2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

So why would I want cold spell crit?
maybe im just wrong on the elemental nature of discharge
"
blade vortex is there to keep our power charges at max (and possibly proc EE altough i dont really get why added dmg to spells would help dmg wise)

The Elemental Equilibrium node is how we kill lightning resistant mobs. This is done by having either fire or ice damage on our cyclone and/or the Blade Vortex. Blade Vortex has longer range than Cyclone and hit more often, so it is more effective at maintaining the debuff on monsters. Thus fire/ice damage to spells is more effective for that purpose than on attacks.
i get that one yes, but BV is a spell isnt it? and if we use "adds x dmg so spells" our discharge is influenced also and since we always discharge all our charges we would end up gimping the discharge damage since the mobs would be either resistant to cold or resistant to fire/light

whereas when i use "adds x dmg to attacks" nly our cyclone is affected and since it hits twice per spin we are somewhat guarantueed to have resist to cold even though discharging 24/7 due to the fast hitting nature of cyclone.

so what im not getting is why alvui suggests adding cold to spell for better EE proccing
i mean yes, BV would trigger the right side of EE and it hits further than cyclone but our discharge would always do cold dmg aswell so we would have a mob with trires since we discharge power/endu ->light/fire + added cold -> trires.

does BV hit fast enough to overwrite this bevore the next discharge can occur?
Last edited by cookiereloaded on Jan 18, 2016, 5:26:28 AM
"
i get that one yes, but BV is a spell isnt it? and if we use "adds x dmg so spells" our discharge is influenced also and since we always discharge all our charges we would end up gimping the discharge damage since the mobs would be either resistant to cold or resistant to fire/light

whereas when i use "adds x dmg to attacks" nly our cyclone is affected and since it hits twice per spin we are somewhat guarantueed to have resist to cold even though discharging 24/7 due to the fast hitting nature of cyclone.

so what im not getting is why alvui suggests adding cold to spell for better EE proccing
i mean yes, BV would trigger the right side of EE and it hits further than cyclone but our discharge would always do cold dmg aswell so we would have a mob with trires since we discharge power/endu ->light/fire + added cold -> trires.

does BV hit fast enough to overwrite this bevore the next discharge can occur?

With cold to spell or cold to attack, mobs sitting in the edge of our discharge will get triress (ress to fire and light if using to attack, but since u are not generating frenzy charge it really doesnt matter because ur discharge wont be doing cold damage either)

Cold to spell is to EE the biggest number of mobs at same time, cyclone wont be hitting as many enemies as bladevortex will, also Blade vortex hits "way faster" than cyclone.
FatherFakener (Trickster Fakener CI)
Severne_I (LowLife Fakener)
Severne_II (Inquisitor Crit Life Storm Caller)
MCLMXXXVIII (Champion Oro's Flicker)
What would be the best way to level this character? It's very different from what I've played before.

I've gone back a few pages but I can't see anyone asking the same question.

At the very bottom of Mathil's first post he said Reave. Is that still the way to go? I have absolutely zero experience with Reave so I'd like to make sure before trying to level with it.

Hope someone see's this as I can't start until I get an idea of what to do. Thanks to anyone who replies!
So does the spell crit stack up for discharge or is it only based on what charges you have?
alvuimil what kinda flask setup would you recommend for the ci tree you posted.
So what would be the best way to level up with this build?
"
Chodexd wrote:
So what would be the best way to level up with this build?

I literally just asked this three posts ago.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info