[Beyond] Killed by Ignition - Cloak of Flame RighteousFire 4.4k Tooltip flameblast Ignite!

"
MegaMerc wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how he wasn't losing life with this build.

He had 5123 life. RF would do 4611 damage per second to him.
Max fire res is 75% + 4% Saffel's + 4% Purity of Fire + 1% on the tree = 84% max resist.
4611 damage * 16% damage not resisted = 738 damage per second.

Now for the regen... 12.1% regen from the tree +1.65% from vitality = 13.75% life regen.
5123 life * 13.75% = 704 life regen per second.

What am I missing? How is he not degening?

he takes only 90% dmg from rf.since he capped till 84 max resist.he needs 6 more life regen to maintain and extra life regen is for safer side purpose .so he is immune to fire dmg if he uses his ruby flasks
Losing maybe 1% hp/sec to RF isnt really a big deal. I have no problem playing life builds with bloodrage losing more than 6% hp/sec. But guess you could use RoTP in weapon swap between packs for regen without flaks.
Wanted to post how i was doing with this build since OP stormed off.

Currently level 78, the Cloak of Flame and Mokou's unique synergize so well, but you really need better survivability later. It's impressive how well OP did with cloak, and it's a great leveling item up to 70 maps, but i needed to upgrade when i got past that.

Current Gear
Spoiler

Lighting Coil is a straight upgrade from Cloak of Flame, but you need to drop both Mokou's since they are worthless without the phys conversion to fire. If you're playing rampage you can stick with cloak/mokous, because the damage and castspeed is crazy, but i felt that i needed to use Coil in beyond.

I don't have nearly as much strength as OP does, but my damage is good and hopefully i can upgrade my gear again soon to hit that 700 str.
Glad to see I am not the only one who has still been enjoying this build (although on SC). Just hit 70 so I haven't really had any issues with defense yet, and I am really enjoying the synergies. Was looking at your gem setup and wondering if you dropped Elemental Equilibrium from the build, since it looks like you are just using flameblast and molten shield? How do you like spell echo with flameblast? I actually swapped out ice nova for arc, with curse on hit flammability, and I just alternate arc/FB to use EE to the fullest. Plus I am seeing shock more frequently than I expected, which is a nice bonus. I've had no issues with maps up to 70-71 so far, but wondering how the DPS will do in higher maps, especially if I were to drop mokous and CoF for a more defensive setup.
"
Dr_Random wrote:
Glad to see I am not the only one who has still been enjoying this build (although on SC). Just hit 70 so I haven't really had any issues with defense yet, and I am really enjoying the synergies. Was looking at your gem setup and wondering if you dropped Elemental Equilibrium from the build, since it looks like you are just using flameblast and molten shield? How do you like spell echo with flameblast? I actually swapped out ice nova for arc, with curse on hit flammability, and I just alternate arc/FB to use EE to the fullest. Plus I am seeing shock more frequently than I expected, which is a nice bonus. I've had no issues with maps up to 70-71 so far, but wondering how the DPS will do in higher maps, especially if I were to drop mokous and CoF for a more defensive setup.

I can switch into EE whenever, but i feel like i don't need it right now. My Flameblast tooltip is only 1.5k, but my RF + Molten Shell combo is more than enough dps to clear out packs. Just hit 5.4k HP, and i can walk into most blue / white mobs and not take much damage. With spell echo i charge up to 10 stacks in about 2 seconds. It's kind of scary, and i feel like if i die it's going to be to ele reflect on demons that pop up as i cast it. But that's the game, and I'm having way more fun with the build since switching to LC.

Here's my current build at 79. I don't have nearly as much DPS as OP, but i'm clearing maps fine solo and in full partys.

Just got the last %health node i was next to, so i'm probably going to get block nodes until i die / get bored of the character. As for gear upgrades, i need to find gloves / helmet / ammy with super str rolls, and then i'm pretty set. Been thinking about making my own thread with how i leveled and how i transitioned to RF, but idk if my build is unique enough to bother. I will help anybody in this thread who is interested in RF though, it's surprisingly cheap since the only unique you really need is the phoenix shield.

