REFLECT IS STUPID!

"
TikoXi wrote:
"
Shade_RU_N53 wrote:
<snipitty snip snip>

Also I would like to actually have more information about being hit by reflect and other dangerous stuff. In game there is a lot of situations where you won't be able to see the aura on the mob you're hitting and these visual queues would help immensely.

This please. I'm not a huge fan of walking into an Unid'ed map for funsies, and then instagibbing myself on the first mobpack because it has elemental reflect before I realise what the heck is going on.
On top of that, the current particle effects are nigh impossible to make out amongst the clusterphuq that is a strongbox with 3 rare mobs, at least 2 of whom have aura effects, and 1 ALWAYS has allies cannot die, which is a shit ton of halo's right there. Some visual feedback as to why you just lost 70% of your HP when there aren't any devouerers around would be appreciated. It would be a lot easier to play around if it was easier to notice imo :/

(For the record, I don't like the mechanic at all, but I don't think it needs to go. Just needs a little work...)

Here's something I can agree with.

Reflect is useless against things like Incinerate. Plug in Arctic Armor, get regularly capped fire resistance, and you'll never feel reflect. But if you do a crit, max charge discharge, you'll one-shot yourself on some mobs.

Reflect needs to deal damage based on what you are using. Incinerate should take more reflect damage while Discharge would take less.
"
Natharias wrote:
Reflect is useless against things like Incinerate. Plug in Arctic Armor, get regularly capped fire resistance, and you'll never feel reflect. But if you do a crit, max charge discharge, you'll one-shot yourself on some mobs.

Reflect needs to deal damage based on what you are using. Incinerate should take more reflect damage while Discharge would take less.

Reflect should really be a flat damage. Elemental reflect shouldn't be "reflects the elemental damage you deal", it should be "reflects X level-based random element damage". Physical reflect likewise. Then the numbers are consistent and can be compensated for.

Further things like fast, frequently hitting skills triggering only partial reflect might be necessary for skills like incinerate as well.
reflect is fine.

certain skills allow the player to have a huge dps boost, as discharge or flameblast; that bonus must has a risk, that risk is "if you don't notice a reflect guy you die noob"; the same goes for high crit multi builds.

with a tree like this you could really make a char that when clicks the mouse, everything on the screen disappear in a cloud of dust; such dps would allow you to go around with quite less defence right? right, and also boring.

in this game you can be very defensive as very offensive. the trick to survive is to find your own balance.

example:

shadow -> phys dmg -> crit -> no armour = brief life

shadow -> phys dmg -> crit -> iron reflexes -> block chance = medium/long life

which -> flame blast -> crit -> spamming on yellow strongboxes = doomed life

scion -> CoC proj Fireball + other spells -> huge crit -> less than 85% to all res = it's super effective!!!

just look around you, learn from your mistakes, and go on with living. reflect system is perfectly fine.
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
"
Narrrz wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

Reflect should really be a flat damage. Elemental reflect shouldn't be "reflects the elemental damage you deal", it should be "reflects X level-based random element damage". Physical reflect likewise. Then the numbers are consistent and can be compensated for.

Further things like fast, frequently hitting skills triggering only partial reflect might be necessary for skills like incinerate as well.

The current system is the only way to make it even close to worthwhile to have.

If it was flat, then AA would definitely take care of fire reflect even with -60% fire resistance.
im down for a reflect nerf -> atziri acuity nerf
ign: ALLRAUDER
"
Narrrz wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

I don't think flat damage is the way to go - but a Dot would be more managable. Like anti-lifeleech? Capped at a max-HP relative speed. Glass cannons can't go around melting through anything like wildfire, but they at least can do *something* when you see that spikey aura. And while arctic armor makes incinerate reflect laughable, it would also allow incinerators to do something *other* than AA. Opening up more build diversity is never a bad thing, is it?

IS IT?

Cause right now (as someone who tried to avoid running AA as an incinerator) it's AA or bust. I thought stagnant, go-to build choices were a bad thing?
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
They actually did nerf reflect a little.

The only think I don't like, is that reflect pretty much means you need Vaal Pact if you're attacking or self casting...

But I'd like to be able to perform slow, single target hits, and still use the regular leach mechanic.

See, with vaal pact and damage mitigations, you can leach as much as gets reflected, by percents, so it scales endlessly, and makes you reflect immune despite crazy crit multi...

Am I wrong?

Sure, you can trap or totem to get away from reflect, but for anyone else I cant imagine not using life leach and Vaal Pact.

Mandatory creates horrible build diversity.
I think that reflect should be removed entirely. I am at level 70 with a lightning mage and can't level at all because every 3rd Yellow monster has reflect. Its dumb, because it makes mages useless at what they are best at, (clearing out large groups of monsters quickly). This is the only game where people have magic reflect for a good reason. Some of them i have to suicide at least tree times to kill one. If there was an aura to mitigate reflects that would be very nice. I also wouldn't mind if they made the reflect a base amount like any reflect you can get as a character. I feel like damage dealers should not be penalized for having high damage.
"
Arcamar wrote:
I think that reflect should be removed entirely. I am at level 70 with a lightning mage and can't level at all because every 3rd Yellow monster has reflect. Its dumb, because it makes mages useless at what they are best at, (clearing out large groups of monsters quickly). This is the only game where people have magic reflect for a good reason. Some of them i have to suicide at least tree times to kill one. If there was an aura to mitigate reflects that would be very nice. I also wouldn't mind if they made the reflect a base amount like any reflect you can get as a character. I feel like damage dealers should not be penalized for having high damage.

If you read any of this thread you'll realize it's your character that is the problem, not reflect.

Reflect does 10-15% of damage, I'm not sure where it is right now. But let's assume it does 20% of your damage.

If you built correctly and have at least capped resistances, you only take 5% of your total damage dealt. 5 is 25% of 20.

Now let's say you managed to get 10k DPS. 5% is 500 per second, and with leech that is nothing.
I have never had to deal with reflect till the new league and even if your doing low damage it will rekt you

Either raise max hp on all gear and char lvls to like x10 of what it is or this shouldn't be a thing

Its just another way you get 1 hit by monsters even if you had like 99% res it would still kill you because your damage would be high vs how much hp you can get

I kill myself on my 6k damage to reflect mobs in like 2 seconds with my 1.3k hp and its hard to see what mob has reflect and what mob doesn't (not stopping to check EVERY MOB that means the system is broke if you had to)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info