Multiboxers ruin the economy.

How is this bad you say? Tell me another way a player can farm 30+ chaos per hour.

And then you realize that currency farmers are abusing this to stock their inventory by bringing in more currency than is being flushed out.

THIS is the cause of 230ex shavs or mediocore 6L armors going for no less than 25ex. This is not obtainable through any legitimate means UNLESS you either get lucky or you want to sit in town and take the time to flip currency. I personally would rather PLAY the game while I spend as little time in trade chat as possible to move only mid-high value items.

OR you multibox yourself.

The "Pro" multiboxers even load their culler up with as much IIR/IIQ as possible so that on death, said boss pops 30+ rares out per run. They are literally tripling or quadrupling your efficiency for the same time spent. With 30+ rares popping per run, you're not going to be bottlenecked by rings/amulets like a normal player. You're free to fill your stash with unid rares for the chaos vendor recipe.

You will also have a MUCH higher chance of directly finding currency or uniques that you can flip for exalts.

I honestly don't know what GGG can do outside of altering the way Act bosses drop loot. These sorts of problems occur in every single ARPG on the market.
Last edited by alg0801 on Sep 25, 2014, 11:56:26 AM
That sounds like work...
Post like this ruin the economy.

Ye.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
biomuesli wrote:
That sounds like work...

It's no more monotonous than running Vaal yourself for unids. All you do instead is port in your filler chars and keep your culler safe. The rest can die or whatever, it doesn't matter.
So does RMTing and scamming, but here we are.
"just for try, for see and for know"
"
jdilly23 wrote:
So does RMTing and scamming, but here we are.

RMTing is due to a combination of multiboxing/botting.

Scamming, not sure how you can regulate that unless you actively monitor a report function and trade logs.
Hard to compare the impact of boxers vs botters vs prolific rmt'ers and true no lifers on the fragile poe econ.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"I honestly don't know what GGG can do"

What makes you think they want to do anything about it?
"
Nephalim wrote:
Hard to compare the impact of boxers vs botters vs prolific rmt'ers and true no lifers on the fragile poe econ.

This. Though it's easiest for GGG to detect botters vs. real person boxers.
Wow, that sounds like an effective and legit strategy to save up loads of currency!

Congratz on finding out! Now what exactly keeps you from using it yourself? (besides laziness I mean)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info