2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

"
XtraSalty wrote:
What items would u upgrade if you could? besides the weapon.

Btw just got this 1ex :D

Fkn gross dagger for 1ex, well played.

Broseph earlier was right, taking Inner Force should give that extra 1% max res because of Athleticism, forgot about that. In that case it's probably worth taking so I'll see what I can sacrifice if anything, cause I'd like those 1% max and extra evasion for grace.

Cold leech doesn't really do anything for the spec. Ice nova even at max level being spammed feels like shit for dps. You can try it by taking discharge out. You'll still clear packs but it's about 5 times slower.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
question about elemental equilibrium.

does it do anything for bosses with very high resists? (atziri, piety) i always assumed they exceed 75% resist on all elements up to 150%

i am using a self cast incinerate discharger with voll's devotion was thinking i use some variation with this build. however i am more leaning to light pen since it always will work and volls devotion will help against lightning resist mobs and will be okish against elemental resist mobs i guess?
or i just put the almighty increased crit damage gem on.
So Ice Nova procs EE but Discharge doesn't?
Managed to get my 5L volls, only missing the light Doryani. The build is really amazing

What do you think about using Rathpith instead of Saffels? Is the life/spell damage worth it over losing max resists?

Edit: also, why the Firestorm?
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Sep 28, 2014, 8:09:32 AM
Hello there, it seemms a nice build,as always :P

But since i'm too lazy to lvl a shadow do u think there is a way to respec a ranger in this one? Thanks
"
Aleoddio wrote:
Hello there, it seemms a nice build,as always :P

But since i'm too lazy to lvl a shadow do u think there is a way to respec a ranger in this one? Thanks

Not really, you'd have to sacrifice a lot of passives to get to the same stage.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
That desync at trio though, you 'were' at the top left because the boss followed you there, then poof, middle of room.
IGNs - GotBrainDamageInIntro
Wich one do u think is more solid, this or your other cyclone crit build?
Amazing build, Mathil. Simply amazing.

Had to open my bank to get all the stuff I needed, but I think it was worth it after doing couple of 72 maps. Up until now I've been playing your ST CoC build, only FP+Ice spear variant, and permafreeze aside, this one surpasses it in every way (you don't even need freeze since everything dies instantly).

Clear speed is amazing, I honestly don't understand how 4-5 power discharge can hit this hard. Still don't have my resist at max, and can't run third aura. Once I sort that out, it should be even better.

Now I'm in a kinda of a dillema, whether to stick with my plan of 6Ling my Carcass or 6L volls just for the fun of adding IAE and clearing whole screen by discharging.
Spoiler

„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Sep 28, 2014, 1:28:40 PM
If you're specced into EE, you can actually save a gem socket by having the appropriate flat elemental damage on your gear, as you're attacking with cyclone in the first place (For example, cold damage on gear to proc EE for mob lighting and fire resistances). This way, you don't need to use up a socket for ice nova for EE purposes. Of course, your cyclone AOE may be smaller than ice nova's, but I never found this to be an issue in practice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info