6L Cloak of Defiance (Rampage)

"
Mivo wrote:
What stops the OP from doing just that?

It's kind of crazy how this is always the one of the first arguments that comes up. It was even used against me in, well, literally the same situation as OP. And then I linked my 6l Cloak and he was like "Oh".

It's such a distorted way of thinking. Instead of actually addressing the issue you try to circumvent it by saying 'take advantage of it'.

I wish this would stop.

But truth of the matter is you're not going to sell a cloak at 20 exalts very easily. Good luck at that price.
Last edited by DestroTheGod on Sep 22, 2014, 5:37:05 PM
Someone is selling a unique item for a lot higher than its worth? Never happens as long as I dont count every unique in the game.

Ex prices inflating in temp leagues? That never happens as long as I don't count every temp league ever.

/thread
"
DestroTheGod wrote:
It's such a distorted way of thinking. Instead of actually addressing the issue you try to circumvent it by saying 'take advantage of it'.

That wasn't the point. The point was that there is an alternative to whining and running to GGG, or trying to force others to change their prices: to take responsibility and do something about it yourself.

You see, the "argument" was that if an unlinked CoD costs x ex, and 1500 fuses cost y ex, it is therefore "bad" to charge more than x + y ex. In response to that, I asked why the OP doesn't just buy a CoD and the fuses and link it himself. That wasn't telling him to take advantage of it, but to get his ass up and do the work if he feels that what other people ask is too much. The market will sort itself out without GGG interfering.

And "work" is what it is about. For example, I recently looked into buying a drum machine/synthesizer. The manufacturer only sells it as a DIY kit. There are people who sell it pre-built, and they take $250+ more than the kit costs. Is that ridiculous? Should I complain? Nope. They charge extra for their effort, and because the pre-built devices sell at that price. What if I don't like it? I can just buy the kit and assemble the machine myself.

It's the same here: Buying 1500 fuses takes time and effort. It's much easier to hand over x ex and get the already linked CoD. Takes a few minutes at most vs. possibly hours and days of trading currency. So in the end, what I said is, "Don't be lazy.", not "Take advantage of it."
I bought a CoD last night for 10 c .

Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
Last edited by SirSid on Sep 22, 2014, 8:48:29 PM
who cares? if that's the market price then that's how much it worth for a 6L CoD.

Basic economy. It is listed for 25ex and it either will sell or it won't. People on xyz can put the same price as the first person who listed but if they don't sell they will just be on there forever, and eventually sellers are forced to lower their price. What's wrong with you OP? If you disagree with the price then don't buy it. simple.

"
RandallPOE wrote:
One would hope that people have better things to do other than lecturing sellers of an item they don't even want to buy about what price they should be selling it for.

This.
IGN: Kills_La_Killz (Standard)
IGN: UnlimitedBladeWork (Warband)
Last edited by 07Ghost on Sep 22, 2014, 9:03:33 PM
"
07Ghost wrote:
who cares? if that's the market price then that's how much it worth for a 6L CoD.

Basic economy. It is listed for 25ex and it either will sell or it won't. People on xyz can put the same price as the first person who listed but if it doesn't sell it will just be on there forever. What's wrong with you OP? If you disagree with the price then don't buy it. simple.

I think the Op's point is that a COD is not worth even close to this other players asking prise 6 linked or not . Yes no one will buy it , it should not matter however others see this and for some silly reason think they are selling for this much so ask for that much hence it dose effect things.

last ladder i got a 6 socket 5 link COD like 1 week in for 45 chaos , chest just not worth that much ( about 4 major patches ago you could not give away a COD no 1 would buy not even for 1 c )
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
"
Mivo wrote:
That wasn't the point. The point was that there is an alternative to whining and running to GGG, or trying to force others to change their prices: to take responsibility and do something about it yourself.

Yeah... cause the average person can realistically make a huge impact on the economy's pricing... right?

And why does he have to fix the game? I mean, I don't really care if this is actually an issue or not but I don't understand why you think a player should fix the issues of somebody else's game? Isn't that the devs job?

In terms of approach, I think his method of asking GGG for help is much better than the unrealistic approach of fixing the problem as an individual; something he shouldn't be obligated to do in the first place.

"
Mive wrote:
You see, the "argument" was that if an unlinked CoD costs x ex, and 1500 fuses cost y ex, it is therefore "bad" to charge more than x + y ex. In response to that, I asked why the OP doesn't just buy a CoD and the fuses and link it himself. That wasn't telling him to take advantage of it, but to get his ass up and do the work if he feels that what other people ask is too much. The market will sort itself out without GGG interfering.

