The Cold Cannon [HC] Projectile CoCS Wand ~ Avoidance / Flask / Coil / Resistance Tank

I didn't include it because I haven't tried it with the build myself. I'll look into it. Thanks.
same name in-game
They are good, but i'm not sure you will see the difference much. I mean the difference in crit is quite big, but as they don't refill (no surgeon) the difference on bosses will last 5s and they you're done. 80 charges per use...

Really helped with my quill rain, but now that my crits are reliable, not so much, i could hit them for more damage but always forget.

I think the mana pot is a bit of a waste of space though. Atziri's promise, rumi's, 3/4 res flask, 2 hp pots, quicksilver, jade, diamond, I wish I had 10 spots there, can't waste one for mana!

At first i was using a thief's torment, but 2 slots for that, a bit too much.

Today i bought that for cheap:

The test worked, totally enough to sustain every barrage.

Ok the ring is not the best, the choice of corrupted rings is not huge, but the idea is to solve all mana issues trading 1 single implicit. Other idea would be to use mana leech but i'm not sure I do enough physical damage.

Although best idea would be to run 2 elreon's ring, to be able to reserve all mana. But i'm not rich enough for that one cause i'm pretty sure yolo exalting won't get very good stuff ^^ and it's already 3ex/ring.
Last edited by Squirrel_of_doom on Oct 13, 2014, 4:03:36 PM
Personally I quite like the Hallowed Hybrid Flask because not only is it mana recovery, but significant mana recovery and negates the risk of Corrupting Blood. Though, to each his own.

I don't think Diamond Flask is worth it, after trying it out. It's for the same reason as Squirrel_of_doom says above.
same name in-game
I think spectral throw works better overall because of the desync caused by barrage, especialy with crit daggers nods in passive tree
"
reskone wrote:
I think spectral throw works better overall because of the desync caused by barrage, especialy with crit daggers nods in passive tree

Spectral Throw loses its momentum significantly for single targets while barrage just keeps going. Since wands have higher base crit, you don't have to spend many points on specific crit nodes so dagger nodes would be a waste of points if you were to adapt this build to daggers (I have 87.8% crit chance with 6 power charges and only global crit nodes which is more than enough, running a variation of the build that goes into witch area, more like ChesterSam's).
As for desync, it's not barrage that causes it, it's namelocking monsters with barrage that does it. With spectral throw you just shoot in a monster's general direction and it's bound to hit something while barrage requires more precise aiming. And monsters are 80% of the time not in the same position on the client and server. There's no knockback on wand barrage like there is with bows (if you use king of the hill passive) so you're not completely boned.

Spectral Throw is still a perfectly valid coc skill, but not so much for a build like this one where you're looking to spend as least points on specific crit nodes as possible while still maintaining decent crit chance, and investing more heavily in defenses, especially flasks.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
well with crit dagger nods i reach realy high crit chance on spectral throw

i know barrage is better but even if i understand how the desync works i find it realy bother me

here is my build on shadow coc : https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2VUth4iaVFr8DHh9BBiO1SG1s8-rndCoL6NZwUiLq6xTN6gW1idObtY2_1CNw1cM6UUf66zBxXfLKSudUMHyS892oDkhvniT9fyuNfV5FS3gRlpyk8bPWinfXI_Y6QpAbBx6HE0tXVvpNknBWlS53B8Dj_MWaE_DVZ6Db1I_6SVGHduv1Sn1knfIdgwl46wqb5wrvetN-fXX-uhmK-wn22hqPmyYyAbIZz3r_3rvjxKI2PZ2qbIxirGND

if u have any tips :) ...
kolton, I agree with your post completely. I really don't have anything to add as you pretty much explained my entire point of view on this discussion. :p

reskone, your tree looks good as is for a dagger version. The only thing I'd suggest is getting Depth Perception for your next three levels, as the accuracy should help quite a bit. From there just delve into remaining nearby life + evasion nodes and you should be solid.
same name in-game
Just a little update with my current character. For a few days I was buying Cloaks of Defiance non-stop, getting them to 6 sockets if they weren't already, and spamming Orbs of Fusing until I got 5/6 linked sockets. I sold every 5L until I got a 6L, and finally got it the other day after 37 5Ls and 3 no links (which are as rare as 6Ls). So I profited 30ex+ and was able to buy some really great items because of it, and am trying to complete my character's gear as I level up.

So far this is what I'm wearing with my level 74 character:

Gear

The helm, Ruby Ring, and belt are temporary. I'm trying to acquire some really GG stuff to replace them. Ideally I want another Diamond Ring, a belt with increased flask duration, and a helmet with top tier life, chaos resistance, lightning resistance, and fire/cold resistance.

You can see I'm not using an Amethyst Flask. Instead I have a Quicksilver Flask with the same modifiers. This is because with gear I have 9% chaos resistance, which has been awesome. The movement speed boost for such a long duration is really great.

I'm also now using Reduced Duration instead of Faster Casting with Lightning Warp. It's much faster because Lightning Warp's quality gives 30% cast speed, which is great.

It's also worth noting that the +5 Mana Gained on Kill from my gloves is really quite nice. When clearing trash I almost never have to actually use the Hallowed Hybrid Flask, though I always do in intervals against rare enemies just in case of Corrupting Blood.

Overall, I plan on trying to perfect the build because it's probably the best combination of offense and defense I've played thus far. I'm really enjoying being able to wreck pretty much anything.
same name in-game
When talking about your wand, you said:
"
Although it is a rare item, it should be seen as unique. The modifiers needed on it are pretty much set in stone, and the combination of them is so rare that you might as well craft it yourself. Later in the guide I explain exactly how to do so.

I haven't been able to find your info on crafting wands. Any chance you might post an update with tips?

I'm trying this build right now and it's great fun. Thanks for sharing.
Ah sorry, I accidentally left that in from when I was beginning to edit the crafting guide in.

Speaking of so, I just finished that and included it at the end of the guide.

It's good to hear you like the build!
same name in-game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info