The most important thing OP did with this thread is showing how good Cloak of Flame is though. Most people consider it a trash unique, but the synergy he showed with cloak + mokous is really cool, and i hope more people use the combo for leveling.
Last edited by boxiii on Sep 30, 2014, 10:09:05 PM
"
boxiii wrote:

Why take the +10 life node at the scion start and not a +4% life +6% armour in the marauder area. And wouldn't taking the fire damage nodes on the way to arsonist be better than the burn nodes?

Btw OP did kill some really high lvl bosses in the video he sadly deleted, his defences cant have been that bad. I will probably take the duration nodes though and self cast immortal call to deal with phys dmg and keep saffell's.
"
Grildrak wrote:
"
boxiii wrote:

Why take the +10 life node at the scion start and not a +4% life +6% armour in the marauder area. And wouldn't taking the fire damage nodes on the way to arsonist be better than the burn nodes?

Btw OP did kill some really high lvl bosses in the video he sadly deleted, his defences cant have been that bad. I will probably take the duration nodes though and self cast immortal call to deal with phys dmg and keep saffell's.

Wow i have no idea why i grabbed that, respeccing it right now. That life node and the one in marauder don't do much, and is a wasted point. I plan on using a saffels on weapon switch for certain bosses, and i saw the video before it was removed, it was impressive. I can do courtyard boss fine, but he did a double piety i believe and that still sounds scary.

I also take the burn nodes because i want RF damage not flameblast dmg
Last edited by boxiii on Oct 1, 2014, 4:48:37 AM
I am currently lvl 74 with it and I am starting to think using saffells for RF isnt that good before you have lvl 20 purity or fire and vitality (I only have lvl 17 gems atm). Thinking of also temporary going RoTP. And without saffell's maybe cloak of flame/mokou's isnt the best. I will probably farm a bit to be able to replace them with some normal hp/resist/str gear until my gems are higher and then go back to this builds key items.
Really wish OP had stayed around to explain how he did it before getting perfect gems and all.

Edit: died to opening an identified strong box with the explosion mod while farming piety without using my cold snap traps or popping a ruby (really stupid of me) as I didnt expect the explosion from a low lvl box could hurt me at 4.7k hp and 82% fire res. I guess they can crit.. the mobs did the last ~100dmg :(
But did some testing of the build in standard and it can already do mid 70 maps fine without dying (didnt really dare try that in beyond).

Gear
didnt run RF at this point due to not being able to sustain it on saffell's without better aura gems. Still had 1.3k flameblast dmg

I may play a bit more on it in standard just to test harder content maybe atziri at some point if I can make myself level him a bit more (kinda sad about the death and dont really feel like playing standard)
Last edited by Grildrak on Oct 3, 2014, 2:11:45 AM
Still going strong, haven't leveled much because i got a perma freeze witch to maps, but i am almost at 6k life and go through maps pretty easy. Accidentally used a full charged flameblast on an ele reflect mob without ruby, and lived, so I'm pretty happy with how my build is going. I mapped in some 70-74 with saffels instead of RotP, and it just isn't as good. I guess the extra res and spellblock is good if you are still using Cloak of Flame and Mokous, but it's really a sub-optimal way to go. The whole Cloak/Mokous build is very interesting and it was awesome to level with, but i feel that it drops off too hard.

Current gear for those interested

Spoiler

Played with Pyre ring for a bit but i needed the int and more life on a ring. I also keep a bone offering in my inv to clear out bodies when I'm worried about detonate dead beyond mobs or strongboxes.
Following your guide and this char is amazing fun.
Just hit level 79 and 5k life.
Here my gear so far for those interested:
Gear

IGN: ArrowInYourForsakenKnee

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info