But he is saying that it hasn't... isn't that his whole point? This is entirely subjective and something you two would have to argue. There is no way to say you or he are definitively right one way or another. He thinks it hasn't stabilized (and won't, I think) and you think it will sort itself out.

In regards to my own personal opinion, I do think prices are already stable.

"
Mive wrote:
And "work" is what it is about. For example, I recently looked into buying a drum machine/synthesizer. The manufacturer only sells it as a DIY kit. There are people who sell it pre-built, and they take $250+ more than the kit costs. Is that ridiculous? Should I complain? Nope. They charge extra for their effort, and because the pre-built devices sell at that price. What if I don't like it? I can just buy the kit and assemble the machine myself.

It's the same here: Buying 1500 fuses takes time and effort. It's much easier to hand over x ex and get the already linked CoD. Takes a few minutes at most vs. possibly hours and days of trading currency. So in the end, what I said is, "Don't be lazy.", not "Take advantage of it."

This is a pretty opinionated and gray area. How much 'work' justifies 'x price'. I think that it takes enough time and effort to justify... say... maybe a 1-2 exalt price increase max to get the 1.5k fusings. Really anything more than that is overkill. Op is talking about a 20-50% (5-10 exa) price increase so. In this case, I would agree that a 25-50% overprice is overkill. You don't really specify how much you think is overkill so I don't really have much of a way to respond.

And that's assuming we price things at 20 exa for 6l as the standard price, which is realistically too high. I'd say a 25-30 exa chest is 50-100% overprice. Again, not really justifiable in my opinion.

In regards to 'don't be lazy', that's an ad hominem attack so there isn't anything for me to say there.
Last edited by DestroTheGod on Sep 22, 2014, 10:26:04 PM
"
DestroTheGod wrote:
How much 'work' justifies 'x price'. I think that it takes enough time and effort to justify... say... maybe a 1-2 exalt price increase max to get the 1.5k fusings. Really anything more than that is overkill. Op is talking about a 20-50% price increase so. In this case, I would agree that a 20-50% overprice is overkill. You don't really specify how much you think is overkill so I don't really have much of a way to respond.

It's self-regulating. If people won't pay X for Y, then the price will drop, or the sellers won't move the product. If the product costs more to manufacture than people are willing to pay (not the case here), then the product will no longer be made.

Of course I agree that 30 EX for a 6L CoD is too much. I'd never pay that. But I have no problem with people offering it at that price, if they want to. If they sell it at that price, fine, it means there are players who are willing to spend that amount. If they won't sell it, they'll just keep sitting on it, and someone else will sell theirs at 20 EX.

6L CoDs aren't a finite product. New ones drop every minute, and since you can now link them for 1500 fuses (or less), the minimum value is pretty much defined. No one has a monopoly on 6L CoDs.

I don't really see why it's a problem that some people ask steeply marked up prices when everyone has the means to undercut these prices or get a 6L CoD for less.
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
"
Mivo wrote:
Well, let's think outside of the box: Perhaps those other armors are really underpriced and should also be at least 30 ex?

And besides, who is to say CoD (free MoM) isn't worth the 23-25 ex? You are aware that almost 35% of the people on Rampage play Witches?

I guess you missed the part where you can quite literally make a 6L cloak for 19-20 ex? Cloaks are pretty common and sell as low as 12c, fuses are 1:75 with exalts.

the 10 ex premium is because people are unwilling to risk the RNG
"
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
"
Mivo wrote:
Well, let's think outside of the box: Perhaps those other armors are really underpriced and should also be at least 30 ex?

And besides, who is to say CoD (free MoM) isn't worth the 23-25 ex? You are aware that almost 35% of the people on Rampage play Witches?

I guess you missed the part where you can quite literally make a 6L cloak for 19-20 ex? Cloaks are pretty common and sell as low as 12c, fuses are 1:75 with exalts.

the 10 ex premium is because people are unwilling to risk the RNG

There is no rng. 1500 fusings to vorici for a 6l. If one exa is 80 fusings that's 18,75 exa. The only problem is getting a cheap 6s. I assume you need it for the recipe.

If you buy a 6l one for 25-30 you are being ripped off.
Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 23, 2014, 12:35:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info