2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

"
theoddphantom wrote:
Any suggestions on Elreon ring crafting?

Not specifically, pray to the RNG gods and hope you dont get shitty rolls.
IGN: RawbinHewd
I'm having an issue with energy calculations and my gear setup. I see many people posting they have 7k-8k ES whereas my character barely has 5k after taking CI and the nodes behind it. Below are my gear and builds.

Build
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAA5YHHg18DkgRLxGWFdcbJRzcIG4i9CepKPoqCyo4KwosvyzhMtE7KD1fQZZFR0ZxRwZJUUmxS65Ms1AwUlNWY1fJXfJfal-wYENjQ2SdbAttGW49b55wUnBWdwd-WX_GgwmGrocTidOMNo_6kBuTJ5Uul5WX9JitmhObtZykoS-sZq6ztAy4k7k-vorDOspKytPQ0ND118_Ydtlb29TpAuq66-7r9ewY74jw1fId8uH5Nw==

A few questions...

1.) Is the energy shield crafted on rings multiplicative?
2.) What can I do to increase my energy shield besides that? Is it just a matter of higher ES on my shield and boots?
3.) What should I look into as my next upgrade?

Thanks in advance
Couple questions for the folks running this build..

What gem setups do you all favor? I was thinking of running Poacher's Mark to generate Frenzy charges and such.. Im new, I enjoy this build quite a bit, but I'm trying to really find my footing with it.

I only have a 5L atm, and I'm running Cyclone/CoC/Blade Vortex/Discharge/Life Leech but I really dont know what else to run on my other pieces of gear other than the usual Whirling Blades/Fort/Faster etc.

Any advice on on gem setups would be appreciated.
REMINDER

8135ES (lv19discipline - no % ES on rings)
90,64% cyc crit (+9% from assasin mark ~100% crit with 7 pcharges)
89,25% spell crit (+9% from assasin mark ~100% crit with 7 pcharges)
342% spell crit multi (i dont have any crit multi jewel)

Never needed Clarity, 1 jewel with +2mana on hit, warlord when i didnt have volls. Also never needed Purities. Did Atziri at 78 with 6k ES and no purity.

CI Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABA5YHHg18DdEOSBEvEVARlhXXGyUbyBzcIG4i9CepKPoqCyo4Kwosvy3SMtE0CjW5Oyg8BT1fQZZCS0VHRnFJUUmxS65Ms1AwUlNWY1fJXfJfal-wYENjQ2SdZlRsC20Zbj1vnnBScFZwu3cHf8aCm4MJhMWFe4V9hcWGrocTidOMNox2jxqP-pAbkFWTJ5Uul5WX9JitmhOaO5u1nKSf36Evpyuus7QMuJO-gL6KwGbDOspKytPP3dAf0NDQ9dfP2Vvb1OOE6QLquuvu6_XsGOw473zviO_r8NXxivId-Tc=?accountName=alvuimil&characterName=Severne_IV

If i had a Taste of hate i would swap it for the Sapphire. Can also swap it for Granite if u feel like need some physical reduction.
NOTE: Maligaro skill setup = CWDT+Immortal Call+Increase duration+Summon ice golem

This are my Jewels

FatherFakener (Trickster Fakener CI)
Severne_I (LowLife Fakener)
Severne_II (Inquisitor Crit Life Storm Caller)
MCLMXXXVIII (Champion Oro's Flicker)
"
alvuimil wrote:
REMINDER

Never needed Clarity, 1 jewel with +2mana on hit, warlord when i didnt have volls. Also never needed Purities. Did Atziri at 78 with 6k ES and no purity.

CI Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABA5YHHg18DdEOSBEvEVARlhXXGyUbyBzcIG4i9CepKPoqCyo4Kwosvy3SMtE0CjW5Oyg8BT1fQZZCS0VHRnFJUUmxS65Ms1AwUlNWY1fJXfJfal-wYENjQ2SdZlRsC20Zbj1vnnBScFZwu3cHf8aCm4MJhMWFe4V9hcWGrocTidOMNox2jxqP-pAbkFWTJ5Uul5WX9JitmhOaO5u1nKSf36Evpyuus7QMuJO-gL6KwGbDOspKytPP3dAf0NDQ9dfP2Vvb1OOE6QLquuvu6_XsGOw473zviO_r8NXxivId-Tc=?accountName=alvuimil&characterName=Severne_IV

If i had a Taste of hate i would swap it for the Sapphire. Can also swap it for Granite if u feel like need some physical reduction.
NOTE: Maligaro skill setup = CWDT+Immortal Call+Increase duration+Summon ice golem

This are my Jewels

If you don´t go out of mana its because you do wrong cyclones.
Try doing cyclones at max speed: movement flask, +30 movement boots, and close to your feet.
I have tested with my gear (2 elreon rings and 2 mana on hit jewels) and even it´s impossible to sustain without warlords mark.

My gear: Im at 9K+ ES and will get more when I change belt for axium or other...
Spoiler

Last edited by reimbowl on Jan 20, 2016, 4:35:29 AM
Well,

since I have some mana issues due to Voidbringer, Im using a Soul Taker atm. Can someone tell me how it works with a mjölner? It would be hard to get the strength and intelligence i guess? Also probably I would have to swap out the Voidbringer and IDK if it is worth it.

Also I switched for CI atm cuz i dont have so much currency atm. I might switch to the original build again, once I have all the items and something close to Voidbringer. My ES is 5.3k atm.

