REFLECT IS STUPID!

seriously tho .. it has to change .. im 75% light res on my witch i do 12k damage on crit

if what i read is correct then 14% of 15k = 2100 damage

that means if i spell echo and they both crit .. i do 4200 damage to myself

it means i instantly die before i even know what happened .

imo reflect shouldnt be able to kill just severely wound

take me down to 1 life idc .. but if it stays they way it is i cant even level my char anymore cuz i die at least once a map
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
seriously tho .. it has to change .. im 75% light res on my witch i do 12k damage on crit

if what i read is correct then 14% of 15k = 2100 damage

that means if i spell echo and they both crit .. i do 4200 damage to myself

it means i instantly die before i even know what happened .

imo reflect shouldnt be able to kill just severely wound

take me down to 1 life idc .. but if it stays they way it is i cant even level my char anymore cuz i die at least once a map
You forgot to mitigate your reflect. Try multiplying that 4200 by .25 to get the amount after your Lightning Resist. Think you can handle 1050? If you really want to protect yourself, use Purity of Lightning and Topaz flasks.

It's not hard. The only stupid thing is people not being willing to use the tools available to mitigate the reflect.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Then do either less damage or be more careful before you 1 shot yourself. [Removed by Support]
Which spell are you using, frankbrown1193?
im arc atm 14750 damage 60% crit

problem is .. once i cast its too late

most of the time i dont even see the monster that kills me ( since it chains 4 times and sometimes goes farther then i can see and i spell echo so it does it twice.)

friend suggested rainbow strides and a light res aura but its not helping much .. ill look into the flasks

but imo its still very over powered
Last edited by frankbrown1193 on Sep 20, 2014, 7:30:28 PM
"
im arc atm 14750 damage

What is that? dps?
What is the damage range? How much energy shield do you have?
"

most of the time i dont even see the monster that kills me ( since it chains 4 times and sometimes goes farther then i can see and i spell echo so it does it twice.)

friend suggested rainbow strides and a light res aura but its not helping much .. ill look into the flasks

Have you tried this to mitigate some damage?

Please, if a player has to use uniques to survive that affix, then it is indeed much too powerful.
Uniques shouldn't come up within the discussion, unless the uniques are the source of the issue.
Uniques aren't required. They just make it trivial.

A level 20 Purity of Lightning gives 4 max resist. If you have aura effect nodes or buff nodes (like Inner Force), as little as 25% increase raises that to 5 and 50% to 6. You used to be able to get it up to 10 max with a level 23 aura using combination of corruption, Empower, or uniques, but with the latest tree I don't know if that's still possible. Topaz Flask is base 10 max and with flask effect nodes can get up to 13. Oh, and there is +1 max lightning resist in the witch area (where I assume an Arc build has nodes around there).
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"

It's not too late after you cast, it's too late before you cast.

Learn how to play these games. You need to adapt before the problem comes up, not after.

"
Please, if a player has to use uniques to survive that affix, then it is indeed much too powerful.
Uniques shouldn't come up within the discussion, unless the uniques are the source of the issue.

Uniques are not used to bypass or ignore simple mechanics.

There are builds that can trivialize reflect without even trying. Look at Incinerate. Even with 0% fire resistance, you can easily take zero reflected damage if you run Arctic Armor.

"
mark1030 wrote:
Uniques aren't required. They just make it trivial.

A level 20 Purity of Lightning gives 4 max resist. If you have aura effect nodes or buff nodes (like Inner Force), as little as 25% increase raises that to 5 and 50% to 6. You used to be able to get it up to 10 max with a level 23 aura using combination of corruption, Empower, or uniques, but with the latest tree I don't know if that's still possible. Topaz Flask is base 10 max and with flask effect nodes can get up to 13. Oh, and there is +1 max lightning resist in the witch area (where I assume an Arc build has nodes around there).

And then you have the purity auras.

There are plenty of methods to deal with reflect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info