2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

"
Jcr982 wrote:
Single target high HP bosses are still giving me trouble with this build since we can no longer "lockon" to a target anymore, any ideas how to combat this?

why cant you lock on?

and you can use double strike works fine. its important to realize this is not a cyclone/discharge build but rather it is a critical strike dagger build with a bit of elemental damage. you can use a lot of different things that will still work with this build.
"
I have been using this build as a Scion because I had one already leveled to 67. Currently level 88.

This is my v1.3 105 point build, it's very similar to the original:

IMPROVED
I haven't done a very in-depth analysis, but iirc I have gained crit chance, spell/ele dmg. Instead of going for the nerfed Barbarism, I will now include the Inner Force cluster at 88, where previously I was waiting til 91.

EDIT: I probably gained a small amount of crit chance because on 1.2 I don't have the last shadow crit node under Assassination. I currently have 1 point in a +30 int node, but with the int +20 I'm getting from Sanctity + Retribution, I will no longer need it.

DEGRADED
Went from ~165% inc life down to 147%. With Barbarism I could get up to 155%, but with the nerf I think IF is a much more valuable investment with this build.

The templar illuminati triangle nodes are very attractive, but this build already has so much damage I don't really think it's necessary. My goal for level 90 will be buying or chancing a Voll's D, then VP.

Gear-wise, besides Voll's D, my priority is to craft an end-endgame dagger that includes 60%+ spell dmg, 20%+ atk spd, 30%+ crit chance, 1% LL w/ Lightning .

At the time of posting this I was not aware of the change to how fast cyclone hits, so after some playing I found this build with Berserking and different starting nodes to be closer to my original dps. Still only at about 4200 life without barbarism though.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABA5YEswW1DH0OSA-rEH8Rlha_Gjgi6iP2JP0mlScvKPopTyoLKk0wfDIJNZI64TsoPAU8LT8nQYdKyEtXTP9Nkk3jUEJRR1FMUzVVS13yYENh4mNDaPJsRm49bqpvnnBScFZw1XJscql3B31bfyuCm4LHgwmFfYcTidOMNo19jb-QG5BVkn2Yb5itmhOaO5u1nKSiAKIuplepbqxHr2y18rc-wOPDOsT2xp7GrspK1CPWiti929TcI-Fz5c_nVOjW7DjvfPAf8bPyRfcy-ej-Cv6P_94=

I tried another build for a bit, ST CoC/EE/block/EB/MoM, but the damage just isn't there no matter how I rework passives/gear/gems. I'm coming back to this build now.

I got a vagan dagger now and a bunch of extra crit gear from ST build, so I'm going to see if I can rework my gear to include more life/dps. Maligaro's is a nice fantasy but I just don't see it working out for life/res. Still really need a voll's devotion to kick the build into super saiyan or whatever that dbz shit was.
Hello,

Why you don't take phase acrobatics ??
It sits behind too many points. The tree is too stretched to make it work with phase acro unless lvl 95+
Is the advantage of using Ice Nova instead of Inc Critreally really that big?
is this DAGGER viable for this build guys? kindky reply.. thanks!
"
MagnusPienna wrote:

Yes, that's a really good dagger for this build. You have practically everything you want from a dagger!
Abisslayer, the Tank of Blades! - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1751060
Abisswalds, the Flaskman!

"
Dysmal wrote:
"
MagnusPienna wrote:

Yes, that's a really good dagger for this build. You have practically everything you want from a dagger!

is it possible to use 2x discharge link together. COC>FA>BM>DC>DC>? thanks for the reply.
"
MagnusPienna wrote:
"
Dysmal wrote:
"
MagnusPienna wrote:

is it possible to use 2x discharge link together. COC>FA>BM>DC>DC>? thanks for the reply.

Yeah, it's possible, but I don't know how good it would be or how it would work...

Anyone tested this? Seems to me that one Discharge would eat up all the power charges, leaving the other with none, right?
Abisslayer, the Tank of Blades! - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1751060
Abisswalds, the Flaskman!

I'm running a vagan dagger now and hitting every time completely makes up for the lower base atk spd, crit chance, and spell dmg.

From this

To this

The dagger makes a huge difference in crit/sec vs rare and boss mobs. It also allowed me to spec out of berserking and starting atk speed nodes. I now have spell damage and barbarism, which makes up for the spell damage loss on dagger and brings me up to 4,464 hp.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABLMFtQx9DkgPqxB_EZYWvxo4Iuoj9iT9JpUnLyj6KU8qCypNLagwfDWSOuE8BTwtPydBh0rIS1dM_02STeNQQlFHUUxTNVVLXfJh4mNDaPJuqm-ecFJwVnDVcql2rHcHfVt_K4KbgseDCYV9hxOJ04w2jX2Nv5AbkFWSfZhvmK2aE5o7m7WcpKIAoi6mV6xHrY2vbLGQtfK3PrfWwGbA48M6xPbGnsauykrPftQj1orYvdtZ29TcI-Fz5c_nVOjW6hjsOO988B_xs_JF9zL56P4K_o__3g==

Edit: DING lvl 90 last night :D

I am working on that damn voll's devotion, then will be switching out of accuracy gear.
Last edited by SlainerOfNoobs on Jan 1, 2015, 6:41:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info