Multiboxers ruin the economy.

[Removed by Support]

If you want to play on standard (not that there's something wrong with it), you just have to adapt to the situation... I've been running Dominus in full praty for a few weeks, I got lucky and managed to get something ober 100ex. Geared up my character that I am still enjoying whenever I play it.
So out of the few weeks of boring Dominus MFing I got me much more hours of enjoyement out of the character the Dominus farming enabled me to play.

There's nothing wrong with it. Anyone can participate in any of these "currency making" activities, if you don't want to, than don't complain, because you can do something. It's not like "everyone is doing it but I can't, so unfair".
Alternatively, just play in the 3-4 month leagues. I don't want to say that there are no flippers or MFers, but you can obtain whatever you want much easier. Especially at the start of the league. You are not going to be running around with Standard mirrored gear but you don't need that stuff to even kill Uber Atziri.
kiwi nation
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Sep 25, 2014, 12:46:20 PM
"
Kujar3 wrote:
[Removed by Support]

If you want to play on standard (not that there's something wrong with it), you just have to adapt to the situation... I've been running Dominus in full praty for a few weeks, I got lucky and managed to get something ober 100ex. Geared up my character that I am still enjoying whenever I play it.
So out of the few weeks of boring Dominus MFing I got me much more hours of enjoyement out of the character the Dominus farming enabled me to play.

There's nothing wrong with it. Anyone can participate in any of these "currency making" activities, if you don't want to, than don't complain, because you can do something. It's not like "everyone is doing it but I can't, so unfair".
Alternatively, just play in the 3-4 month leagues. I don't want to say that there are no flippers or MFers, but you can obtain whatever you want much easier. Especially at the start of the league. You are not going to be running around with Standard mirrored gear but you don't need that stuff to even kill Uber Atziri.

Shhh mentioning standard is forbidden here!
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Nephalim wrote:
Hard to compare the impact of boxers vs botters vs prolific rmt'ers and true no lifers on the fragile poe econ.

As a renowned D2 botter and trader, I am in no way shape or form in denial about how things like this effect the game.

I was dirt broke while playing D2 regularly. I played A LOT for many years. What happened to change that? I caved and started botting pindle (the easiest and fastest mob to bot). I configured my loot settings and analyzed the forum trading market. I worked my prices accordingly almost as if I were an organized retailer.

1-2 weeks later...
I have accumulated 3 enigmas, high rolled annis and torches for all my chars.
Another 2 weeks later...
I have mules full of High Runes and nearly every FOTM dueling build decked out in "1-off-perfect" BiS gear.

Ragnarok Online? Same thing...
Dirt broke after playing the game for many years. Friend introduces me to botting. I accumulate 45mil in 1.5 weeks of botting.

Now I no longer do the whole botting thing, but I am not in denial about the state of botting and such activities in games that revolve around an economy and grinding for winning lotto ticket loot rolls.
Last edited by alg0801 on Sep 25, 2014, 12:20:26 PM
Another case of players being jealous of others wealth or gear in a pie based game.

Lazy players are lazy
"
THIS is the cause of 230ex shavs or mediocore 6L armors going for no less than 25ex. This is not obtainable through any legitimate means

Well that's blatantly false. Friend made 100s of exas last league by just farming for hopes and getting many drops while doing that.

PoE is restricted to two clients now so multiboxing is not popular at all even with workarounds.
Actually, the cause of 230ex shavs is that they're legacy. 25ex 6Ls because they're 6Ls and tabula rasa. With mediocre stats. Going to assume mediocre stats in standard is life tri-res or high dual.
"
POE202 wrote:
Another case of players being jealous of others wealth or gear in a pie based game.

Lazy players are lazy

Not jealous of wealth. I'm saying "wealth" in this game is only achievable through abuse/manipulation of the system outside of playing one game per one player.

-Multiboxing (inflates prices by injecting abnormal amounts of currency into the system)
-Botting (inflates prices by injecting abnormal amounts of currency into the system)
-RMT (caused by botting/multiboxing resulting in inflated prices)
-Viewers of livestreams donating items/currency (this is not a problem as it is a transfer of wealth)

You will not obtain wealth in this game in any reasonable amount of time even if you play it 8 hours per day 7 days per week.
Last edited by alg0801 on Sep 25, 2014, 12:41:05 PM
"
kasub wrote:
"
THIS is the cause of 230ex shavs or mediocore 6L armors going for no less than 25ex. This is not obtainable through any legitimate means

Well that's blatantly false. Friend made 100s of exas last league by just farming for hopes and getting many drops while doing that.

PoE is restricted to two clients now so multiboxing is not popular at all even with workarounds.

I own 4 laptops and 2 PCs all capable of running poe at 60+fps...as do many people these days.
"
alg0801 wrote:
"
POE202 wrote:

Lazy players are lazy

Not jealous of wealth. I'm saying "wealth" in this game is only achievable through abuse/manipulation of the system outside of playing one game per one player.

-Multiboxing
-Botting
-RMT
-Viewers of livestreams donating items/currency

You will not obtain wealth in this game in any reasonable amount of time even if you play it 8 hours per day 7 days per week.

You underestimate the power of no lifing and trading.

The richest people on the server are either people who rmt till their noses bleed or those who no-lifed for 6-12 months during critical junctures in poe nerfs(initial trading day where soul taker, koams, shavs was berfed).
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Some people will always find ways to earn more currency than you just because they will do everything for currency and not care about playing the game or not. I prefer playing and will never be rich. Do I care? 'Multiboxing' is only allowed 2 accounts per pc and you have to control each of them separately, so if people want to do this I'm fine with that, but I wouldn't enjoy that for very long.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info