would have the biggest advantage (looks like atk speed vs spell dmg).

Thank you =)

Only one viable out of those is Templar. The other two take too much of a detour to be good.
Abisslayer, the Tank of Blades! - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1751060
Abisswalds, the Flaskman!

"
Dysmal wrote:
"
nocent3 wrote:

Thank you =)

Only one viable out of those is Templar. The other two take too much of a detour to be good.

Thanks Dysmal, Templar it is!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info