6L Cloak of Defiance (Rampage)

"
Mivo wrote:
"
DestroTheGod wrote:
It's such a distorted way of thinking. Instead of actually addressing the issue you try to circumvent it by saying 'take advantage of it'.

That wasn't the point. The point was that there is an alternative to whining and running to GGG, or trying to force others to change their prices: to take responsibility and do something about it yourself.

You see, the "argument" was that if an unlinked CoD costs x ex, and 1500 fuses cost y ex, it is therefore "bad" to charge more than x + y ex. In response to that, I asked why the OP doesn't just buy a CoD and the fuses and link it himself. That wasn't telling him to take advantage of it, but to get his ass up and do the work if he feels that what other people ask is too much. The market will sort itself out without GGG interfering.

And "work" is what it is about. For example, I recently looked into buying a drum machine/synthesizer. The manufacturer only sells it as a DIY kit. There are people who sell it pre-built, and they take $250+ more than the kit costs. Is that ridiculous? Should I complain? Nope. They charge extra for their effort, and because the pre-built devices sell at that price. What if I don't like it? I can just buy the kit and assemble the machine myself.

It's the same here: Buying 1500 fuses takes time and effort. It's much easier to hand over x ex and get the already linked CoD. Takes a few minutes at most vs. possibly hours and days of trading currency. So in the end, what I said is, "Don't be lazy.", not "Take advantage of it."

You didn't make that "argument" until it was clearly pointed out to you that it's downright foolish to spend that much on an item that can be made for far less. Before that, you were trying to make a case that CoD is popular and therefore deserves the asking price, which turned out to not make any sense whatsoever.

And with your synth analogy, you're paying someone that at the very least can probably solder a lot better than you. Does another player click buttons better than you? C'mon man.

You're being adversarial for absolutely no reason.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
You didn't make that "argument" until it was clearly pointed out to you that it's downright foolish to spend that much on an item that can be made for far less. Before that, you were trying to make a case that CoD is popular and therefore deserves the asking price, which turned out to not make any sense whatsoever.

The point was always that if people pay a certain price, that price is acceptable. I do believe CoD is more popular currently than some of the other chests that were mentioned, and I do believe that people are by nature lazy and are prone to paying more for convenience.

In response to that, someone pointed out that you can buy CoD and link it yourself cheaper, and I asked why the OP (and anyone else) doesn't do that instead of whining about what other people list as buyouts. I simply don't get the complaint. Would I pay 25 or 30 ex? No, never. But I have no problem with people asking that price because anyone who wasn't just born yesterday knows that they can get this cheaper (if they put in the effort of buying the fuses, which is more hassle than buying an already linked chest).

This is the same as with the synthesizer kit I mentioned. Yes, I would pay someone for soldering better than I can, and for their time. But in case of a chest, I'd pay someone for the hassle of trading for fuses and dealing with people that I don't want to deal with. The principle is the same.

I don't disagree with 25 or 30 EX to be an unrealistic price, but I also don't expect anyone to pay that, nor do I feel someone listing an item at an unreasonable price should be the cause for crocodile tears and petitions to GGG. That is what I felt was silly, and what triggered my response.
"
07Ghost wrote:
Basic economy. It is listed for 25ex and it either will sell or it won't. People on xyz can put the same price as the first person who listed but if they don't sell they will just be on there forever, and eventually sellers are forced to lower their price. What's wrong with you OP? If you disagree with the price then don't buy it. simple.

Except it's not that simple as the market has been deliberately set up in a way that stops the efficient setting of prices you describe. Mispriced items are inevitable as are, to a lesser extent, trades happening at such prices.
"
Raechel wrote:
"
07Ghost wrote:
Basic economy. It is listed for 25ex and it either will sell or it won't. People on xyz can put the same price as the first person who listed but if they don't sell they will just be on there forever, and eventually sellers are forced to lower their price. What's wrong with you OP? If you disagree with the price then don't buy it. simple.

Except it's not that simple as the market has been deliberately set up in a way that stops the efficient setting of prices you describe. Mispriced items are inevitable as are, to a lesser extent, trades happening at such prices.

its worse than that, xyz et al only show remaining asks, and no bids. all closed trades are removed, so we have no idea what price the last completed trade happened at. all we know is that it probably occurred lower (or equal to) than the lowest remaining ask.

So xyz is an ineficient price discovery mechanism in its own right.

B.
The Preceding message contains discretion.
Viewer nudity is advised.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info