Mathil's Evasion Crit DW Sword Cycloner - Smashes Atziri

"
ShiverXL wrote:
Is a Shavs Low-life BM version of this viable (regardless of cost)? A significant amount of your res requirements are covered by triple purities, you don't need to run Blood Magic gem in your 5L/6L, and you can use Lust for Carnage passive area + a surgeons life flask to cover the life-cost of cyclone while using Vaal Pact.

Also I might be blind or misinformed but why does this build not need unwavering stance? Haven't played cyclone before.

Sick build btw.

You are immune to stun while cycloning. And this is an evasion build with acro/ondars. Im playing dual wield non crit armor based cyclone with a soul taker and i take the unwavering stance because its relatively close.
my build if you are interested
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAAecFLQlYDjwTTBQgFFIUcRiRGNsaOCSbJvgnCycvJ-0ppTBPMHc0kzXvOlI67T38QKBBdEKjR35OKk4yUEdT31hjWNtZ81n-W69csF8_YEthUmNwZU1lp2wWbbRuaXKpdO12K3rve4x82YCKgUGDtoTZhO-GYIcZjM-QCpBVlZuZK5uDn8ukrKcwp4Ssqq5QtkG8n72BvqfAGsEEwYvBo8bY0_zbp90N4mHjn-W96hjvDu9O7-PyL_ZI9lX3MvdN-Ov8S0p9h3ZnoPzFZfB1TqaNLOk=
"
Vultighjime wrote:
Sorry to ask again but in case you missed it. Do you think it would be viable to drop Grace if using Lightning Coil? (Using Hatred + Herald of Ash + Purity of Light.) Then I would either pick up Acro or IR. But do you think the loss of Evasion would be a problem?

Well I already use Acro, can't really say if you'll be ok without grace but with a coil. Point of grace/ondars is to help counter the effects of Abyssus and not using unwavering. You'll be taking way more hits without grace and I'm not sure a coil would cover that difference. I mean in events like going through a pack of heavy hitters such as big skele dudes or bears or whatever, you'll take most of their hits instead of avoiding half of em.

I'm pretty bad at hypotheticals personally so I usually test anything I'm curious about myself. If I had to guess I'd say you'll probably be fine but would think that the loss of herald of ash is a much small one than that of grace. Herald of Ash gives 6k dps out of my 61k btw. It's an affordable loss imo.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Looks a really fun build to play, and I am tempted to roll this as my next build.

As a tip for the Atziri fight: When using cyclone you can just target frozen Atziri during the adds phase and you should kill them all just before they reach her. You don't need to move around the room.
Is it worthwhile to play a bit of a burn build and swap your off-hand to Doryani's Scepter + Reduced Mana / Herald of Ash / Fire Pen for all flammable targets? Switch back to dps off-hand for Atziri.
"
ShiverXL wrote:
Is it worthwhile to play a bit of a burn build and swap your off-hand to Doryani's Scepter + Reduced Mana / Herald of Ash / Fire Pen for all flammable targets? Switch back to dps off-hand for Atziri.

I'll level with you. I haven't really got a clue what you're asking.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
Mathil wrote:
"
Vultighjime wrote:
Sorry to ask again but in case you missed it. Do you think it would be viable to drop Grace if using Lightning Coil? (Using Hatred + Herald of Ash + Purity of Light.) Then I would either pick up Acro or IR. But do you think the loss of Evasion would be a problem?

Well I already use Acro, can't really say if you'll be ok without grace but with a coil. Point of grace/ondars is to help counter the effects of Abyssus and not using unwavering. You'll be taking way more hits without grace and I'm not sure a coil would cover that difference. I mean in events like going through a pack of heavy hitters such as big skele dudes or bears or whatever, you'll take most of their hits instead of avoiding half of em.

I'm pretty bad at hypotheticals personally so I usually test anything I'm curious about myself. If I had to guess I'd say you'll probably be fine but would think that the loss of herald of ash is a much small one than that of grace. Herald of Ash gives 6k dps out of my 61k btw. It's an affordable loss imo.

Thanks for your thoughts. I think I'll try using Coil without Purity of Lightning, and keep Grace. It shouldn't be too hard to make up for the resistance penalty especially with master crafting.
Hideout of the Week S01E04 thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1088847
"
Mathil wrote:
"
ShiverXL wrote:

He saying:

take your crit melee dual wield build;
swap the offhand weapon for Doryani's Catalyst (with built-in ele prolif);
put Herald of Ash in it, with Fire Pen (and reduced Mana);
Cyclone with less dps, but the overkill damage could now be boosted by prolif, fire pen, ~90% increased ele damage, as well as leeching 1%. Plus the last two bonuses for any ele damage you were already doing regularly (asides from overkill).

A direct dps trade-off for burn prolif fun & maybe clear-speed, if your experience shows it to viable, and not a huge dps drop-off. Or some problem with the mechanics of doing so. He knows it won't work well for Atziri as she can't be ignited (not that she's vulnerable while anything's dying to overkill anyway).
Last edited by ProudLikeAGod on Sep 24, 2014, 2:15:00 PM
"
ProudLikeAGod wrote:
"
Mathil wrote:
"
ShiverXL wrote:

He saying:

take your crit melee dual wield build;
swap the offhand weapon for Doryani's Catalyst (with built-in ele prolif);
put Herald of Ash in it, with Fire Pen (and reduced Mana);
Cyclone with less dps, but the overkill damage could now be boosted by prolif, fire pen, ~90% increased ele damage, as well as leeching 1%. Plus the last two bonuses for any ele damage you were already doing regularly (asides from overkill).

A direct dps trade-off for burn prolif fun & maybe clear-speed, if your experience shows it to viable, and not a huge dps drop-off. Or some problem with the mechanics of doing so. He knows it won't work well for Atziri as she can't be ignited (not that she's vulnerable while anything's dying to overkill anyway).

Perfectly articulated my poorly worded question.
Thanks! If I end up rolling this, I'll post here with Scepter test results. Might be a few days.
How much accuracy would you recommend on gear? Is it enough to have a decent roll on one or two rings or should we try to get it on all jewellery and gloves? Thanks again
Hideout of the Week S01E04 thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1088847
"
Try to use foils as they have the largest AoE range for cyclone

aoe range? can you explain that? what is the diference from a axe with same stats?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info