The Cold Cannon [HC] Projectile CoCS Wand ~ Avoidance / Flask / Coil / Resistance Tank

An /oos macro. :)

Edit: Not sure why this double posted. I thought that bug was fixed?
same name in-game
Last edited by iao on Oct 11, 2014, 1:28:44 PM
its not, when i kite some beyond for example i see myself kiting but it never crit, and when i stop attacking i just get teleported into the beyond pack
and thx for the /oos i didnt know that :), how u does your maccro work ?
Hehe I meant the double posting bug, not that there was something buggy with Barrage.

Yeah, any time you see some weird desync going on you should use /oos, which you'll find is pretty frequent. I use Autohotkey and create an .ahk file with the following as part of its contents:

"

NoEnv
SendMode Input
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%

`::
IfWinActive, Path of Exile
{
WinActivate
BlockInput On
SendInput, {Enter}
Sleep, 20
SendInput, {/}oos
SendInput, {Enter}
BlockInput Off
}
return

Save the file, and run it with Autohotkey. It makes so that when I press the tilde/grave accent key in-game, it types and enters /oos in the chat.

Change the "`" to whatever key you want on your keyboard, though preferably one that doesn't already have a use in-game. For example, "F5", "6", etc.

Treat it like a desync recovery flask with a 10 second cooldown. :p
same name in-game
Last edited by iao on Oct 11, 2014, 8:10:28 PM
I was finally able to craft my wand!

Not the best hybrid spell damage, but at least I got that modifier at all. It was the only one I was aiming for, seeing as how Catarina doesn't offer it with her bench like Tora and Vagan offer hybrid physical damage.

Fun fact: someone called me an idiot for making this wand, saying it was terrible. He even persisted when I said it was for CoCS. I had a hearty lol.
same name in-game
Thanks for the maccro :)

Btw how did u get all your potions ?

i checked on poe.trade i never seen any dispell bleeding + charge on critical hit, same for jade and others
Last edited by reskone on Oct 12, 2014, 3:06:54 PM
about wands how u get those "muliple mods can be crafted", for example i cant craft additional spell dmg on mine because i already have it on the wand
I crafted most of the flasks myself. It required quite a lot of Orbs of Alteration!

"Can have multiple Crafted Mods" is a modifier that Elreon provides when you bring him to reputation level 8. It is his meta crafting mod, and costs 2 Exalted Orbs. I didn't have him at that level myself, I buy them from someone else who provides master crafting services (Goratha in my case).

What I did was use Orbs of Alteration on an itemlevel 73+ Engraved Wand until it hit the highest local critical strike chance, and gamble by using a Regal Orb on it. The goal is to get the hybrid spell damage and mana mod so you can craft the exact stats I put on the one I linked. It's also okay if you get any of the mods I put on the wand myself, as long as it's higher than than what can be provided by a master.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention: I tried the temporary Righteous Fire method some people use with softcore CoCS builds and it actually works quite well. You would just need dispels burning on the instant Divine Life Flask instead of dispels shocked, and use a Ruby Flask instead of an Amethyst Flask. You just need to keep using the life recovery flask and you'll have positive life regen to counteract Righteous Fire.
same name in-game
Last edited by iao on Oct 12, 2014, 3:49:49 PM
I've remade the Equipment section of the guide and Gems will be next. I've also added a new skill tree variation for if you want another 1% maximum fire/lightning/cold resistance at the cost of some life nodes.
same name in-game
Any reason you don't mention diamond in your flasks section? Your spells are most likely right in the range where they get the most possible benefit from the lucky rolls, and it allows you to effectively overcap your barrage crit chance for the duration.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info