Petition to GGG: Overall Game Performance

+1
+1
"
Nubatron wrote:
Spoiler
"
symban wrote:
It is not junk. I see that you wrote on this thread so many times. It is mostly derail posts written in well grammar, nothing more.

People mention about GGG implementing features that make desynch and performance issues worse; such as Haku, maps with level design that has too narrow corridors filled with clutter, rain added to more maps, fracture mode being one of Zana's main mods, flight map mod, exiles in strongboxes not having assets preloaded etc etc.

All %100 things in control and power of GGG.

And you come here talk about vacuming the hardware. This is derail at its best.

Hah. That was in response to someone else talking about their issues that were not desync related so if anything, someone else "derailed" but you don't want to call out Mivo...please quote the post that was not on topic that was not in response to someone else, please.

Discussing the root cause of the problem..and more specifically discussing the less sound foundation of the idea is completely on topic. Someone could start a thread stating stop federal taxes, +1 if you agree. The person who responds with anything other than +1 will be hammered. Taxes are not popular. But someone should mention the downside to the idea. This particular idea was half baked IMHO and needed the balance of someone outside the "I hate taxes" crowd.

Some are just not able to accept a nuanced position, like the one I am taking in this thread. Black or white? There will be no gray. That is unfortunate because I believe the answer to this problem is solidly in the gray area.

And btw, the stop taxes petition would be just effective at actually addressing the problem. It won't.

You are doing it again. You cherry pick things and *educate* us (in your own words), ignoring the all the other stuff people tell.

This thread is not about "why desynch and performance issue exist?", it is about "why when desynch and performance issues are not addressed, more features that make it worse are implemented?"

I will give you back your own example: There is a difference between "we hate taxes, remove them" and "we hate taxes being wasted on remaking pavements that were just fine, stop remaking damn pavements every 3 months".

If you want to get back on the rail, please comment on the bolded part of my quote (which you very conveniently avoided again).
Last edited by symban on Sep 23, 2014, 11:42:40 PM
Would love to see some optimizations.

Nobody needs grafix, but everybody loves to kill monsters!
Right now even with a good rig, POE is one of the few games that isnt running 100% smooth.
And thats kinda sad sitting on a i7 with a fresh installed OS and SSD, completly overwhelmed by desperation, because partyplay still can be stuttering @ hd if the "wrong" skillcombo/microtransaction char spawns in.
SSD fixed the strongbox and exile freezes for me. but my 280x still gets sometimes down to 16!fps on some particular map mods/explosion/discharge combos and that is completly unacceptable.

I love your game GGG but i hate your decisions and implemented desync monsters since a year.
Please give the players better options to scale and overthink some decisions with particular desync leapers/chargers.

And could we finaly PLEASE get a /oos button binded, because everyone uses it anyway constantly

+1

p.s: i even throw in another 50 bucks now and get another supporter pack, so get your coder and give him some smoke, so he can immediately start with an open mind and no clue at all.
best preconditions for doing great things and we need change!
Last edited by blackstar on Sep 23, 2014, 11:59:26 PM
with all these packs my friends and others bought, its kind of sad to see that game isn't optimized and those money are going to something else.
"
Puraime wrote:
with all these packs my friends and others bought, its kind of sad to see that game isn't optimized and those money are going to something else.

It is going to new content developed, such as forsaken masters and the new acts on the way. There is nothing wrong with that.

What is wrong is that the new content and the way they are implemented ignore the limitations of the current engine.

Just imagine for a moment how much difference these things would do without actually fixing desynch or performance issues:

- Toggle on/off weather effects
- Toggle on/off MTX effects
- Toggle on/off (or sliding limiter) for particles
- Map level design with minimal clutter, just big clear obstacles in certain portions
- Rogue Exile assets loading when the strongbox is rolled
- Summon assets Rogue Exiles and certain unique monsters being loaded with map/strongbox roll
- Map level design with wider passages
- Haku mission rework in terms of invulnerable totem placement
- Speed cap for mobs to the limit where engine can actually handle (so they dont turn into desynch monsters with flight mod, especially those snakes)

These are just some examples what can be done without actually fixing anything.
+1
completely agree with the OP

"
symban wrote:

Just imagine for a moment how much difference these things would do without actually fixing desynch or performance issues:

- Map level design with minimal clutter, just big clear obstacles in certain portions
- Summon assets Rogue Exiles and certain unique monsters being loaded with map/strongbox roll
- Speed cap for mobs to the limit where engine can actually handle (so they dont turn into desynch monsters with flight mod, especially those snakes)

great suggestions, really hope that they will implement them
"
symban wrote:
"
Puraime wrote:

It is going to new content developed, such as forsaken masters and the new acts on the way. There is nothing wrong with that.

What is wrong is that the new content and the way they are implemented ignore the limitations of the current engine.

Many things listed there, aside from new content-related problems, has been talked about almost a year by now, I just think there isn't much excuses GGG can make or community can make that "those money are going to new content" if they had A LOT OF TIME to fix it.

If the game has been around, for year and it's still feels like open beta (though it is release) it is just ridiculous to me.
Last edited by Puraime on Sep 24, 2014, 5:54:06 AM
i find it rather mind boggling, that desync basically makes certain skills practically useless... like shield bash.
+1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info