"
"
Eternallight wrote:
"
Stoutarm wrote:
-1 this thread.

[Removed by Support]

"

Why do people hate the rain? I never had a single problem with any part of the game where it rains and i been through em all. The only thing that did lag me out a bit was merveils water pillars and thats about it.

Just because you dont have problems, does not mean other people dont as well. It is a pretty large fail to assume that just because things work for you, they all work for everyone else. I mean, unless the whole world is living inside your home and uses your PC to play PoE... then carry on!

Well, they already are working on it so i dont see this thread doing anything but sit here and add to the pile of data that the internet has accumulated over the years. And dedicating weeks or month or however long you think it would take to "fix" desync is just not reasonable. I want my act 4 and i want my temp leagues and i sure as hell want my races. Screw the desync, since, yes, it affects me little, i dont care what it does to anyone else.

And thats perfectly reasonable, except what happens when they add so much smart dodging requirements that it does start to effect you? Because by "not effecting you" what that really means is you just dont notice the desynch when it does happen. (or you are living on a server location)
And if you close your eyes, does it feel like your exalt almost hit this time~
+1
Dear GGG, please let us the choice to disable rain and other stuff like this, for god sake, seriously.
And occasionaly fix the freeze when we open a strongbox please.
Ho and also...please fix the memory leak. (2-4 hours of POE = up to 1.XX-2 GB memory consumption followed by a crash )
Last edited by lecode on Sep 23, 2014, 5:39:34 PM
+ 1 , PoE 2 confirmed .
"
Zed_ wrote:
The points that the people complaining don't know the first thing about software develpoment and are playing on coffee machines - are moot. All we need to do is compare performance with other games in the genre. It is a lot worse - with the same ISP, same coffee machine and so on. And it's not like this game has amazing graphics or gameplay features that overshadow what all those other games have (on the contrary).

- Desync. It's here to stay, we've heard it already. Forces me to scrap all builds that require meaningful aiming. An inconvenience, but ok I'll live with it. There are ways to work around it with regards to survival.

- On-the-fly asset loading. This has actually forced me to abandon all hardcore play. I am very disappointed by that but the screen freezes are just too long to handle. I would welcome an option to turn off the display of all MTX effects. This could be implemented in a very short time I would imagine and would eliminate the majority of these events (rogue exiles using 2342 mtx effects, reworked/new bosses using mtx spells etc.). I expect it's not going to happen.

The OP's point is don't make it worse before making it better, and I would very much agree with that.

+1 on this
The day I missclick on a strongbox and die because of rogue exile loading is the day I go to sc :(
I've been trying for a long time to get GGG to stop adding things that make desync worse...to no effect. They just keep adding more and more things that are completely disagreeable to how the netcode and engine work. I still enjoy the game but it is quite frustrating that they don't listen to anyone on this front.
"
Nubatron wrote:

It is unfortunately never as simple as HW spec dump.

What OS?
OS config/settings?
Patch level?
Inventory of running processes?
lAN configuration
Age of HW?
Ambient temperature inside case?
CPU temp?
Overclocked?
Type of RAM?
How recently have you vacuumed inside of machine? (Seriously)
(Everything else)

None of which are what causes desync.
You sound just like GGG blowing this off like it must be any number of things.

desync has nothing to do with anything above assuming we're on the same page.
People that play games on toasters, buy prebuilts and expect it to work flawlessly with little to no tech knowledge and don't take care of their PC deserve trouble, but this isn't what desync is.
"
"
Nubatron wrote:

What OS?
OS config/settings?
Patch level?
lAN configuration
Age of HW?
CPU temp?
Overclocked?
Type of RAM?
(Everything else)

People that play games on toasters, buy prebuilts and expect it to work flawlessly with little to no tech knowledge and don't take care of their PC deserve trouble, but this isn't what desync is.

Which is the constant problem of white knight defenders who always assume that desynch is only caused by a bad pc and that there is no other problem in existance.
And if you close your eyes, does it feel like your exalt almost hit this time~
+1 to being able to turn off chosen effects. I encounter a rogue exile and my computer starts groaning because of all the mtx, huge speed of the exile, and the massive amount of visual spam, not to mention they turn up most often with a box of some sort.

There are ways around strongboxes but it's not terribly reasonable to force everyone, in a limited-gems environment, to carry smoke mines or lightning warp. It artificially limits the game.

When I turned up to play, I thought 'great game!'. Then I stopped playing the melee character I made (aren't melee characters supposed to be the go-to 'can survive easier' class in ARPG lore?) because of the terrible desync issues, just using cleave !

(I then went back and picked up Resolute Technique later, just to try to address desync)
Last edited by davidnn5 on Sep 23, 2014, 7:24:31 PM
"
Eternallight wrote:
"
"
Nubatron wrote:

What OS?
OS config/settings?
Patch level?
lAN configuration
Age of HW?
CPU temp?
Overclocked?
Type of RAM?
(Everything else)

Which is the constant problem of white knight defenders who always assume that desynch is only caused by a bad pc and that there is no other problem in existance.

Did you guys actually read or are you just following like sheep? That comment was In response to the performance of the persons game as a whole which included removing particles. Frame drops, freezes, and issues with general atmosphere things was the main point of that.

Nice try.
did op get probated for this thread? I don't think I saw that tag on first read-through :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info