The Cold Cannon [HC] Projectile CoCS Wand ~ Avoidance / Flask / Coil / Resistance Tank

Oh and another way end game item would be +1 atziri's step. I have about 9 of them in stash atm i'm gonna link/socket/color them in a few hours and see if I get any :P. Pretty pricey in standard atm 7-12ex
Haha nice! That'd be really great as well. Good luck with the corruptions!
same name in-game
Wait Herald of Lightning can't shock, can it? Or are you counting on the little bit of lightning damage and spell crit?

I'm not sure whether I'll use it or not. I'm not planning on running a lot of auras; I'd probably either have to drop Grace, pick up aura nodes, orcraft up a pair of Elreon rings.
I'm counting on the added lightning damage to spells.

If this screenshot is anything to go by, it adds higher damage on average than Herald of Ice. To be precise, compared to level 2 Herald of Ice it provides 37.5% higher average damage per hit.

Another thing to take in account is that it, like other sources of lightning damage, has a very large damage range (that is to say, very low minimum damage and very high maximum damage). Because there are so many hits from this build, it's likely that some of the critical hits will roll high in that range.

And on top of that, while the enemy is already shocked, it can be hit again by another critical hit with another high roll in the lightning damage range so an instance of shock with higher duration will then be applied.

To be honest, I'm somewhat confident that with enough critical strike multiplier, even bosses will be shocked. The individual shock durations won't last long, but the many hits will be keep reapplying shock so as long as I keep attacking, it'll be constant. It's kind of like how Flame Totem is able to shock even without critical strikes.
same name in-game
Toying with the skill tree a bit in preparation for the release of Herald of Thunder, I found that it is indeed possible to stretch across for Alchemist it just requires a high level to be justifiable. That is simply because the amount of life one would lose in comparison to the default version.

Along with that, I took the Influence cluster for the reduced mana reservation and the increased effect of auras. Doing so allows for using both Herald of Ice and Herald of Thunder with an Alpha's Howl for a damage oriented version, but also gives another +1% to maximum elemental resistances. Oh and there's the other power charge as well, which is awesome.

With Saffell's Frame and the three Purity auras, the baseline elemental resistances are 84%. However, if using an Alpha's Howl and have a level 21 Purity, it'll put you at 85%. Either three of the elemental flasks will bring their respective elemental resistance up to 97%/98%.

So needless to say, with the high level version of this build both normal and uber Atziri should be possible. It also means you can run Righteous Fire pretty much all the time if you have a Ruby Flask. If you have an Alpha's Howl which makes you freeze immune, you'd put "Dispels Burning" on your Seething Life Flask, and "Dispels Shock" on your Surgeon's Life Flask. This will allow you to use the latter to constantly counteract the fire damage over time and use the instant flask to turn Righteous Fire off.

tl;dr crazy buffs with better high level trees and Herald of Thunder.
same name in-game
But again, what's your source of shock? Herald of Thunder itself can't. Or did they clarify that to be the bolts only?
ZiggyD made it confusing. You can't shock with the storm herald effect of the spell, but you will almost certainly be able to with the lightning damage added to your attacks/spells.

On the skill tooltip it says "Cannot Shock" which means it only applies to the skill. If the added lightning damage couldn't shock, there would be additional information stating that it cannot.

Plus I highly doubt it would work that way anyways. There would need to be a hell of a lot of coding done to make sure it'd work properly. For example, how would it work if the lightning damage that can't shock was added to a skill that already had lightning damage, which inherently can shock? It seems pretty unintuitive and convoluted, which isn't GGG's style.

Edit: After testing it, yes it does work.
same name in-game
Last edited by iao on Oct 22, 2014, 10:25:43 PM
Well I made it to Piety with my squishy softcore version and killed her in about three seconds. I set out to hit the DPS/reflect wall and then see if I could actually deal with it after getting tired of slow clears with my melee mara. Doing his with a 5L is totally possible if you're willing to run a second GMP/barrage/PCoC to supplement to AM charge generation. Finicky but doable.

So first goal for this build already achieved with basically nothing invested yet, I have no doubt I'll be bale to instagib Piety and Dom with four more gem levels, ~15 planned levels, and basically all the gearing yet to go.
Ah nice! I'm glad to know you're enjoying it. I'm sure you'll enjoy the leveling process, as skill tree points and good gear makes a huge difference in the power of the build. :)

Perhaps you'll prefer Power Siphon over Barrage for the PCoC setup. It takes less time, it has Culling Strike for bosses (so you can replace GMP with Item Rarity), and if you cull an enemy it'll give you another Power Charge so that can be helpful.

I'll be updating the first post with more information on the dual Herald setup changes involving Alpha Howl and etc. soon. This'll come with the full details on the gem setup because the changes are interconnected.
same name in-game
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1080932

what do you think about this way to play CoC ?
A friend wanna try it but it seems for me that the survivability looks low on this build, can u give me your opinions since u know better than me ^^ ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info