Multiboxers ruin the economy.

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
alg0801 wrote:

I hope you realize that items costing 30ex is only considered cheap BECAUSE of multiboxing and the deflated value of currency.

nobody talking to you , you clearly have no idea what the hell you are talking about

You have zero concept of how an economy works even on a basic level.

Let's assume a "population" of 100 players...
If there is 1 exalt in circulation and you have 1 exalt, you are rich.
An item worth 1 exalt in this situation is extremely expensive.

If there is 100 exalts in circulation and you have 1 exalt, you are not rich.
The same item from above would be worth 100 exalts in this case.

You run Atziri in X amount of time spending 4 fragments. Fragments are also currency. Time is currency. X never changes and you're always spending a static amount of fragments PER RUN. You ALWAYS get a unique from a pool on kill. The value of that unique item should revolve around the value of fragments, difficulty, and drop rate of said unique item compared to the others in the drop pool vs the demand.

The only reason people will pay 30ex for one of these guaranteed uniques is because there are too many exalts in circulation, deflating their individual value. Digital economies never work unless the injection of new currency is balanced vs the rate that old currency leaves the system.

30ex-60ex used to be around the max that any BiS item would go for in the game. Compare that to today where crap like base white 6L's are posted for 20ex.
Last edited by alg0801 on Sep 26, 2014, 11:29:05 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
alg0801 wrote:

I hope you realize that items costing 30ex is only considered cheap BECAUSE of multiboxing and the deflated value of currency.

nobody talking to you , you clearly have no idea what the hell you are talking about

How are you this dumb? It's OBVIOUSLY how it works.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
"
alg0801 wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
alg0801 wrote:

You have zero concept of how an economy works even on a basic level.

Let's assume a "population" of 100 players...
If there is 1 exalt in circulation and you have 1 exalt, you are rich.
An item worth 1 exalt in this situation is extremely expensive.

If there is 100 exalts in circulation and you have 1 exalt, you are not rich.
The same item from above would be worth 100 exalts in this case.

You run Uber Atziri in X amount of time spending 4 fragments. Fragments are also currency. Time is currency. X never changes and you're always spending a static amount of fragments PER RUN. You ALWAYS get a unique from a pool on kill.

The only reason people will pay 30ex for one of these guaranteed uniques is because there are too many exalts in circulation, deflating their individual value. Digital economies never work unless the injection of new currency is balanced vs the rate that old currency leaves the system.

fallacy number 1:

you honestly think that multi boxing bosses some how prints exalted orbs. they dont , they print trash uniques to be vendored , rares to be turned into alts and chaos orbs and the occasional good unique that can be TRADED for exalted orbs.

but you don't MAKE exalted orbs from multi boxing.

fallacy number 2:

you never take into account the amount of time you waste picking up rares , porting in and out extra accounts , the time wasted leveling accounts, the time wasted selling crap , the time wasted storing crap.

getting a ton of rares can be a noob trap since you can waste upwards of 1 - 2 minutes vendoring that many items since it will take you 3 - 4 trips picking them all up. 1 -2 minutes is half of a fast dominus run.

if you honestly think exalted orbs are entering the game via multiboxing of all things then , you are less educated on the matter than i thought originally, which is an achievement in of itself .

exalted orbs enter the system , via botters and gold farmers and regular play.

your absolutely nuts to think otherwise

exalted orbs are the gold standard EXACTLY BECAUSE THEY AREN'T AFFECTED BY MULTI BOXING.

I mean holy crap this is basic poe knowledge here.

again take the time to actually learn the shit you are talking about before you pretend to be an expert on it. This level of zealous ignorance is painful to me
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Sep 26, 2014, 11:38:06 AM
What are you even talking about? It's exactly like "printing currency". I've told you ITT exactly how to do it.

Obtain as much IIR/IIQ as possible on a culler.
Run Vaal.
Cull Vaal.
Loot items based on how many rings/amulets you have (these are bottleneck)
Only pick up and UNID/sell to fill up inventory. Do not loot all.
Do not UNID your items.
Do not spend time trading unless you find a Unique you can flip. Post on 3rd party site to sell.
Sell sets of unid ilvl60 rares for 2 chaos.

I have spoken directly with multiboxers and they all claim to achieve around the same # of chaos per hour. Around 30~ guaranteed consistent sustained income. They are effectively printing chaos orbs faster than they can leave because there is not an adequate currency sink for chaos orbs. They also find exalts and other orbs in the process.

When a piece of the community hoards the majority of a currency, they are free to dictate the value of that currency. Who's buying more exalts? The guy who can farm 30c per hour multiclient or the guy who plays normally and MAYBE finds 1-2 per 2 hours.

Spiking your IIR/IIQ results in a larger number of items dropped per run. IN TOTAL, you will have more rings/amulets than a solo player resulting in a higher peak currency income rate. It is effectively printing chaos orbs.

