Petition to GGG: Overall Game Performance

Well I think they will rather lunch PoE 2 with new better engine than reworking existing one. Redesigning engine is always very risky, means new bugs, risk of even worse performance and so on. Many IT companies fell because they tried to redisign their engine..

However I agree that there could be some hot fixes to repair easy-to-solve problems.

Last edited by CookieVortex on Sep 23, 2014, 2:55:34 PM
+1

New players try out the game, experience desync, and immediately quit.
"
CookieVortex wrote:
Well I think they will rather lunch PoE 2 with new better engine than reworking existing one. Redesigning engine is always very risky, means new bugs, risk of even worse performance and so on. Many IT companies fell because they tried to redisign their engine..

However I agree that there could be some hot fixes to repair easy-to-solve problems.

I sure hope they have lunch before they launch POE 2. ;)
+1

I literally just died because apparently my actual character was in a different room, being [Removed by Support] by those Ice throwing, frog jumping things.

Plus the CONSTANT drop in FPS. Every time I open any room or map that has either a bunch of flashy stuff, or RAIN... GOOD GOD THE RAIN.

How many Zana missions i have missed because I just sit in the loading screen listening to the god damn rain, before re-appearing in the Log in screen over and over again.

De-sync, FPS, and Freaking Rain. All gotta go, seriously.
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Sep 23, 2014, 3:57:48 PM
"
Nubatron wrote:

It is unfortunately never as simple as HW spec dump.

What OS?
OS config/settings?
Patch level?
Inventory of running processes?
lAN configuration
Age of HW?
Ambient temperature inside case?
CPU temp?
Overclocked?
Type of RAM?
How recently have you vacuumed inside of machine? (Seriously)
(Everything else)

I can attest to the wisdom.

Recently, did a fresh OS install; and observed performance improvements. Did my research and found optimal graphics drivers; more performance improvements.

We should know simple things can make a difference as well. Most first person shooter players will tell you to play with a wired internet connection. I have had the displeasure of repairing a friends computer; in which he had never once vacuumed.

Not everything is the consumers fault. I think if both ends strive to improve, our game experience will improve.
<3 Free Tibet <3
"
KayosLegion wrote:
+1

I literally just died because apparently my actual character was in a different room, being [Removed by Support] by those Ice throwing, frog jumping things.

Plus the CONSTANT drop in FPS. Every time I open any room or map that has either a bunch of flashy stuff, or RAIN... GOOD GOD THE RAIN.

How many Zana missions i have missed because I just sit in the loading screen listening to the god damn rain, before re-appearing in the Log in screen over and over again.

De-sync, FPS, and Freaking Rain. All gotta go, seriously.

Why do people hate the rain? I never had a single problem with any part of the game where it rains and i been through em all. The only thing that did lag me out a bit was merveils water pillars and thats about it.
"
Stoutarm wrote:
-1 this thread.

[Removed by Support]

"

Why do people hate the rain? I never had a single problem with any part of the game where it rains and i been through em all. The only thing that did lag me out a bit was merveils water pillars and thats about it.

Just because you dont have problems, does not mean other people dont as well. It is a pretty large fail to assume that just because things work for you, they all work for everyone else. I mean, unless the whole world is living inside your home and uses your PC to play PoE... then carry on!
And if you close your eyes, does it feel like your exalt almost hit this time~
Last edited by Support on Sep 23, 2014, 4:24:08 PM
"
Sorrowfal wrote:
+1

New players try out the game, experience desync, and immediately quit.

This^. It gives the game huge dissapointment potential for people's first/early impression of not just the game but the whole company.

If I was just coming into the game around now with the amount of desync ive been seeing as of forsaken masters launch I can tell you without a doubt that id say "F this" and unistall after day 1 of playing, in fact im tempted to do that now but i guess im too stubborn and like what the game could become too much to do that now.

Ill accept that desync, bugs, and problems exist within software in general but holy fuck GGG youve filled the game with sooooo much stuff that aggravates the problems that you know exist that you might as well just come out and tell us all to go fuck ourselves by now.
Half or so of the mobs in any given map can do some form of charge, leap, or teleport move (or shit even a moderate jog) and smash into any and everything in their way causing a mess of desync to them and any movable objects they hit. Ive watched mobs (and not just one or 2 on the screen either) run into the room and stand there for a sec, resync and rubberband into the room they came from which is often off screen, multiple times in a row. The past few days at any given time on a map when i type /oos not only do I move positions, but most of the screen does as well and oos is needed often enough that you might as well literally make it a built in macro for the game with a place on the skills panel in the UI with a keybind in options because its as used as any gems are.
Hell even slow mobs that dont really move much without you getting their attention first like zombies and skeletons are significantly desynced by the time i reach them in the run.

Desync has been an issue the whole time ive played this game but forsaken masters cranked it up so high it seems that its becoming no longer ignorable. Dont get me wrong the rest of the game is awesome but the bad performance is an insult to the game itself and to the players that like the game enough to stick around and wait for the performance to get better ESPECIALLY when theres such a whopping penalty for deaths. 10% xp loss per death may not sound like alot to noobs reading this but later game at high levels 10% is massively whoppingly huge.

Furthermore there are builds ive tried that are fun and wacky (leapsplam in particular) that i would love to actually focus on but are so desync prone that attempting to do much with them is seemingly hopeless and a long long walk down XP-loss lane ending at the small town of Stuck-at-my-current-level-forever Ville.

Stop piling more shit on top of the foundation and work out some technical issues before the whole thing gets so crumbled that you can no longer add more things on before it collapses.

+1 to OP and Sorrowfal and everyone else that gave a +1. This is getting ridiculous.

Add my name to the list.

Last edited by rosshilge on Sep 23, 2014, 4:23:50 PM
Couldn't agree more. I too was ok with a little desync because it is a small indie company. They are aware of the fact and state it can't be fixed. But adding content that makes it worse is a terrible decision. Personally I think this arpg is leaps and bounds above any on the market but GGG want the "hardcore tactic" players where positioning matters and whatever nonsense they say when claiming why desync is around, but we can't even play to the tactics you want if desync gets worse.
"
Eternallight wrote:
"
Stoutarm wrote:
-1 this thread.

[Removed by Support]

"

Just because you dont have problems, does not mean other people dont as well. It is a pretty large fail to assume that just because things work for you, they all work for everyone else. I mean, unless the whole world is living inside your home and uses your PC to play PoE... then carry on!

Well, they already are working on it so i dont see this thread doing anything but sit here and add to the pile of data that the internet has accumulated over the years. And dedicating weeks or month or however long you think it would take to "fix" desync is just not reasonable. I want my act 4 and i want my temp leagues and i sure as hell want my races. Screw the desync, since, yes, it affects me little, i dont care what it does to anyone else.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info