Spoiler

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYABx4NfA5IES8RUBGWFdcbJRzcIG4i9Cj6KU8qCyo4Kwospiy_MtE0CjW5N2Y8BUGWRUdFfEZxRwZJUUmxS65Ms1AwUlNWY1fJXfJfal-wY0NknWZUa7dsC20Zb55wUnBWdwd713_GgpuDCYTFhXuFfYauhxOJ04w2jHaP-pAbkNaTJ5Uul5WXl5f0mK2aE5o7m7WcpJ48n9-hL6crrrO0DLQ4uJO-isBmwwnDOspKytPQ0ND118_ZW9vU5RnpAuq66-7r9ewY7DjvfO-I8NXyHfLh-Tf79Q==?accountName=Stone__Cold&characterName=xxXStoneColdXxx

I currently run Discipline, Assassins Mark as Aura and Purity of Lightning.

Suggestions? :) Im leveling my gems still so my dps is okay but not amazing yet. I want to crit much more often, which should happen, as soon as i 6 linked one of my other 5 volls.... and also once i leveled my gems.
https://www.twitch.tv/ston3cold3
Last edited by Stone__Cold on Jan 20, 2016, 4:17:41 AM
"
reimbowl wrote:
"
alvuimil wrote:
REMINDER

Spoiler

CI Tree

This are my Jewels

If you don´t go out of mana its because you do wrong cyclones.
Try doing cyclones at max speed: movement flask, +30 movement boots, and close to your feet.
I have tested with my gear (2 elreon rings and 2 mana on hit jewels) and even it´s impossible to sustain without warlords mark.

My gear: Im at 9K+ ES and will get more when I change belt for axium or other...
Spoiler

THANK YOU reimbowl! Finally someone points it out! I really have a hard time on some bosses in Group because my mana reg sucks! 2 mana gain on hit is good enough for like 5 sec bossfights. Ever tried Wasteland, Palace, Colloseum with crazy mods and a culler?

Yeah ofc if I run through like half the room before I click again to change direction with cyclone...

For trashmobs assassins mark and a mana pool of 150 left is good enough, never run out of mana, can stutterstep to maximize DPS on rares, get enough mana back through kills and mana hit jewel.

For bosses in Group I drop assa mark and take Clarity 20, works wonders. Much better is Mana reg on gear, like shield or ring, as a 4th stat on jewels.

Also Alvuimil you advertise 8k ES with insane shield and rlly good helmet and super good ES boots....
Still zero ES%jewels, instead crit chance and other damage mods on jewels.

I run only Attack speed es% and 1 damage mod, preferably Crit Multi ofc.
My discharge is somewhere near 85% crti, cyclone crit capped without maligaros, thats why I wear Attack speed ES gloves. Thus my APS on Cyclone is 4,0+

Maybe now you understand the mana Issues. More APS = More Crits = More Discharges = More damage = more leech = more tankiness = more mana needed.

Feels very smooth unless in Grp with High HP bosses, thats where the mana drain starts.

Even with mana reg gear (another guild member is playing with 30+ mana reg without clarity) you get to the point where cyclone eats your mana.
Whats the point of stutterstepping cyclone? Well Brittle EMP got a bunch of HP in 4+ parties... + his stupid lifereg + crazy mods for waunt/rarity. Do you kill him with just holding down rightclick? I doubt it, especially with enfeeble for packsize....

Im really unsatisfied with the mana sustain as CI, but I see the benefits, Only died to bloodboil + reflect as CI so far, got 8k ES and ele weakness capped resistance.
For smooth playsyle id go so far to even skill mana reg in tree and get mana reg jewels (not droopping any ES or critmulti thought) + gettin specific ES gear with mana reg (or on elreon rings its nice). The "Shaper" node would be a cheap 40% mana reg, ofc 1%life reg wasted, but goin OOM is not cool as CI, no cyclone = no stun immunity.

Regarding Warlords mark:

Assassins Mark feels the saeme on Trash Mobs + gives 1.4x damage
On Curse Immune id have to use Clarity 20 anyway.
I hate to have to rely on a curse to sustain mana.
Dual curse Volls + enlighten 4 + blasphemy + warlods + assassins
+ another slot with enlighten 4 with discipline would be my dream I guess.
Could spend 4 Skillpoints on Reduced mana reserv under vaal pact
Or use enlighten 3 as above discribed and take the 4% node udner CI for 1 point.
Would still need dual curse.
Eleweakness would be more cool. Especially corrupted on Maligaros or smth ofc

Just some theorizing.

My updated gear in the spoiler. Always welcome for some Theorycrafting, Hit me Ingame boys and girls.

IGN: CoCEverything (yeah not creative, whatever x)

Spoiler

Last edited by Shamaniax on Jan 20, 2016, 7:06:55 AM
@Shamaniax

Yes, if you are smart and look for max AttackSpeed, with flask up you will not sustain mana UNLESS you use warlords, wich is my case, then you can drop LifeLeech from volls for IronWIll in my case, wich lower your cyclone mana to 4 or empower wich is more mana expensive. Then you do more damage, forget about assassims mark damage, feel safer.

Other option I will check later is Axium belt, wich gives mana leech and lot of ES, I think is very good option.
Found this build while looking to bust out a very old templar that I originally ran as a discharger. He only got to level 83 but has some decent gear to start with. Can I run the CI version of this build starting with Templar? What gear besides the Volls pieces are salvageable?

Thanks in advance,

Neurik

Last edited by Neurik on Jan 20, 2016, 9:09:01 AM
where the hell do you guys get these crazy high es shields from?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info