Mathil's Evasion Crit DW Sword Cycloner - Smashes Atziri

Love this build for Torment, and after looking through your videos and debating a bunch over the past couple days, I think this takes the win over a cold witch build. Cyclone is just too tempting with the current mechanics of the new league. Can't wait to get into it! Thanks for the inspiration.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
Last edited by Khavali on Dec 23, 2014, 10:57:43 PM
Do you guys think this build can work for 2h? I just love 2h swords but it may not fare very well due to low crit chance base. Perhaps the inherent high base dmg of 2h swords will compensate for low crit chance? I still got an un-respec duelist in standard to test if there is some great idea!
Last edited by wiwigvn on Dec 26, 2014, 4:17:52 AM
Will try out tonight or tomorrow with an old level 80 toon. To the guy asking about dps/survivability.

I don't think you have a whole lot of leech, which really helps. At least, it seemed to when I was playing with it in 1.2. Also, I had more luck rolling with Rare Gloves with Phys, Attack Speed, and leech than I did with maligaro's. Add on life to it, and you're even better.

12 c:

Think Maligaro's gave me a bit more dps but not much, and the leech IS a defensive stat.

I think in 1.3 maintaining powercharges would be key, so think about an auto-curse with HoT. Power Charged up with wrath you should crit/stun/chill/freeze a LOT before taking big hits.

Finally, Not sure your health is high enough to warrant Belly... Could be wrong here, but find any junk armor with good life roll. equip it and see if you're better or worse off life-wise. If not too too worse off, realize that with 45% increased damage taken from abyssus is gonna hurt a ton. Might be worth running EV armor with good life and mid-resists (or lightning coild if you've got it to complete negate abyssus at 45%) to help pump your evade that extra bit to avoid the hits. If it's only a nominal life decrease, that is. If it's a lot less, that's a different story.

just my .02 from running this build on a budget in 1.2

Can someone pls link the tree ? its like buged :c
"
Khavali wrote:
Love this build for Torment, and after looking through your videos and debating a bunch over the past couple days, I think this takes the win over a cold witch build. Cyclone is just too tempting with the current mechanics of the new league. Can't wait to get into it! Thanks for the inspiration.

explain? what new mechanics make cyclone better than others?
I believe that he's referring to the new targeting system for cyclone. It hugely reduces desync, which imo was the only reason to use other skills than cyclone.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
At what level would you switch to Cyclone, currently level 36 and I can't sustain it with 3% leech?
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAmy2K8L02ZU2-p0d-hNkABhX2Ynlbr90NLOnK0xm0BiB0oHfXVvr8xecP3L0xsMv11FIwfH8rBbWNv1FHbIxirLTFwuydqnBSKgvz6rVIbWw2Pe1Bpn-xs2HiJpUWv1VLjDbYvTWStfKpbngNvooB3P4KcqnE9jwtxq63Pphv3COSffcy5c-QVRo4wBpZ86yqJy_jahZv-tJmnjbpJKpKfeOfh3ZnoAixP_zoZgaiF9xk5xcv_lQNzStQHM49D9QjVdbWik2SI_aNfVOlDF8cp7kdFezKkOlG

lvl 90, less dmg, more survivability. Don't ever say "overkill" in HP, when you are using Abyssus + going acro.

auras : Purity of Lightning - HoT (with ass mark) - HoA - Grace (reserved mana should only be 1~5)

gear : Abyssus + Lightning Coil

gems
1. Offensive : Cyclone - Blood Magic - Melee Physical Damage - Conc.effect - Increased Crit strikes/damage (depending how I feel about critting)

2. Defensive : Cyclone - Blood Magic - Melee Physical Damage - Life Leech/LGOH - Increased Crit strikes/damage

CWDT - 4 link
HoT - 4 Link
Hatred - HoA - PoL - reduced mana - 4 link
whirling blades - 3link
Vaal Haste - Vaal Grace - Inc. Duration - 3 link

would this work?

Last edited by greensunggwa on Jan 17, 2015, 1:11:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info