THE MAIN CULPRITS are not your average player, they are your "Gold Farmers" who run a large number of parties 24/7 with the sole purpose of selling currency for real money. Average players that do this, are only doing it to try to keep up with the inflating prices.

"

exalted orbs are the gold standard EXACTLY BECAUSE THEY AREN'T AFFECTED BY MULTI BOXING.

"exalted orbs enter the system , via botters and gold farmers"
Last edited by alg0801 on Sep 26, 2014, 11:58:54 AM
You are waging the wrong campaign. Your campaign should be a petition for GGG to spend more effort and time into eliminating the "gold farmers". Your first post make no sense because multi-boxing in itself doesn't cause the ruination of the economy.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
"
Haderach99 wrote:
You are waging the wrong campaign. Your campaign should be a petition for GGG to spend more effort and time into eliminating the "gold farmers". Your first post make no sense because multi-boxing in itself doesn't cause the ruination of the economy.

You're probably right, but I see both as a problem.

Gold farmers are the primary abusers of multiclient farming. The POE economy inflated faster than any online economy ive ever seen. It took D2 many years before things were "inflated" to values in the tens of high runes...and that game was plagued by dupers.

Duping has a far larger impact on an online economy, yet D2 economy never inflated to the levels that you see in POE. Why is that?
Last edited by alg0801 on Sep 26, 2014, 11:56:03 AM
I still remember when Exalted Orbs were 20-25 Chaos , but then people like Manocean started to show people how to crash the market. I feel multiboxing is part of the problem together with that there is no real Chaos sink anymore.
"
Kamro wrote:
I still remember when Exalted Orbs were 20-25 Chaos , but then people like Manocean started to show people how to crash the market. I feel multiboxing is part of the problem together with that there is no real Chaos sink anymore.

Yea because chaos:exalt were never above 25:1 until this league.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Sep 26, 2014, 1:13:30 PM
"
alg0801 wrote:
What are you even talking about? It's exactly like "printing currency". I've told you ITT exactly how to do it.

Obtain as much IIR/IIQ as possible on a culler.
Run Vaal.
Cull Vaal.
Loot items based on how many rings/amulets you have (these are bottleneck)
Only pick up and UNID/sell to fill up inventory. Do not loot all.
Do not UNID your items.
Do not spend time trading unless you find a Unique you can flip. Post on 3rd party site to sell.
Sell sets of unid ilvl60 rares for 2 chaos.

I have spoken directly with multiboxers and they all claim to achieve around the same # of chaos per hour. Around 30~ guaranteed consistent sustained income. They are effectively printing chaos orbs faster than they can leave because there is not an adequate currency sink for chaos orbs. They also find exalts and other orbs in the process.

When a piece of the community hoards the majority of a currency, they are free to dictate the value of that currency. Who's buying more exalts? The guy who can farm 30c per hour multiclient or the guy who plays normally and MAYBE finds 1-2 per 2 hours.

Spiking your IIR/IIQ results in a larger number of items dropped per run. IN TOTAL, you will have more rings/amulets than a solo player resulting in a higher peak currency income rate. It is effectively printing chaos orbs.

THE MAIN CULPRITS are not your average player, they are your "Gold Farmers" who run a large number of parties 24/7 with the sole purpose of selling currency for real money. Average players that do this, are only doing it to try to keep up with the inflating prices.

"

"exalted orbs enter the system , via botters and gold farmers"

chaos orbs =/= exalted orbs , you said the value of exalted orbs are diminishing because multiboxers were introducing exalted orbs into the system.

consistency please , what the fuck are you talking about.

are you talking about exalted orbs? or are we talking chaos orbs, because the only thing farming chaos orbs does is decrease the value of chaos orbs.

"I hope you realize that items costing 30ex is only considered cheap BECAUSE of multiboxing and the deflated value of currency." this is what you said

note you said ex which is exalted orbs , this implies that you believe multiboxing some how devalues the exalted orb. when the reality is the exact opposite

multi boxing =/= botting , learn the definition please
gold farmers =/= multi boxing , learn the definition please
regular play =/= gold farming , again learn the definition

multi boxing is the use of multiple clients which you control one at a time usually in the action of farming a boss where you dont need to control all accounts at once. thus the impact of multi boxing is limited to what ever the boss can drop.

but since act bosses cant drop everything reliably then there are things in the economy that really are not affected by it. namely act bosses dont drop high currency or indeed any currency all that often.

multi clienting is technically a sub class of multi boxing but the end effect is the same

botting requires the use of programs to emulate player actions they are on a level so far above multi boxing that i should not even need to state this shit.

you need to be carful on what you are communicating.

because chaos orbs are not fragments and they are not exalted orbs. and if all this thread really is about is the chaos orb recipe then dear lord , use the search function because there are 1000s of threads on that topic already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info